Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112 said:
    VimFuego said:
    TimmyO said:

sev112 said:
    So does Anakin not know that his child(ren) survived Palme dying ?
    No 
    so how does he know Luke is his son if he doesn't know he has a son?
    And similarly, how does Vader know who Leia is and her apparent link to OWK ?

Leia is adopted daughter of Bail Organa, troublesome senator, rebel and old friend of Obi-Wan.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10385
    It was the Third Sister who ordered the kidnapping on Leia because she knew of Obi Wans connection to Organa, not because she thought there was any relation to anyone in any way. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15785
    And another thing, in New Hope the message she puts into R2 says "years ago you helped my father in the clone wars", surely she didn't forget about him rescuing her when she was 10 years old?!?
    So we've got vader and Leia "forgetting" about this whole incident, there's more to this than we're being told, someone is hiding something!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27071
    VimFuego said:
    And another thing, in New Hope the message she puts into R2 says "years ago you helped my father in the clone wars", surely she didn't forget about him rescuing her when she was 10 years old?!?
    So we've got vader and Leia "forgetting" about this whole incident, there's more to this than we're being told, someone is hiding something!!!
    Multiverse!

The only way they'd be able to get around it is with a retcon. I don't think they need to, though; there's so much goodwill present in the fanbase for this that they can just ask people to accept that they're working within some massive constraints, and some of them need to be bent/broken to be able to tell a good story that's still relevant to the main characters.

I can live with that.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    Multiverse!

The only way they'd be able to get around it is with a retcon. I don't think they need to, though; there's so much goodwill present in the fanbase for this that they can just ask people to accept that they're working within some massive constraints, and some of them need to be bent/broken to be able to tell a good story that's still relevant to the main characters.

I can live with that.
    yeah, I know, I just luv messing with fan boys. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I figured Leia sent a professional message from a diplomat to a retired general in case it was intercepted rather than a 'Hey Ben, remember me?'.

I'm taking this far too seriously :)
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    Multiverse!

I can live with that.

She knows him as Ben and has not been exposed to the name Obi-Wan yet as far as I've seen. Neither does she know he lives on Tatooine.

And finally, she never really sees him in a New hope.

She vaguely sees an old fella Fighting Vader across a very lasery hanger
    I figured Leia sent a professional message from a diplomat to a retired general in case it was intercepted rather than a 'Hey Ben, remember me?'.

I'm taking this far too seriously :)
    mebbe, though if R2 got intercepted they'd have got the stolen plans, so the wording of the message itself would've been irrelevant. 

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    tekbow said:
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    Multiverse!

I can live with that.

She knows him as Ben and has not been exposed to the name Obi-Wan yet as far as I've seen. Neither does she know he lives on Tatooine.

Whilst running full tilt at a spaceship door, and only comes back once obi wan died and disappeared.

I also misremembered. The laseriness doesnt start until after Luke can't keep his mouth shut.
    tekbow said:
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    Multiverse!

I can live with that.

I dunno, sounds a bit contrived to me.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72977
    Part 3 is definitely better.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2950
    I just binge-watched episodes 1-3.  It's brilliant.    Ewan has Obi-Wan as a jaded lost in the backwaters hermit down to a tee and the young Leia is fabulously irritating as a young Leia would be.  If there had been more episodes available I think I would have stayed up all night and watched the lot.  

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7696
    VimFuego said:
    TimmyO said:

sev112 said:
    So does Anakin not know that his child(ren) survived Palme dying ?
    No 
    so how does he know Luke is his son if he doesn't know he has a son?
    At the point in time of the latest Obi wan episode, he didn't know he has a child. By TESB he does. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24796
    Accurate troopers 

https://youtu.be/P9bDzHP6_Pk

I WANT TO BUY:
    Fairfield "The Accountant" Compressor Pedal.

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4690
    VimFuego said:
    Leia only knows her as Ben not Obi-Wan.
    For me the episode "came" to early.
    The red light light saber should have been the final scene with the loud breathing.
    VimFuego said:
    Leia only knows her as Ben not Obi-Wan.
    For me the episode "came" to early.
    The red light light saber should have been the final scene with the loud breathing.
    so she never ever wondered "hmmm, I wonder if that strange man who came from nowhere to rescue me 10 years ago, was pursued relentlessly by a sith lord and just happens to have the same last name as a great Jedi knight is the same person"? I dunno, you fan bois are reaching a bit now.

and still no one has explained how vader seems to have forgotten about it!!!

Ben does not mention his Surname.
    Vader may well get his arse kicked again making him feel like a padawan again
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72977
    I’m not too worried about minor inconsistencies that are going to need complicated retcon’ing. The whole of Rogue One isn’t quite ‘right’ compared to the description of how the rebels obtained the Death Star plans in Episode IV, but the film is brilliant and works both as a self-contained story and as part of the overall narrative.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Then the prequels contradicted return of the Jedi. Luke asks Leia if she remembers her real mother and she says yes. How could she her mother died just after she was ripped from her womb.