Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• I thought they were going to retcon the killing kids thing?

He might not have killed THOSE kids, but it didn't look good for that kid in the darkest scene in Star Wars....

To be fair, that kid does have one of those faces that needs a slap.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876
    VimFuego said:
    Anakin killing the younglings is just Rebel Scum propaganda. The truth is he tried to save them from the murderous Jedi, he did manage to kill a lot of them before they could complete their dastardly plan, but he was overwhelmed and couldn't be everywhere at once, afterall there were many Jedi but only 2 Sith. If you don't believe me, look at how much CGI was used in the scenes of him killing the younglings!!! What are they hiding behind all the effects?
    History is written by the winners, they always paint the losers in a bad light, they always have to make you hate your liberators and love your oppressors.

Imagining the Star Wars Equivalent of Rupert Murdoch typing that editorial up...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    Killing those spoilt entitled jedi brats is the only action Anakin did more heroic than killing palpatine and getting balance in the force.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Ep3
    Vader is unstoppable but stops when Obi Wan is down and out and just watches him get picked up? Eh?
    And Bad Sister overtakes Leia in the tunnel. Eh?
    And Helper girl gets out of the tunnel without stumbling across Bad Sister coming the other way. Eh?

What a mess. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    darius said:

And Bad Sister overtakes Leia in the tunnel. Eh?
    And Helper girl gets out of the tunnel without stumbling across Bad Sister coming the other way. Eh?
    Bad Sister saw the tunnel, knew where it goes and went to the other end overground before Leia got there - she turned round after the tunnel door opened.

The Vader/Obi-Wan fight wasn’t very good though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12940
    I'm quite enjoying the comedy takes on this online now.

Apparently the only reason not to like it is because you're a butthurt fan boy who can't handle some retconning. I find that quite funny because I think you have to be a fanboy to overlook the obvious flaws! :-D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10276
    I think Vadar is toying with Obi Wan because he's currently so pathetic and weak so the fire thing isn't him being deterred by it rather he let him get away. 

Although in the comics he hunted down and killed those who knew him as soon as he could. 

Also, how do these people know he's Anakin. It's a ridiculously closely guarded secret. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12418
    edited June 2022
    Also if Luke’s parentage is a life or death secret why didn’t the sky walkers tell him they were his parents rather than aunt and uncle. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16300
    Okay caught up. Entertaining romp, better than Boba Fett. Not quite sure why they ended up in New Street Station in episode 2. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    I'm quite enjoying the comedy takes on this online now.

Apparently the only reason not to like it is because you're a butthurt fan boy who can't handle some retconning. I find that quite funny because I think you have to be a fanboy to overlook the obvious flaws! :-D
    There are a huge number of obvious flaws - it’s really difficult to cram another story in between the existing narrative without some conflicts - especially as there are a few between the two trilogies anyway, which need some convoluted explanation…

I don’t mind, as long as it’s done well. I’d give this a B+ so far I think.

I think it’s actually quite interesting to see how what’s effectively a modern mythological universe is being formed - I’m sure there were arguments like this about the legends of the ancient world too, characters were changed and added as the stories were embellished, sometimes to the point they evolved out of all recognition.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    Also if Luke’s parentage is a life or death secret why didn’t the sky walkers tell him they were his parents rather than aunt and uncle. 
    Yea all Vadar has to do is Google 'Skywalker' and I'm sure there would be dozens of Instagram videos of Luke acting the fool at Toshe Station. They haven't really hidden him well considering he's with Anakins bloody step brother on the planet he grew up on. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3605
    I think Vadar is toying with Obi Wan because he's currently so pathetic and weak so the fire thing isn't him being deterred by it rather he let him get away. 

Although in the comics he hunted down and killed those who knew him as soon as he could. 

Also, how do these people know he's Anakin. It's a ridiculously closely guarded secret. 
    He can feel it via his Space Tingle. 
    Was watching Episodes 2 and 3 with my son who seems to be getting into Star Wars.

Not Shakespeare, but still very entertaining movies.

That's all they have to be...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27219
    Just caught up with e3 last night. I thought it was fantastic. 

I don't care what others think of it, but I can't help feeling some people dislike so much more of Star Wars than the bits they do like - maybe they just don't like Star Wars..?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

I don't care what others think of it, but I can't help feeling some people dislike so much more of Star Wars than the bits they do like - maybe they just don't like Star Wars..?
    Nah, love Star Wars. 

Kenobi is just really badly done IMO. Treats beloved characters like idiots, motivations are all over the place, appears to retcon the original trilogy, some of the action sequences are utterly laughable and most galling of all the music is utterly forgettable. Even bad Star Wars has good music. Unforgivable. 

I think the problem is mostly the internet.

It all spread from the Red Letter Media critiques of the prequels.  They did pretty well with the first two and disappeared up their own behinds by the third, but since then a whole genre of video reviews which are all always profoundly positive or profoundly negative have poisoned general opinion.

Ultimately, a series of crossover kids movies that some adults take far too seriously.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Ultimately, a series of crossover kids movies that some adults take far too seriously.
    I mean it's very easy to say that, but this is the world's biggest movie studio taking on a long awaited story about a beloved hero at the centre of the world's biggest multi-billion dollar televisual franchise and with the luxury of doing it at their own pace. 

Being a kids movie doesn't mean we can't have high expectations. Toy Story is a kids movie, but I don't remember anyone having to gloss over blatant flaws with "yeah but it's for kids though". 

I mean it's very easy to say that, but this is the world's biggest movie studio taking on a long awaited story about a beloved hero at the centre of the world's biggest multi-billion dollar televisual franchise and with the luxury of doing it at their own pace. 

Being a kids movie doesn't mean we can't have high expectations. Toy Story is a kids movie, but I don't remember anyone having to gloss over blatant flaws with "yeah but it's for kids though". 

My point is that the flaws are exagerrated to the point of daftness to try and make and opinion sound objective, not you specifically BTW  but generally.

It's fine to not enjoy something, but to take against it because one doesn't like a direction the writers took feels a bit entitled.

YMMV of course.

Taking the same attitude with the original trilogy you old have an absolute field day...

Luke flew speeders on tattooine and can somehow fly an x wing now... and gives shit to the qualified pilots...

If the rebels have 30 fighters why send the death star after their base at all... one star destroyer should do it...

Does it take months to fly to cloud city or hours to learn to be a Jedi...

When the second death star is destroyed the empire still has an overwhelming fleet right there and should have still won...

The OT has more holes than edam, and is twice as Cheesy, but we forgive it all because of nostalgia and entertainment value.

As I said, YMMV and you can think what you like, but I just take it at face value.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Everything you say is true, but equally the original Star Wars film is now 45 years old and was made on a budget. Standards are a lot higher now, particularly when you're rumoured to be spending $20m+ per episode of TV. 

I'm really pleased for those of you who are enjoying it. But this Star Wars fan of 35+ years has been nothing but disappointed. I'll not be watching the rest. Life's too short and I'd rather watch something I'm enjoying instead :-)

I like Star Wars a lot. And I have to say that it's a mixed bag. The Empire Strikes Back, Clone Wars, Mandalorian, Rogue One and various comic book runs are the high points. There is also a lot to like in all 9 films, and when I really, really think about it, and put all emotion aside, I have to say that the prequel trilogy is probably the most consistent in terms of narrative. Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Dooki, Darth Maul are all great. And 20 years on I like Hayden Christensen as Anakin. There are less glaring plot holes overall, but they don't have the magic of the origal trilogy. 

When I think about it even harder, the prequels were actually aimed more at adults with all the politiking and trade stuff, the knife and dagger senate stuff, and people still disliked it at the time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom