The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2481
    Coventry fan here. I hope we can string enough together to pull a surprise. Man U fans. You know we beat you!  

Anyway. WHEN are Man City going to court for their financial naughtiness? Way way overdue.  Very soon I hope. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10260
    rze99 said:
    Coventry fan here. I hope we can string enough together to pull a surprise. Man U fans. You know we beat you!  

Anyway. WHEN are Man City going to court for their financial naughtiness? Way way overdue.  Very soon I hope. 
    Hope Brandon Thomas Asante does well for you guys, he got a fair bit of stick from our rubbish fans so I really hope he tears it all up for you lot just to prove them wrong
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15289
    tFB Trader
    rze99 said:

The hearing has been moved to Sept - I just hope the PL have a good team of lawyers/advisors etc as you know Man City will have paid for the best - Is there enough clear evidence to press through such charges and find a guilty verdict - It will be incredibly complex, in a similar way to tax evasion and hiding assets/income thru' multiple off shore accounts  

It does, in simple terms, boil down to how the books have been 'cooked' and what inflated sponsorship deals have been correctly accounted for - Especially as such sponsorship deals are from the owners other companies - Etihad etc 

There case is far more complex than that of Everton and Forest - The PL need to get this right as they probably won't get a 2nd chance 
    tFB Trader
    @thecolourbox - just over 15 hours to go - Who knows how this will pan out and what team we'll put out, coupled with a good game plan 
    edited August 16
    @thecolourbox - just over 15 hours to go - Who knows how this will pan out and what team we'll put out, coupled with a good game plan 
    I'll predict 0-2 to you, I don't think our team of free transfer mercenaries will be able to play well twice in a row, and  you've had some bad results so are due a good one
    tFB Trader
    I'll predict 0-2 to you, I don't think our team of free transfer mercenaries will be able to play well twice in a row, and  you've had some bad results so are due a good one
    Well, for obvious reasons I can't wish you all the best - But I hope you have a good season 
    edited August 16
    Well, for obvious reasons I can't wish you all the best - But I hope you have a good season 
    I'll be happy if we stay in the league in honesty, we've not got any strength outside the first 11 (we lost to Fleetwood the other day) and since we've had Corberan we've always had loads of persistent long term injuries so I feel like it will be a very long winter period.

I think Leeds will be challenging for automatic again so good luck to you
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1154
    Roll on new season, but unless we sign a goalscoring striker we will have to settle for 2nd again this season. Havertz and Jesus won't score enough goals to win the title. Fulham officially my 2nd team as I am support ESR.
    tFB Trader
    Man U v Fulham - Not a great game - Man U sneaked a win, yet with better finishing could have won 3 or 4 nil - Fulham had a few chances, mainly on the break, but not ruthless when required 

One question - How much does Ten Hag earn to make a decision like starting with Mount over Garnacho - Few would agree with his thought process on that one
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4878
    edited August 17
    Man U v Fulham - Not a great game - Man U sneaked a win, yet with better finishing could have won 3 or 4 nil - Fulham had a few chances, mainly on the break, but not ruthless when required 

One question - How much does Ten Hag earn to make a decision like starting with Mount over Garnacho - Few would agree with his thought process on that one
    Mount is pretty effective in the press and high energy so I would imagine ETH likes him for that reason.  He needs to show more beyond that but he at least puts a shift in.

Garnacho is great, but he’s a winger so arguably could have started instead of Rashford.

Suppose he could have put Rashford up front and put Bruno at number 10 and dropped Mount for Garnacho, I did think that when the game started.

I think he was just playing it safe, he can’t afford to lose many early on as there will be instant pressure, we got beat in the safe fixture last year (one Garnacho played in and Mount didn’t), so likely just wanted to pack the midfield out.

Main thing for me, we looked solid in defence and have enough depth now to deal with injuries in that area, so we should be better than last season.  
    tFB Trader
    And by some distance I'd have given Casemiro MOTM
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1801
    C'mon Cherries! 
    @joneve ; - you're favourites today but I can see us taking the first game ;)
    tFB Trader
    C'mon Cherries! 
    @joneve ; - you're favourites today but I can see us taking the first game ;)
    And how are my 2 favourite over paid crocks at Bournemouth - Adams and Sinisterra
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1801
    Adams injured ;-)
    Sinisterra has to start well to earn Andoni's trust. I like him but very inconsistent. 
    tFB Trader
    Adams injured ;-)
    Sinisterra has to start well to earn Andoni's trust. I like him but very inconsistent. 
    Adams is in danger of missing his World Cup in his own back yard

Agree with your comment about Sinisterra - He never nailed down a full time place with Leeds - Partly due to injury and partly due to such inconsistencies - He was more off than on 
    edited August 17 tFB Trader
    I'll be happy if we stay in the league in honesty, we've not got any strength outside the first 11 (we lost to Fleetwood the other day) and since we've had Corberan we've always had loads of persistent long term injuries so I feel like it will be a very long winter period.

Based on that performance, looked like 2 teams who will just about make the top 7/8 - Dull as dish water - Our front 4 looked as effective as a bunch of jockeys in a basket ball match
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1154
    Got 2 capable LB's on the bench yet Arteta persists in playing Zinchenko there! That left side has bee a weakness from last season.
    edited August 17

Based on that performance, looked like 2 teams who will just about make the top 7/8 - Dull as dish water - Our front 4 looked as effective as a bunch of jockeys in a basket ball match
    two fairly similar and well matched teams on the day I think. I was surprised how little you created really but i think just both teams cancelled each other out. Leeds seemed quite content to just not lose again

Quite why we were playing our brilliant young right winger on the left, and our "left sided attacker who cuts in on his right" on the right wing was something of a mystery, Corberan does some odd things sometimes. But if we play like that against lesser teams than Leeds we should be ok i reckon
  • DonnyMacDonnyMac Frets: 56
    Got 2 capable LB's on the bench yet Arteta persists in playing Zinchenko there! That left side has bee a weakness from last season.
    One has just come back from injury, the other's just joined. What exactly did Zinchenko do wrong? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    DonnyMac said:
    . What exactly did Zinchenko do wrong? 
    Turn up ?