The Football Thread.

What's Hot
1383384385386387389»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28271

How do people rate their transfer windows?

Best window in a long time.  Ndombelazygit has gone.

Oh, and some players came in.  Yet to be persuaded by Solanke, but the rest are looking good.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10260
    edited August 30
    i know from experience not to let mild optimism fester, but actually West Broms window hasn't been too bad and had a couple of good results.

Main thing is for us to keep hold of Tom Fellows for a little while longer at least - offers have come in at £10m which the previous ownership would have accepted (they would have taken £4m and a kit kat to be honest) but our new owner has rejected and quite rightly to. When i see some of the other championship players who have left for a big fee, i don't see why Fellows shouldn't also command that. 

We've signed a potential gem at the back in a chap named Heggem, looks very good on the ball despite being a big bloke. We've signed Mikey Johnston from Celtic who was on loan last year, a fun player to watch, a bit of a one trick pony but it's a hell of a trick. A couple of other non remarkable signings from Barnsley, and an absolute donkey from the Villa (Dobbin)
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1154
    Ramsdale sold to Southampton for £25m. A bit too cheap but he was never going to get back into the team after Raya's arrival. Good luck to him. Nketiah looks like he's being sold too but my main worry is no sign of a striker coming in.

Been reading reports on Sterling but he's not a no.9.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2971
    West Ham have had a good window with all the signings done quickly but I haven't seen enough of them to know who is good. Except Kilman who is obviously very good. 
    2 wins out of three against Premier League teams even though we’ve not been great in any of them , ok we were alright second half against Palace,  and phases of quite goodness,  coupled with rather easy for opponents to pass through our defence but luckily opposing attackers not being able to hit the proverbial barn door

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15289
    tFB Trader
    sev112 said:
    West Ham have had a good window with all the signings done quickly but I haven't seen enough of them to know who is good. Except Kilman who is obviously very good. 
    2 wins out of three against Premier League teams even though we’ve not been great in any of them , ok we were alright second half against Palace,  and phases of quite goodness,  coupled with rather easy for opponents to pass through our defence but luckily opposing attackers not being able to hit the proverbial barn door

I watched the cup game v B'Mouth to see how Summerville would be getting on - Looked very low key and not what I was expecting from him 
    I thought he looked quite good but no final edge or touch, that could be good because he picks it up at PL pace, or not if he doesn’t.  

Would quite like to get the ball to Fullchampagne bloke though
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1801
    As a Bournemouth fan I'm delighted that we've signed Kepa. 
    Neto in goal was driving me crazy, his shaky one-fisted punches were giving me panic attacks on weekly basis...
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4878

Arsenal fan on our group thought it was hilarious Man U were being linked with Sterling, only to find Arsenal sign him at the 11th hour.

I actually think he’ll do well for Arsenal, a better fit than he would have been at Man U.  
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28271
    I was feeling a little anxious as Chelsea didn't seem to have managed to bring many in.

So, relieved that they got Sancho in at the last minute.

I hear that he's been given squad number 129?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7257
    TTony said:
    I was feeling a little anxious as Chelsea didn't seem to have managed to bring many in.

Was he signed just after they got Jermaine Jenas on a free from The One Show ?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1154
    Didn't see the Sterling signing coming. Bit of a surprise that one. But he's worked with Arteta before and can cover for Saka seeing as we've loaned out Nelson to Fulham. I swear they're getting all our players and ex ones too (Leno, Iwobi, ESR, etc).

As for the game earlier, really disappointing to drop points. Havertz goal was classy. Rice red card a funny on. Veltman kicked out and Rice was facing the other way so hardly an obvious kick-away.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11589
    TTony said:

I think Chelsea's recruitment department is sponsored by Hoover.

I'm just waiting for the moment when they accidentally buy one of their existing players.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12237
    Got rid of Sterling and brought in Sancho.

One out of flavour fringe winger out and brought in another just the same in.  Both right footed, both similar profile, both haven't shown their best form in a few years.  (I don't call Sancho doing well in a couple of CL matches being back to his best like the time when he played with Haaland).

And Everton...winning at 87min 2-0 and managed to lose 3-2!
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1801
    C'mon Cherries! 

Fantastic subs by Andoni, great win. Played mediocre for 85mins and managed to come back with win. Happened before.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13248
    I find it increasingly hard to give a shit about English football - just a nonstop merry-go-round of Emperor's New Clothes hype and billionaire's playthings - but Everton providing endless point and laugh material is most welcome. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10541
    Fucking Haaland. What a beast he is. 
    Fucking Haaland. What a beast he is. 
    West Ham did 2 better than I predicted.  Mrs sev112 said sorry to me, but I don’t think she means it