Bands you used to love back in the day but can't listen to now

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22928
    edited June 2022
    Dominic said:
    When I sat next to Rachel Stevens in a local restaurant recently I told her I was a big fan but she didn't seem impressed so it's kind of put me off .
    She lives locally so I see her around a lot.
    More often than she'd like, by the sound of it.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Gary Glitter 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    I'm struggling with this one.

I've only bought stuff I like, and I've found my taste has remained pretty much the same since I 'got into music properly'. 

There's albums like Generation Terrorists that I don't listen to anymore. For me the production completely spoils the album so I struggle to listen to it. But I still love the songs.

There's albums and singles I own, but only on cassette / CD or vinyl. I have no way of playing them anymore as I have nothing on which to play physical media. I've rebought most as downloads now, but some stuff I haven't. I'd still say I liked them though. Just not enough to buy again.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3333
    Philly_Q said:
    Haych said:
    Ozzy.  I was never big into his stuff but since finding out what a complete idiot he and his wife both are I just can't bring myself to listen anymore.  The man has built his career riding on the coattails of genius but he takes all he credit while his wife does everything in her power to make sure those who are responsible for his success get as little recognition or reward as possible.

Also his albums are made like Taylor Swift records now - he just hands himself over to a producer and lets them make 90% of the decisions about the songwriting, the musicians, the overall musical direction.  
    I assume you just singled her out as you wrongly assume shes disposable pop or a female, but You really don't know how Taylor Swift works. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11789
    I assume you just singled her out as you wrongly assume shes disposable pop or a female
    He wrongly assumes Taylor Swift is a female? Well I never saw that one coming.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28356
    lustycourtier said:

I assume you just singled her out as you wrongly assume shes disposable pop or a female, but You really don't know how Taylor Swift works. 
    Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22928
    Philly_Q said:
    Haych said:
    Ozzy.  I was never big into his stuff but since finding out what a complete idiot he and his wife both are I just can't bring myself to listen anymore.  The man has built his career riding on the coattails of genius but he takes all he credit while his wife does everything in her power to make sure those who are responsible for his success get as little recognition or reward as possible.

Also his albums are made like Taylor Swift records now - he just hands himself over to a producer and lets them make 90% of the decisions about the songwriting, the musicians, the overall musical direction.  
    @lustycourtier If you'd bothered to read my subsequent comment:
    Yeah, yeah, OK, bad example, I couldn't be bothered to go and look at the credits on Camila Cabello albums or something.  But you know what I mean, the production team(s) are involved to an extent that's highly unusual for rock music.
    My original comment was all about Ozzy Osbourne and the way his albums are produced.  Nothing to do with Taylor Swift, she was just a random (bad) example of a contemporary pop artist, plucked out of the air for reference.  I wasn't "singling anyone out". 

And please, please, please, I  would be extremely fucking grateful if you would not jump to the conclusion that my comment had anything to do with anyone's gender.  That is NOT how I think.

Thank you so much.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3333
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Haych said:

@lustycourtier If you'd bothered to read my subsequent comment:
    Yeah, yeah, OK, bad example, I couldn't be bothered to go and look at the credits on Camila Cabello albums or something.  But you know what I mean, the production team(s) are involved to an extent that's highly unusual for rock music.
    My original comment was all about Ozzy Osbourne and the way his albums are produced.  Nothing to do with Taylor Swift, she was just a random (bad) example of a contemporary pop artist, plucked out of the air for reference.  I wasn't "singling anyone out". 

And please, please, please, I  would be extremely fucking grateful if you would not jump to the conclusion that my comment had anything to do with anyone's gender.  That is NOT how I think.

Thank you so much.
    Thats fine, just how I read it. Taylor is bad ass, and during lockdown released two astonishing folk records (Never more and evermore) that couldnt be further from pop. Check them out. 
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1414
    edited June 2022
    Thats fine, just how I read it. Taylor is bad ass, and during lockdown released two astonishing folk records (Never more and evermore) that couldnt be further from pop. Check them out. 
    Well, they could. I know both albums quite well and, as decent as they are, both are much closer to pop than they are to folk.
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Sporky said:
    Most of them. For me music is like chewing gum - after a while/certain number of listens it's just not interesting.

did you come up with that metaphor? It's perfect.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    Open_G said:
    The Levellers.  -Used to love the folky, punky vibe... Now some of the lyrics make me cringe.
    Leveling the land is a truly great album, they are also tremendous live. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11789
    munckee said:
    Open_G said:
    The Levellers.  -Used to love the folky, punky vibe... Now some of the lyrics make me cringe.
    Leveling the land is a truly great album, they are also tremendous live. 
    I think 'Levelling The Land' is the Tories' latest policy slogan isn't it? :-)

I've seen them live and whilst they're a great live act in terms of musicianship, I found their set became very monotonous very quickly I'm afraid.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28356
    viz said:
    Sporky said:
    Most of them. For me music is like chewing gum - after a while/certain number of listens it's just not interesting.

did you come up with that metaphor? It's perfect.
    I think so. Others might have too. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Philly_Q said:
    Dominic said:
    When I sat next to Rachel Stevens in a local restaurant recently I told her I was a big fan but she didn't seem impressed so it's kind of put me off .
    She lives locally so I see her around a lot.
    More often than she'd like, by the sound of it.
    She got big in a kids TV show, so I guess it depends how old you are how creepy she might find it.. 

A bit like going up to Frankie Bridge with your double thickness glasses on making a low groan with your tongue half out and going "I loved s club juniors..."
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...