Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    2 questions

what are stormtroopers helmets for ?

I didnot recall anakin / DV losing his arms (probably my memory).
    as his arms are now metal, why does he hold out his arms and hand to lift people up with the force.  I can’t imagine that the force flows through some steel and aluminium compounds ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10237
    sev112 said:
    2 questions

as his arms are now metal, why does he hold out his arms and hand to lift people up with the force.  I can’t imagine that the force flows through some steel and aluminium compounds ?
    We can easily overthink this stuff. :lol: 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26623
    sev112 said:
    2 questions

Yeah, he lost one arm and both legs.

But...theatrics, man. He was always a bit of a drama queen.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    It’s red wine thinking on my part :)

good episode tonight I thought
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15506
    OK, so watched it and yes, very good. However, I have questions.

1st, and this is a slightly lesser point, but in New Hope when Vader fights the space hippy he says "when I left you I was the learner" etc, did he kind of forget kicking Kenobi's ass like what we just saw?

Secondly, if they knew there was a connection between Leia and Kenobi, why did they not just keep her locked up and draw him out? It's not like the rule of law is high on the Empires list of priorities. And that's somehow assuming that Vader didn't know Leia was his daughter, but somehow did know Luck was his son.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

sev112 said:
    2 questions

I sometimes wonder if they're more about instilling fear rather than any practical purpose. Bit like Star Destroyers; big, expensive and unwieldy but great for scaring a planet or system into subservience. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7429
    VimFuego said:

1st, and this is a slightly lesser point, but in New Hope when Vader fights the space hippy he says "when I left you I was the learner" etc, did he kind of forget kicking Kenobi's ass like what we just saw?

Secondly, if they knew there was a connection between Leia and Kenobi, why did they not just keep her locked up and draw him out? It's not like the rule of law is high on the Empires list of priorities. And that's somehow assuming that Vader didn't know Leia was his daughter, but somehow did know Luck was his son.
    Original trilogy (ROTJ fight scene) is explicit on the fact that Vader doesn't know of Leia u til he senses Lukes thoughts about her 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    VimFuego said:

Original trilogy (ROTJ fight scene) is explicit on the fact that Vader doesn't know of Leia u til he senses Lukes thoughts about her 
    But he does know Luke is, but that's just an aside. Still don't know why Vader didn't just keep using Leia as bait for Kenobi. 

So does Anakin not know that his child(ren) survived Palme dying ?
    VimFuego said:
    TimmyO said:
    VimFuego said:

But he does know Luke is, but that's just an aside. Still don't know why Vader didn't just keep using Leia as bait for Kenobi. 

When?
    Red ones are better. 

sev112 said:
    No 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    VimFuego said:
    TimmyO said:
    VimFuego said:

When?
    well, anytime before New Hope. I mean, clearly at some point he knew that using Leia would draw out Kenobi, it worked, so why did he stop? 

TimmyO said:

sev112 said:
    No 
    so how does he know Luke is his son if he doesn't know he has a son?

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    On the topic of both Anakins arms being missing.

I think this is a nod to the old expanded universe.

The emperor had taken his other arm as punishment for something or other in that canon.

I believe it was mentioned in the original Timothy Zahn novels
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3479
    edited June 2022
    Vader discovers that Luke is his son through Boba Fett. This is in the recent Marvel Star Wars and Darth Vader comics which are canon. There's also a (very cool) plot thread that shows Palpatine tear Vader to pieces, drop him off on Mustafar and force him to rebuild himself without using the force. Not sure if that's where the other arm went missing but it's a great read regardless.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    VimFuego said:
    TimmyO said:

sev112 said:
    No 
    so how does he know Luke is his son if he doesn't know he has a son?
    And similarly, how does Vader know who Leia is and her apparent link to OWK ?

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Until storm Troopers can actually come close to hitting what they're aiming at, never mind hitting their intended target.  I'm taking everything tar Wars with a tonne of salt, never mind a pinch.  How many movies and series have they had now to work on their aiming, it's they don't even care enough to get in any range time.

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    Am I right in thinking that all of Darth's lines were comped from the earlier movies, so it is actually still James Earl Jones' voice?
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    And while we're all talking of teh ancient art of limb lopping.... Why don't they just stick the victims in Boba Fetts grow tank to fix them up nicely?
  • Am I right in thinking that all of Darth's lines were comped from the earlier movies, so it is actually still James Earl Jones' voice?
    I believe JEJ did the voice for the series, its not a rehash.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'