The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12593
    Boromedic said:
    Absolutely mad that a toenail is offside and we're using a snickometer for penalties now. Unbelievable Jeff.....
    By the logic applied to the Denmark goal if you’ve ever been offside a goal can be disallowed even if you are onside when the ball is played to you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5035
    Brilliant second goal for Germany. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5009
    munckee said:
    Boromedic said:
    Absolutely mad that a toenail is offside and we're using a snickometer for penalties now. Unbelievable Jeff.....
    By the logic applied to the Denmark goal if you’ve ever been offside a goal can be disallowed even if you are onside when the ball is played to you. 
    Seemingly, it's utter madness these decisions tbh, drives me insane!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

Rocker said:
    Brilliant second goal for Germany. 
    Agreed real quality. 
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1492
    Sorry to see the Danes going out....always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Germany will almost certainly face Spain next and I fancy Spain to beat them.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10390
    You look at the teams in the next two games, Slovakia then Switzerland and we should be confident that we'll get to the semi final but I just think we could lose to either of these teams. 
    You look at the teams in the next two games, Slovakia then Switzerland and we should be confident that we'll get to the semi final but I just think we could lose to either of these teams. 
    I’m fairly sure we’re going out on penalties tomorrow. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23697
    Did anyone see the advert at the end of the ITV coverage with Harry Redknapp talking German?  Was it AI or something?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3136
    I don't think touching the ball with your hand in that position should be penalised by a free shot on goal. Indirect free kick, penalty only if you hack down a player with a shooting chance, and a red card. You are better off trying to blast the ball against a defenders arm than you are actually making a decent cross.  And Denmark's goal was a fair goal, no advantage gained by the offside. Both technically correct, morally wrong. If you ask me.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31969
    This is the knockout stage, it's extremely arrogant to talk about the "next two games".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10390
    edited June 30
    p90fool said:
    This is the knockout stage, it's extremely arrogant to talk about the "next two games".
    We're playing in one in just a few hours. How is it arrogant to talk about a game we're playing tonight?

And I said I don't know if we'll win it, or the next one if we do get through. Respecting your opponent and saying you think you might not beat them because you don't look as good as you should, and because they look decent is anything but arrogant chap. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2861
    The penalty was actually one of the more clearest in recent times. Ball was going into middle of the area and it slowed it down.  Balls going in the and shots on goal should always be penalty (or perhaps free kick in the box as suggested by someone just now) whether they are deliberate or not.

the unfortunate Danish offside guy, well it was in a very short space of time, he didn’t move, he was right in front of the goal on the 6 years line,then he got the ball.  reasonable imho
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7220
    p90fool said:
    Oh behave. Every team will look at the permutations that could happen on the way to potentially winning the whole tournament. It's the reason the TV and media put out the "route to the final" type charts.

England won't reach the semi though I don't think.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3194
    England's toughest game will be tonight. I am going for 0-0 after aet but a win on penalties with Pickford the hero.

'Southgate out' echoes throughout the stadium.

Our boring game will dampen the Swiss enthusiasm in the quarters where even Harry Kane gets on the scoresheet for a comfortable 3-0.

Back to tonight and... 

Spain 4 Georgia 0

Georgia collapse in the 2nd half, frustrated with the boring Spanish, get reckless, suffer a crushing blow with a sending off after which it all falls apart. Good theatrics on show from the Spanish though. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7220
    Coincidentally will be having a vinda tonight while the match is on, wish me luck!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tony99 said:
    Coincidentally will be having a vinda tonight while the match is on, wish me luck!
    Good luck to your butt. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1130
    Only 1 change made to the starting XI - Mainoo in the midfield. Not enough changes for me.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14824
    tFB Trader
    Only 1 change made to the starting XI - Mainoo in the midfield. Not enough changes for me.
    Thought Mainoo made a difference in the 2nd 1/2 last match- not that it could have been much worse-  But a better balance IMO with him there over Gallagher 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1130
    Yeah that's a good change, but I wanted Palmer and Gordon to come in, drop one of Foden/Bellingham to give better balance.
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1298
    edited June 30
    I mean there's something to be said about bringing Palmer as an impact sub I suppose. If he starts and a drastic change is needed late in the game, who's left to bring on? I can't see anyone else on that bench who can spark something offensively.