Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4642
    What we need for us oldies is Star Wars meets game of thrones. Gore, tits and politics in space.
    GoT was essentially and adult version of LotR

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    What we need for us oldies is Star Wars meets game of thrones. Gore, tits and politics in space.
    I'd be happy without the gore and politics to be honest...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2641
    Gore, tits and politics in space.

A Flesh Gordon for the 21st Century. You might be on to something. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    I found the young Leia an annoyance, maybe I'm supposed to :/
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2399

The Andor series will certainly hit the politics beats, by the sound of it.
    Tim
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited May 2022
    I like the setting at the height of the Empire, pre rebellion, where there is little hope and their grip tightens all the time... and then Kenobi finds out Vader didn't die!

I'm assuming we will get a Liam Neeson cameo at some point.

Sounds like it's actually more to do with star-wars, most of the mando could have been anywhere really?
    I'd argue that the Mandalorian looked and felt far more like Star Wars than Kenobi has so far. 

Star Wars was always a western in space. Mando just cranked it up a notch. 

What I mean though is it could have been any hero on any planet saving a village from a big beasty. It didn't really have much to do with the starwars story. I think there was some stuff but tbh I can't remember much about it. 
    Obviously they made a big thing out of "baby Yoda".
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822

I've said this before too. They could make something really cool. I think they are missing a trick. Maybe get into the dark side, the Emperor or something. 
    Doesn't need to be really gory or lots of swearing or nudity, just some more complex ideas.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    DesVegas said:
    My 7 year old said it was boring.. I tend to agree.  Nice to see Zucckus though. Pew pew
    Presumably that’s a Kenner reference but, *4-LOM. :lol: 

Also, *Zuckuss :mrgreen: 
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    DesVegas said:
    My 7 year old said it was boring.. I tend to agree.  Nice to see Zucckus though. Pew pew
    Presumably that’s a Kenner reference but, *4-LOM. :lol: 

Also, *Zuckuss :mrgreen: 

1-JAC

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3020
    edited June 2022
    Until storm Troopers can actually come close to hitting what they're aiming at, never mind hitting their intended target.  I'm taking everything tar Wars with a tonne of salt, never mind a pinch.  How many movies and series have they had now to work on their aiming, it's they don't even care enough to get in any range time.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Until storm Troopers can actually come close to hitting what they're aiming at, never mind hitting their intended target.  I'm taking everything tar Wars with a tonne of salt, never mind a pinch.  How many movies and series have they had now to work on their aiming, it's they don't even care enough to get in any range time.
    The actual on-screen joke they did about that in Mandalorian was brilliant.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1497
    The West Wing but in the Star Wars Universe
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26620
    edited June 2022
    Although...there is actually canon to explain it. The clones had that kind of accuracy, but when they ran out of clones and started drafting people into the infantry they just grabbed anyone they could, and quality dropped.

As retcons go, it's actually one of the more believable ones.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Although...there is actually canon to explain it. The clones had that kind of accuracy, but when they ran out of clones and started drafting people into the infantry they just grabbed anyone they could, and quality dropped.

And I can vouch first hand that visibility is crap in a Stormtrooper helmet

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2022

Is it a proper Sherpperton one that's been made from the original molds, or is that one of the new and improved ones that have had the lenses and their positioning altered for better vision?

Seriously??  I'm going to have to look into this, and perhaps watch all the movies and series properly.

Is it a proper Sherpperton one that's been made from the original molds, or is that one of the new and improved ones that have had the lenses and their positioning altered for better vision?

There are various 501st approved mould suppliers, this was Authentic Props.. screen accurate. I am TK6759.

There is a bit of controversy around the Shepperton stuff to say the least..
    My trading feedback

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15505

you see, this is typical of the penny pinching attitudes of governments all round the galaxy, expecting young soldiers to go into battle with substandard kit and inadequate support or training. They only fix the problem after a bunch of young grunts have died. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

There are various 501st approved mould suppliers, this was Authentic Props.. screen accurate. I am TK6759.

There is a bit of controversy around the Shepperton stuff to say the least..

A hell of a lot of controversy to say the least, thankfully they're not beard friendly, so I don't have my own tomatch the women I'm seeing one she has.
  • Episode 3 review.

Better than sex.

Much, much better.

I love Star Wars.

The end.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom