Chiz.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1424
    edited July 2
    Ronaldo having a cry. FFS. 
    It was ok when Gazza did it !
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10398
    Slovenia aren't bad. We drew with them and they drew with Portugal and played well, maybe we're just underestimating them and also our performance against them. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14842
    tFB Trader
    Friday night and the Euros - On paper, 2 big games that could/should easily be the final - Spain v Germany - Certainly the best 2 teams so far - France v Portugal - Both teams struggling to score yet the potential to be on fire - France have not yet scored in open play this tournament 

But looking fwd to a night in - Stock up with a snack or two - Walk the dog in between the 2 games 

Spain v Germany - can't decide who will win and am open minded about who I want to win

Portugal v France - I want Portugal to win - 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3206
    Slovenia showed they are a decent defensive side. Shut England out, shut Portugal out and never lost any of their games after 90 minutes. Just can't take a penalty.

Slovakia beat Belgium 2-0, France could only manage 1-0 and an own goal at that. We did well to beat Slovakia, a very decent side.

Two tricky games tonight to work out but think they could be high scoring. 

Romania 2 Netherlands 3 (aet) 

Plenty of goals and attacking football on show but I think the Dutch will have more possession and ultimately more chances that will give them the edge in extra time. 

Austria 3 Turkey 2 (aet)

Very similar to the above. I think Austria will be in control of possession but Turkey full of fight. Both will have chances to win the game but Austria prove to be more clinical.

Two days with no football after that where we have to put up with liars in rosettes behave like pricks. 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16426
    Ronaldo having a cry. FFS. 
    It was ok when Gazza did it !
    Or Keith Brymer Jones. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Shrews said:
    Slovenia showed they are a decent defensive side. Shut England out, shut Portugal out and never lost any of their games after 90 minutes. Just can't take a penalty.

Slovakia beat Belgium 2-0, France could only manage 1-0 and an own goal at that. We did well to beat Slovakia, a very decent side.

I agree. People are looking at the size of the country and discounting the team and the togetherness they have to perform well at this level. We didn't play as good as we should've but they're still decent sides. 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1570
    p90fool said:
    Well despite my criticism of England I now fancy them to go all the way having seen France and Belgium.

We'll drag em down to our level and then beat them with experience!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 974
    Perhaps on a French guitar forum there’s a thread titled Le Fil de Football where everyone is complaining about how shit the national team is playing…

p90fool said:
    Well despite my criticism of England I now fancy them to go all the way having seen France and Belgium.
    Seen Spain? 
    AlbertC said:
    Perhaps on a French guitar forum there’s a thread titled Le Fil de Football where everyone is complaining about how shit the national team is playing…

Yea they will be. The Spanish are also very hard on their team, they think they've got it bad here but over there they take no prisoners. And lets not talk about South America!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23751
    AlbertC said:
    Wow, imagine a French FretBoard....  I wonder what l'Empereur Fabuleux would be posting about...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14842
    edited July 2 tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    AlbertC said:
    Wow, imagine a French FretBoard....  I wonder what l'Empereur Fabuleux would be posting about...
    And how a Harley Benton Maccaferri is just as good as a 1930's Selmer Maccaferri for gypsy jazz - Or more importantly just as crap and hard to play
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1130
    Bit late on this but wow what a valiant effort by Slovenia last night. Heroic defending and what a save by the keeper from Ronaldo's first penalty. But props to CR7 for stepping up to take the first one in the shootout not long after. I wonder what was going through his mind when he put the ball on the spot. He desperately wanted to score and you could see how upset he was missing the initial one.

All Slovenia's penalties were crap. If I'm correct the Portugal keeper is the one who plays for Porto where Arsenal won the CL shoot out a few months ago where Odegaard, Havertz, Saka and Rice all scored past him?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23751
    All Slovenia's penalties were crap. If I'm correct the Portugal keeper is the one who plays for Porto where Arsenal won the CL shoot out a few months ago where Odegaard, Havertz, Saka and Rice all scored past him?
    I heard on the radio this morning that's he's saved around a third of all the penalties he's faced.  I don't know goalkeeper stats, but I thought that sounded pretty good.
    Made me wonder how we scored all our penalties against him!

But he made a great save from Sesko at the end when Pepe's legs decided to give way.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2045
    Sesko looked like he had bags of potential from the first Slovenia game - Clearly has ability but just didn't use it.

Romania and Turkey have been my favourite teams to watch, but now I've said that...
    Schnozz said:
    Sesko looked like he had bags of potential from the first Slovenia game - Clearly has ability but just didn't use it.

We (Arsenal) were linked with him as an answer for our striker issues but seeing him play at the Euros makes me glad we didn't get him.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7362
    Holland look really positive and easy on the eye in this game at least. Gakpo looks dangerous every time he gets the ball