The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 658
    Deadman said:
    Stone Island crew having fun? Arseholes.
    Yeah obviously organised.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Game restarted for the last 8 minutes.
    edited January 28
    The Live FA cup draw will now be held during the Liverpool v Budgie Scum half time break on ITV.
    Liverpool 1-0 up  :3
    edited January 28
    Liverpool 5 Scum 2
    Excellent win by Liverpool.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10020
    edited January 28
    The trouble at the Brummy Road end was a Wolves fan  in the Halfords Lane,  he jumped up when wolves scored their second and then proceeded to shush us while the stewards did precisely fuck all until our knuckle draggers decided to swarm that area (there's a disabled entrance there so it's open between the two stands). 

Idiots all around. An idiot Albion fan has sold the Wolves fan their ticket, idiot fan has made a show of himself, idiot stewards did fuck all meaning the police had a much bigger situation to deal with, and our idiot knuckle dragging fans storming the area like they did.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    In terms of the match itself, I felt Albion largely held their own but Wolves obviously have better players and we have no attackers, so our usual weakness of losing to quick counter attacks was always likely. Wolves didn't seem as good as I expected but clearly have better players than we do
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    Deadman said:
    Nobody organises punch ups inside football grounds anymore.  Nobody.
    The trouble by where I was sat (ie what started the problems) wasn't organised, it was an away fan celebrating in the home end and taunting people
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9717
    It's a massive derby.

There are few games with such venom.

Not an excuse obvs, but as someone who lives in the Black Country, it was on the cards.
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1258
    Liverpool 5 Scum 2
    Excellent win by Liverpool.
    This casual way of describing another club in such bad terms just adds to the overall toxic atmosphere in football. I'm not saying you're throwing darts into the home end but it all adds up in my opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28043
    edited January 28
    ^^Agreed

Unnecessary, and not consistent with the general level of posts in this thread.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    In terms of the match itself, I felt Albion largely held their own but Wolves obviously have better players and we have no attackers, so our usual weakness of losing to quick counter attacks was always likely. Wolves didn't seem as good as I expected but clearly have better players than we do
    I thought we played well apart from in front of goal. Wolves were a bit disjointed but decent strikers put chances away. I'm in the Woodman side of the Brummie and could see the WMP reinforcements arriving outside through the emergency vehicle tunnel - it was never going to end well. Tbh I've seen worse scraps at Edgbaston for Bears v Pears but the stewards sorted it out. There's some talk of the away fans in the Halfords being on complimentary tickets - we'll see I suppose.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

I thought we played well apart from in front of goal. Wolves were a bit disjointed but decent strikers put chances away. I'm in the Woodman side of the Brummie and could see the WMP reinforcements arriving outside through the emergency vehicle tunnel - it was never going to end well. Tbh I've seen worse scraps at Edgbaston for Bears v Pears but the stewards sorted it out. There's some talk of the away fans in the Halfords being on complimentary tickets - we'll see I suppose.
    I sit in the corner by the Halfords so was very close to it, and it was pretty grim to see with our fans attacking the stewards and police, the police were being quite heavy handed with truncheons but I suppose they needed to be and I've no sympathy for the Wolves fan or for any of the Albion fans who stormed the area. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    I sit in the corner by the Halfords so was very close to it, and it was pretty grim to see with our fans attacking the stewards and police, the police were being quite heavy handed with truncheons but I suppose they needed to be and I've no sympathy for the Wolves fan or for any of the Albion fans who stormed the area. 
    Me neither. It's not a good advert for the club or football in general.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16422
    Well done Newport. Pity they didn’t get a replay. I do wonder why a team like Man U can't simply win games like this 10-0, I guess there's something to be said for plucky underdog spirit. 

I heard bits of the Black Country Spine Road adjacent derby on R5 yesterday. It was quite odd, sort of War of the Worlds spooky ten minutes into stoppage. But from the hilights decent goals by Wolves even though that's not what the match will be remembered for. 

RobDavies said:
    Deadman said:
    I assumed this was a typo as it's Stone Cross in West Bromwich but a quick Google suggests Stone Island is more generic. So maybe they had a Stone Island from Stone Cross crew? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    RobDavies said:
    Deadman said:
    I assumed this was a typo as it's Stone Cross in West Bromwich but a quick Google suggests Stone Island is more generic. So maybe they had a Stone Island from Stone Cross crew? 
    Some of the pond life sat near me were both stoned and cross to be fair
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2406

Conor Bradley though..  excellent stuff.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    @EricTheWeary not sure if you’re humouring me mate but Stone Island as in the preferred clothing labelled of the hooligan.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16422
    Deadman said:
    @EricTheWeary not sure if you’re humouring me mate but Stone Island as in the preferred clothing labelled of the hooligan.
    So I've gathered. I read Stone Island crew and thought that's part of West Bromwich then thought no that's Stone Cross. Hence my confusion. 
    Even when I worked in West Bromwich magistrates court football hooliganism/organised football violence wasn't much of a thing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23715
    Deadman said:
    Is it a sister company of River Island?  Genuine question, I have no idea.