Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15637
    edited June 2022
    ICBM said:
    I’m not too worried about minor inconsistencies that are going to need complicated retcon’ing. The whole of Rogue One isn’t quite ‘right’ compared to the description of how the rebels obtained the Death Star plans in Episode IV, but the film is brilliant and works both as a self-contained story and as part of the overall narrative.
    I'm not either, just seeing how far I can push them. 

I also like the sequels, a lot of the fan bois seem to hate them as well for some reason.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72678
    VimFuego said:

I also like the sequels. 
    I thought TFA was so-so, I liked TLJ a lot, but TROS was total shit… having read the script of Duel Of The Fates and being able to picture the never-made film, for me that’s the actual end of the story - to the point I’ve pretty much blanked out TROS as if it never happened. The whole Palpatine part was utterly ludicrous after he’s so clearly killed by Vader in ROTJ.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3088
    tekbow said:
    Until storm Troopers can actually come close to hitting what they're aiming at, never mind hitting their intended target.  I'm taking everything tar Wars with a tonne of salt, never mind a pinch.  How many movies and series have they had now to work on their aiming, it's they don't even care enough to get in any range time.

That is brilliant.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2799
    I’m sure she calls him obi wan in the back of the truck after the stormtroopers have jumped out, or possibly in that secret room - I will have to check later 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Is it just me, is anyone else missing Darth's theme everytime he appears - da Dah da-dar ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jalapeno said:
    Is it just me, is anyone else missing Darth's theme everytime he appears - da Dah da-dar ;)
    TBF he had to travel there at short notice, didn't have the opportunity to assemble his orchestra. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24665
    tekbow said:
    Until storm Troopers can actually come close to hitting what they're aiming at, never mind hitting their intended target.  I'm taking everything tar Wars with a tonne of salt, never mind a pinch.  How many movies and series have they had now to work on their aiming, it's they don't even care enough to get in any range time.

That is brilliant.

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    tekbow said:

That is brilliant.

They do a lot of content I'm suprised they're not sued for :lol:

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7580
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    And another thing, in New Hope the message she puts into R2 says "years ago you helped my father in the clone wars", surely she didn't forget about him rescuing her when she was 10 years old?!?
    So we've got vader and Leia "forgetting" about this whole incident, there's more to this than we're being told, someone is hiding something!!!
    Multiverse!

The only way they'd be able to get around it is with a retcon. I don't think they need to, though; there's so much goodwill present in the fanbase for this that they can just ask people to accept that they're working within some massive constraints, and some of them need to be bent/broken to be able to tell a good story that's still relevant to the main characters.

I can live with that.
    yeah, I know, I just luv messing with fan boys. 
    I don't count myself as a fan boy - I've never summoned the enthusiasm to watch/read anything beyond the films prior to the Disney serieseses. 

Thinking about the "why doesn't Vader keep using Leia as bait in future" thing - does he know.about her now in this.series, or is that just Reva's initiative ? I can't be tagged re watching the episode but I'm.guessing someone here will.jave paid.more.attention than me. 

More generally, they must have something pretty big plotwise planned, I'd assumed the climax of the series would have been them fighting - wonder what this now leaves room for 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    And another thing, in New Hope the message she puts into R2 says "years ago you helped my father in the clone wars", surely she didn't forget about him rescuing her when she was 10 years old?!?
    So we've got vader and Leia "forgetting" about this whole incident, there's more to this than we're being told, someone is hiding something!!!
    Multiverse!

The only way they'd be able to get around it is with a retcon. I don't think they need to, though; there's so much goodwill present in the fanbase for this that they can just ask people to accept that they're working within some massive constraints, and some of them need to be bent/broken to be able to tell a good story that's still relevant to the main characters.

I can live with that.
    yeah, I know, I just luv messing with fan boys. 
    I don't count myself as a fan boy - I've never summoned the enthusiasm to watch/read anything beyond the films prior to the Disney serieseses. 

Thinking about the "why doesn't Vader keep using Leia as bait in future" thing - does he know.about her now in this.series, or is that just Reva's initiative ? I can't be tagged re watching the episode but I'm.guessing someone here will.jave paid.more.attention than me. 

More generally, they must have something pretty big plotwise planned, I'd assumed the climax of the series would have been them fighting - wonder what this now leaves room for 
    possibly I recall a conversation between vader and Reva about it, but even if I got that wrong, surely he must now know that kidnapping her pulls him out of hiding. 

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    Moof milkers! 
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1686
    Even though 3 of the main characters have plot protection, the tension still remains. That shows how good the plot is to me. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Even though 3 of the main characters have plot protection, the tension still remains. That shows how good the plot is to me. 

Very good point. We know Obi-wan is stifling tootling Around tatooine 10 years later, yet there was very much a sense of him being In terminal jeopardy
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11914
    We know that they will have no idea that Obi-Wan is on Tatooine, or that Luke is there, at the end.

I bet we haven't seen the last showdown between Obi-Wan and Vader - the next won't be as one sided, I'd guess we will see him recover more of his identity as the show progresses - he did defeat a full strength pre-lava Anakin at one point.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    We know that they will have no idea that Obi-Wan is on Tatooine, or that Luke is there, at the end.

I bet we haven't seen the last showdown between Obi-Wan and Vader - the next won't be as one sided, I'd guess we will see him recover more of his identity as the show progresses - he did defeat a full strength pre-lava Anakin at one point.
    ah, but he had the high ground. He's shit on the flat. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:

ah, but he had the high ground. He's shit on the flat. 
    You can understand Vader being angry - it's like he left Anakin limbless and burnt to a crisp to lie there for presumably hours before agonisingly painful treatments that forever encased him in a life support box.

I mean he did kill a bunch of kids, he had it coming, but I doubt Anakin felt that way.
  • I thought they were going to retcon the killing kids thing?
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    I thought they were going to retcon the killing kids thing?

He might not have killed THOSE kids, but it didn't look good for that kid in the darkest scene in Star Wars....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2022
    Anakin killing the younglings is just Rebel Scum propaganda. The truth is he tried to save them from the murderous Jedi, he did manage to kill a lot of them before they could complete their dastardly plan, but he was overwhelmed and couldn't be everywhere at once, afterall there were many Jedi but only 2 Sith. If you don't believe me, look at how much CGI was used in the scenes of him killing the younglings!!! What are they hiding behind all the effects?
    History is written by the winners, they always paint the losers in a bad light, they always have to make you hate your liberators and love your oppressors.

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom