The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 32237
    tony99 said:
    Someone pointed out if England don't win the final, then by the next world cup the song about 30 years of hurt will be 30 years old!
    It'll be worse if they do win it because the countdown starts all over again.

It'll be "24 hours of hurt" on Monday. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24842
    That deserves more lols than the forum allows.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2957
    I'm almost sad that the first 45 mins were brilliant - I would've loved it if we shithoused our way to the final, stinking the place out :) would've been a hilarious F-U to all the whingers and salty opposition fans.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16551
    Bit of a hide behind the sofa kind of game although the Dutch did their best to take a lot of the tension out in the second half. 
    Definitely times when I think England could break down the field but opted to kick it side to side as if they think they can get points for mid field dominance. It’s very annoying and very England although not quite as much on display last night as sometimes they do. It’s frustrating but they are now in the final so what do I know. 
    ITV have awful pundits. 
    I didn’t see it as a penalty,which means nothing, but the advisory ref that ITV use didn’t think it was either. But such things are games won and lost on. The other two goals were beautifully taken. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5062
    Well done England and best of luck on Sunday..
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15023
    edited July 11 tFB Trader
    Bit of a hide behind the sofa kind of game although the Dutch did their best to take a lot of the tension out in the second half. 
    Definitely times when I think England could break down the field but opted to kick it side to side as if they think they can get points for mid field dominance. It’s very annoying and very England although not quite as much on display last night as sometimes they do. It’s frustrating but they are now in the final so what do I know. 
    ITV have awful pundits. 
    I didn’t see it as a penalty,which means nothing, but the advisory ref that ITV use didn’t think it was either. But such things are games won and lost on. The other two goals were beautifully taken. 
    G Neville is fine (very good actually) and at times R Keane can be okay - When Roy is been a twat he does it on purpose and isn't bothered, so tries to be controversial as/when it suits - Ian Wright is ITV's version of Micah Richards - A pointless comedy pantomime play horse, at best

But Ally McCoist - Get him off and send him back to Scottish football teams etc  - He was okay on Question of Sport but his lines on football are annoying

That was some shot - I'll tell you now that was some shot 
    What a goal - I'll tell you now, that was some goal  
    What a player - I'll tell you now, he was some player etc etc

I'll certainly be watching the BBC version on Sunday night 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16551
    ITV have awful pundits. 
    G Neville is fine (very good actually) and at times R Keane can be okay - When Roy is been a twat he does it on purpose and isn't bothered, so tries to be controversial as/when it suits - Ian Wright is ITV's version of Micah Richards - A pointless comedy pantomime play horse, at best

But Ally McCoist - Get him off and send him back to Scottish football teams etc  - He was okay on Question of Sport but his lines on football are annoying

That was some shot - I'll tell you now that was some shot 
    What a goal - I'll tell you now, that was some goal  
    What a player - I'll tell you now, he was some player etc etc

I'll certainly be watching the BBC version on Sunday night 

Ally just annoying. Lee Dixon has a line in stating the bleeding obvious. When Neville pipes up it's like a brief moment of sanity. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15023
    tFB Trader
    What a dream start for Keir Starmer - Atkinson takes 7 wickets on his debut at Lords -  Southgate takes England to the final - Hamilton beats the Dutch man at Silverstone
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7133
    What a dream start for Keir Starmer - Atkinson takes 7 wickets on his debut at Lords -  Southgate takes England to the final - Hamilton beats the Dutch man at Silverstone
    Perhaps he’ll knight Harry Cane for diving for a dodgy penalty again.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12687
    ITV have awful pundits. 
    The dutch flooded the midfield as they were getting dominated, particularly by Mainoo who was excellent, along with Foden and Saka.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5245
    mrkb said:

Granted, it was never a penalty but Kane's foot followed through from his shot and hit Denzel Dumfries' studs with force. If he was on the floor afterwards it was because he was genuinely in pain. None of the players appealed for it, it was all VAR.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7393
    mrkb said:

Granted, it was never a penalty but Kane's foot followed through from his shot and hit Denzel Dumfries' studs with force. If he was on the floor afterwards it was because he was genuinely in pain. None of the players appealed for it, it was all VAR.
    Tbf if a striker put his boot up like that as a defender was clearing it then it would usually be called a foul so although it was softish I’ve got no complaints.

We looked bloody great in the first half - if we can knit 2 halves like that together against spain with maybe some earlier subs if things aren’t working then we’ve got a chance and that’s the first time I’ve felt like that all tournament!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12897

WTF were ITV thinking?!  A Scot - the old enemy - commenting on a crucial England game?!  And yep, he's a bloody crap pundit to boot.

Can you imagine an Englishman - the auld enemy - commenting on a crucial (unlikely as that might seem :-) ) Scotland  game?!  NO!
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5245
    Tbf if a striker put his boot up like that as a defender was clearing it then it would usually be called a foul so although it was softish I’ve got no complaints.

Not complaining either, that's the game. When the referee decides in your favour you shut up and take the advantage. It's not as if England haven't had enough decisions go against them over the years.

What it wasn't was simulation. Harry Kane went down because kicking another player's studs like that really fucking hurts.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16171
    Offset said:

WTF were ITV thinking?!  A Scot - the old enemy - commenting on a crucial England game?!  And yep, he's a bloody crap pundit to boot.

Can you imagine an Englishman - the auld enemy - commenting on a crucial (unlikely as that might seem :-) ) Scotland  game?!  NO!

One word...toepoke
    tae be or not tae be
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 793
    Having watched most of the Euro football games, obviously Spain are a much better team than England.

England getting to the final is a great achievement, considering their overall poor Euro football performance.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12897
    GuyBoden said:
    Having watched most of the Euro football games, obviously Spain are a much better team than England.

Greece.  2004.  :-)
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1460
    I doubt any English fan will care how crap England have been if they are lifting the trophy this weekend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12150
    edited July 11
    Nobody will care about how they played as long as they win.  Southgate will get knighted and Kane will be an OBE.

• GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 793
    Nobody will care about how they played as long as they win.  Southgate will get knight and Kane will be an OBE.

Kane should be dropped from the final. He looks slow, probably injured.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."