The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28271
    Not a great start for the ammers.

Moyes OUT!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24814
    I hadn't realised until this evening that Robbie Savage has moved from director of football to manager at Macclesfield FC.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2971
    I thought West Ham were very good, certainly in the second half, I was not unhappy with thatbloss
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15289
    tFB Trader
    Come on Spurs - In the words of John and Paul I'd love to see Leicester get back to where they once belonged

Hope to see my mate Archie playing tonight - TBH I'm not sure where you'll play him and what his best position is - I know he is not a 'Lampard' style attacking midfield player who scores a good hat full of goals - I suspect he is more of a 'Kroos' or if in a back 3 he'd play the 'Beckenbauer' sweeper role - So I'm keeping an eye out for him
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11589
    edited August 19
    The season proper starts tonight, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ange fits everybody in.

The weekend was a bit like being the only kid in the class not invited to someone's birthday party.

I reckon we'll get 4th, a domestic cup semi-final and I have a feeling that we might do rather well in the Eurinal League.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7257
    edited August 19
    scrumhalf said:
    The season proper starts tonight, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ange fits everybody in.

The weekend was a bit like being the only kid in the class not invited to someone's birthday party.

I reckon we'll get 4th, a domestic cup semi-final and I have a feeling that we might do rather well in the Eurinal League.
    You should be champions as you play at the toilet bowl stadium!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    temp1.JPG 74.9K
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 20 tFB Trader
    Well how to waste 2 points - Spurs - Playing in a comfort zone then let some old git have a free header 

Talk about sensationalism on the BBC and how Reg Vardy outshone Solanki - Reg did one thing all night (okay 2 as he had a half chance a touch later) - Other than that he would not have got his kit sweaty 
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1745
    Well how to waste 2 points - Spurs - Playing in a comfort zone then let some old git have a free header 

Talk about sensationalism on the BBC and how Reg Vardy outshone Solanki - Reg did one thing all night (okay 2 as he had a half chance a touch later) - Other than that he would not have got his kit sweaty 

Signs of promise but Angeball leaves us wide open and then we defend like headless chickens..  you have to outscore your opponent to win games.. you have to take your chances..  we didn't really have that many clear cut ones; Dom should have scored early on with a header, maybe Richarlison should have at the end.....   Son is lacking confidence to beat his man...  Madders look decent...  hope Porro and Bentacur are OK...  young lads looked OK when coming on... but overall I'm miserable at the 2 points dropped, especially when other teams look more accomplished, even Man Utd!!

Must do better!!

Well done Leicester...

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

tFB Trader

Signs of promise but Angeball leaves us wide open and then we defend like headless chickens..  you have to outscore your opponent to win games.. you have to take your chances..  we didn't really have that many clear cut ones; Dom should have scored early on with a header, maybe Richarlison should have at the end.....   Son is lacking confidence to beat his man...  Madders look decent...  hope Porro and Bentacur are OK...  young lads looked OK when coming on... but overall I'm miserable at the 2 points dropped, especially when other teams look more accomplished, even Man Utd!!

Must do better!!

Well done Leicester...

Good to see Archie get 20 mins and played where I expected - In front of the back 4 in a kind of 'Kroos' role - In due course he will start to be able to knit the team together from a deep position with both short and tidy + long raking passes - He is not a Roy Keane 'destroyer' midfield player, but he can tackle but tends to read the game more and therefore keeps his tackles cleaner  
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1745

Must do better!!

Well done Leicester...

Good to see Archie get 20 mins and played where I expected - In front of the back 4 in a kind of 'Kroos' role - In due course he will start to be able to knit the team together from a deep position with both short and tidy + long raking passes - He is not a Roy Keane 'destroyer' midfield player, but he can tackle but tends to read the game more and therefore keeps his tackles cleaner  

Seems to be an upgrade on Hojberg.. and whilst Sarr is full of running he often lacks purpose... and now Bentancur will like miss the next game hopefully Archie is given the nod ahead of the clown that is Bissouma
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1801
    What a goal by Brighton! 

Dagger in 95th, heartbreaking!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    What a goal by Brighton! 

and the most unusual var offside
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1728
    What a goal by Brighton! 

My sentiments exactly. Well done brighton, good tactics to leave until last minute and really turn the screw on the scale of the loss for manure. 

I usually do a rant on my team, newcastle.. and a prediction this time of year, which has been accurate for last 2 seasons pretty much spot on if i say so myself.  So.. heres another spectacularly accurate one for may 2025..

We (NUFC) have a problem this season and its not the quality of players,  so i think we only do 8th-10th, deffo not europe.

Its all the speculation around various important people in the club since Amanda stavely buggered off recently. Coupled with the euphoria , especially in the season before last, chucking in stellar exciting attacking performances and turning relegation into champs league... The honeymoon period post mike ashely / relegation battles is clearly over.  With england job possibly looming for howe, a different howe since stavely left, trippier wanting first team football so interested in a transfer.... People after isak, gordon, guimares etc.

This whole mix means the nufc project is uncommitted/fractured/uncertain where it matters. That can do, no pressure mentality was seen in spades since howe arrived in relegation zone pretty much with players, manager, big bucks owners all committed in the same exciting direction. Thats all gone and its hard to become naturally motivated with all that going on.

I think it could go worse if any of the following go or get injured... Guimares, gordon, nick pope, tonali, isak.. who are all world class players an the spine of the team.

Prediction for top 10
    1) Arse
    2) City
    3) Liverpool
    4) Spurs
    5) Man U
    6) Villa
    7) Brighton
    8) Chelsea
    9) Newcastle
    10) Leicester

Place you bets please gentleman, thank me may 2025.:)
    Dont worry, be silly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12767
    So if Pompey draw every game all season will we stay up?
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1154
    Just seen the Villa game highlights. They should have been at least 2 goals up before we scored, what a save from Raya from the Watkins rebound. He's really improved since last season. 
    Trossard needs to start in place of Martinelli. I love Gab but he's dropped off in recent season. Trossard is so clinical when finishing. To think we snared him for £21m in stead of Mudryk is a bargain.

Also great to see Smith Rowe scoring today, I'll still follow him even though he doesn't play for us anymore. He deserves regular playing time and its nice to see him getting this at Fulham.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    Good win today, even without Berge or Andersen. We've made some really good signings this summer, and it looks like we're going to add one more attacker. I'd say we've had the better of the transfer window, along with West Ham.

And also, nice to know we've progressed from being Mitrovic FC to Smith-Rowe FC :)
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1801
    Newcastle away kit - early candidate to the ugliest one? Those collars are a disaster:/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4479
    How the fuck did Jamie O’Hara become a pundit?! 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4878

How do people rate their transfer windows?

I’m quite happy as a Man U fan, for outgoings as much as incomings, although still some more to move on.
    We’ve spent a lot and it’s going to take a bit of time to integrate the players, but I’m hoping the imminent Ugarte deal plugs the hole and weakness we have had for some years at DM.

Not sure where we’ll finish, probably just outside the top 4.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10541
    West Ham have had a good window with all the signings done quickly but I haven't seen enough of them to know who is good. Except Kilman who is obviously very good.