The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15025
    tFB Trader
    Never saw that coming 

bad news as Sunday looks like it will be a long plus expensive session in the pub 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5103
    edited July 10
    Great goal from Olly, the Dutch switched tactics to stifle us and it worked so it wasn't all us playing worse. Didn't think we'd deserved to lose, the Dutch weren't any better so I'll take it all day. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MaxA867MaxA867 Frets: 66
    Get on lads. Well played Ollie Watkins, best thing to ever come from Newton Abbot. Question is, how do I get out of the Sunday night rehearsal that our drummer has kindly booked? 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12687
    Eddie Van Halen, William of Orange, Ronald dirty fuckimg cheat koeman, your boys took one hell of a beating!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7849
    TJT1979 said:
    Yep. Eng were good in the first half then just sat back and went static again.

Spain will destroy us unless we play 90 mins of positive football. 

Still, they've exceeded expectations. 
    Disagree, the Dutch changed tactics and personal to make it very hard...

I think the quality difference at international level is now very even, almost all teams are full of Premier league level players.

I think this is why it has become quite dull.. they just know how to cancel each other out.

Was a good first 45 and a stunner of a winner
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2438
    MaxA867 said:
    Get on lads. Well played Ollie Watkins, best thing to ever come from Newton Abbot. Question is, how do I get out of the Sunday night rehearsal that our drummer has kindly booked? 
    Worse for me I’ll be on a non changeable international flight booked months ago. Shisse….
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1130
    5 mins with a fit forward just shows you what england could have been enjoying throughout the tournament.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7849
    Should also mention 3 euro finals I a row for English football... not bad eh?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MaxA867MaxA867 Frets: 66
    rze99 said:
    MaxA867 said:
    Worse for me I’ll be on a non changeable international flight booked months ago. Shisse….
    On-board wifi and smiling at the attendants to keep topping up your beer it is then! 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2080
    TJT1979 said:

Spain will destroy us not matter what, but really pleased to knock out the Dutch.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15986
    this is a fantastic result for me. I don't care about football at all, but I have that day off. At the station I've offered to shift swap with whoever is on duty that evening and so far there's a nice little bidding war going on. I'm 2 bottles of scotch up so far, and the night is yet young!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12687
    Schnozz said:
    TJT1979 said:

Spain will destroy us not matter what, but really pleased to knock out the Dutch.
    I think France had plenty of chances and we could punish Spain. It’ will be hard but we have a decent chance. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5103
    Should also mention 3 euro finals I a row for English football... not bad eh?
    Exactly, that's way better than anything achieved under supposedly better managers, and I would have took that at the start of his reign. Yes it's painful to watch at times, but then it was in 90 and 96 too. 

I'm not going to make predictions but I don't think Spain will walk it either. They're in the final, and have a chance, it's actually a great achievement regardless of how we got there.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2438
    MaxA867 said:
    rze99 said:
    MaxA867 said:
    On-board wifi and smiling at the attendants to keep topping up your beer it is then! 

Nice idea. Bucket class.  Anything could happen 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24842
    There's more chance of me buying a car this weekend than there is of England beating Spain.  I predict 3-0 to Spain.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2897
    We were watching in a bar on Rai1 (Italy) whikst most others wee watching a different screen on German Tv 2 seconds behind us!  That was fun

when Kane shot over and got kicked, I said to my wife they’ve been giving fouls for this all tournament, and then it went to VAR. so it was extremely consistent to give the penalty.  Even though he had shot over the bar before he was kicked 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10436
    Amazing finish to that game. Bring on the Spanish! 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5228
    MaxA867 said:
    Yep,
    He went to my Daughter’s School….local lad done well.  :3
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7302
    Someone pointed out if England don't win the final, then by the next world cup the song about 30 years of hurt will be 30 years old!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15025
    tFB Trader
    Far better performance last night v Holland - Especially the first half - Granted a gift of a penalty help us get back in the game - No way was that a penalty - Foden had a good first half - Second half a touch flat with little action from either side yet we didn't look troubled by and large 

Gakpo went back to LFC form - They kept him quite all match and he had been a main outlet for their attack this tournament along with Depay - Surprised they took him off