Our values
    • Aim high
    Unless it's a penalty shoot out
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5033
    Uh-oh, the natives are revolting:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cye0148e10go

European leagues and Fifpro suing Fifa over "abuse of dominance"  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2971
    Just looking at new strips (some of them), my they are boring 

bet they still cost a fortune
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1497
    sev112 said:
    Just looking at new strips (some of them), my they are boring 

bet they still cost a fortune
    They do. 

Watched Forest vs Millwall in a pre-season friendly tonight. 

Millwall playing like it’s some kind of cup final. 4 yellow cards, should have had a red and potentially caused an ACL tear to Elliot Anderson. 

Dirty cunts. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24814
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10260
    edited July 24
    We've had a new kit supplier this year, Macron, who in general seem to have an image like the little home made manufacturers from the football league in the 90s but actually have come up with a nice shirt for us. Still not going to buy one as they are expensive and I'd look like a tit wearing one (and Jesus Christ that sponsor), but a nice enough retro shirt vibe without just imitating and existing shirt like Puma kept doing

We've had a new kit supplier this year, Macron, who in general seem to have an image like the little home made manufacturers from the football league in the 90s but actually have come up with a nice shirt for us. Still not going to buy one as they are expensive and I'd look like a tit wearing one (and Jesus Christ that sponsor), but a nice enough retro shirt vibe without just imitating and existing shirt like Puma kept doing

I miss macron. Forest are with Adidas now and although they actually put some effort into the home shirt this year, they can be lazy with their designs and use templates for multiple teams. 
    (They’ve done well with that Villa kit though, I must say)

Macron’s designs were always unique, bespoke and most of the time, banging. 

The 3 shirts from our promotion season are among my favourite Forest shirts ever. 

The sizing is a bit off kilter because designed for tiny Italians, so you have to size up at least one or sometimes two sizes. But other than that, they’re aces 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15289
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:

I miss macron. Forest are with Adidas now and although they actually put some effort into the home shirt this year, they can be lazy with their designs and use templates for multiple teams. 

The 3 shirts from our promotion season are among my favourite Forest shirts ever. 

The sizing is a bit off kilter because designed for tiny Italians, so you have to size up at least one or sometimes two sizes. But other than that, they’re aces 
    Our 3rd kit last year was awful - Kind of a poor peach melba meets some kind of Angel Delight - Can't recall now, but was it your 3rd kit on the EFL promotion year that was 'loud' to say the least - Some kind of Columbian goal keeper attire - And I think I heard someone say you never lost a game when wearing it 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12705
    Think there’s a few QPR fans here? I think we might actually do all right this season. They definitely looked good in most of the preseason games, although that’s not always a great indicator. Frey looked slimmed down, much fitter and put a few in the net, hopefully he’ll do the same in the league. 

Signings so far look promising, especially Nardi, and most of the sell-offs won’t be missed. Willock was good if he felt in the mood, but that only happened 3 or 4 games a season. I think Chair will miss him more than anyone else. Not sure whether Armstrong should’ve been let go or not… he had lots of potential I think but  should’ve scored more. Better to get some money for him though if he wasn’t committed to staying. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2971
    Philly_Q said:
    Good to see Villa trying to be West Ham in 1982, obviously a retro thing 

oh you mean it’s supposed to be modern ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 24
    joneve said:

Our 3rd kit last year was awful - Kind of a poor peach melba meets some kind of Angel Delight - Can't recall now, but was it your 3rd kit on the EFL promotion year that was 'loud' to say the least - Some kind of Columbian goal keeper attire - And I think I heard someone say you never lost a game when wearing it 
    This bad boy 

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10260
    I did a little sick in my mouth when I opened that link
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I did a little sick in my mouth when I opened that link
    Haha! It’s one of my favourite shirts. Only lost once wearing it (away at Cardiff, where there was some dodgy officiating), to the point it (as 3rd kit) replaced our away kit for pretty much the whole season
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24814
    sev112 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Good to see Villa trying to be West Ham in 1982, obviously a retro thing 

oh you mean it’s supposed to be modern ;)
    I only posted it because Ozzy Osbourne and Geezer Butler are in the video!

To be honest, I couldn't tell any given Aston Villa, West Ham or Burnley kits apart were it not for the club badges.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20307
    Thought this sad tale best belonged here. Poor daft young shite...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0kr2zv207ko
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28271
    TTony said:

See Spence is on his way - Looked potential at Leeds on the pitch but apparently a knob head of it 
    I've heard similar.  Apparently another of those players with the skill, but not the attitude.

I'd not be surprised to see 6-10 players leaving Spurs' squad this window.

Well, OK, I'd not be surprised to see 5-9 players leave, but I'd be absolutely amazed if there's anyone daft enough to take Ndombelazygit.  

[edit]
    Spence
    Rodon
    Reguilon
    Dier (who, I believe is technically "on loan" at BM, but they've triggered the buy clause)
    Tanganga
    One of the reserve goalies
    Sessegnon (if anyone else has got such a comfortable treatment room)
    Gil
    Emerson Royal
    Solomon
    Hojbjerg

That's actually 11.  And almost every position covered!

And Ndombelazygit.
    Thought I'd revisit this post from pre-Euros re Spurs' transfer window ...

Spence - seems to have had a transformation.  Has played really well in all pre-season to date and is - allegedly - a changed man off the pitch too.  Now hoping he stays and plays.
    Rodon - managed to palm him off on some Championship team.
    Reguilon - he seems to be trying to talk up his chances of a return to ManU.
    Dier - gone to Bayern Munich permanently.
    Tanganga - now signed for Millwall (on a free) permanently following loan last season.
    Sessegnon - released, and then stayed fit long enough to pass a medical at Fulham.
    Gil - confirmed that he's not staying, just waiting for someone pay the necessary 50p.
    Royal - AC Milan supposedly want him, but are arguing over the price, he'll be gone soon (potentially replaced by Spence).
    Solomon - has got some played some pre-season minutes without getting injured again, still not sure about him.
    Hojbjerg - gone to Marseille.

And, saving the best til last
    Ndombelazygit - contract cancelled, shredded, and then burnt.  Yay ...

TBH, I'm not too bothered about incomings as we've a lot - LOT - of talent coming through from the U21s who need a chance in the first team.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31487
    Had an incredible time working at the Olympic Sevens....

Anyway- I'll put this here as well as rugby thread- 

I went out for a quick cig from the media, press and team area and met none other than the great Antoine Greizemann who also, apparently, like a cheeky cig....lovely guy, big mates with Dupont and loves his rugby- had a 10 min chat.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1154
    First Arsenal signing of the summer, that Calafiori guy who played for Italy at the Euros. Pleased we are strengthening our backline as LB was a weak part last season. Zinchenko isn't a natural one and hopefully with Calafiori and Timber covering that department Zinchenko can move to midfield which is where he should be playing.

As one player comes in I've seen Fulham have agreed a deal for £27m to sign Emile Smith Rowe so it looks like he's off sadly. I wanted to see him stay and come back in the team but I don't think he'll get a game unless there's major injuries across the frontline. At 23 though he needs to play regularly so if he does go then good luck to him.
    edited August 1 tFB Trader
    Man City - At long last the PL have got ultra tough with them and managed to get in an appropriate fine - £2 million fine - That will hurt and teach them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c51ynrngl71o
    tFB Trader
    @TeleMaster - Looks like it is a done deal for Summerville

Here is my bet/forecast - Providing he plays enough games, that Summerville will score more goals and create more assists than Saka 

He can be very direct from open play - But in tight spaces he has genuine dribbling skills to go past his man - And a great finish on him when cutting back on to his right foot - More placement than power

You've got a good kid coming your way - I'll keep my out on him