Interesting or Cool Guitars at Glastonbury - post in here. nb. This in NOT the Glastonbury thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    I’m a simple man….I liked the Tele Deluxes (think they’re Am Pro ii?) that the guys in Sam Fender’s band were playing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    munckee said:
    First Aid Kit bass playing sister had a really cool what I think was a rivolta bass as well as what I think was a roadworn mustang bass. 

Seen a couple of duesenbergs but mostly I’ve noticed telecasters and everyone seems to be playing through DRRIs apart from crowded houses magnatones and the guitarist from st etienne had a tweed what I think was a deluxe. 
    The first aid kit was a hofner not rivolta!

seen a few fender lead ii s today. 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    I played at the Market House right in the center of Glastonbury 3 weeks ago. Took my HW1 and Landau strats, which I think are both pretty cool.

Fun gig, first time there. Bit like playing in Harry Potter World tho! Lots of very interesting people!
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1337
    munckee said:
    munckee said:
    First Aid Kit bass playing sister had a really cool what I think was a rivolta bass as well as what I think was a roadworn mustang bass. 

Seen a couple of duesenbergs but mostly I’ve noticed telecasters and everyone seems to be playing through DRRIs apart from crowded houses magnatones and the guitarist from st etienne had a tweed what I think was a deluxe. 

I saw a Pro reverb and (I think) a Princeton with Wet Leg.

Guitarist in Dry Cleaning (who on earth came up with that name for a band?!?) had a pair of Devilles...

I don't think I've seen a single Marshall on stage other than one band - and VOX AC30s are pretty thin on the ground as well.. a few years back you couldn't move for those...

For the most part telecasters (and Fender) dominated.

Bass wise it was even simpler - nearly everyone I saw had Fender Precisions whacked thru Ampeg SVTs ? and they sounded absolutely wonderful. Not ideal for a gig down the Dog and Duck but playing a festival stage? why would you choose anything else?!  =)
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    Neil Finn’s old Gretsch Firebird Jet is definitely cool…
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    edited June 2022
    Idles have some fantastic guitars. EGc 500

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1731
    tFB Trader
    CaseOfAce said:
    munckee said:
    munckee said:

I saw a Pro reverb and (I think) a Princeton with Wet Leg.

Guitarist in Dry Cleaning (who on earth came up with that name for a band?!?) had a pair of Devilles...

I don't think I've seen a single Marshall on stage other than one band - and VOX AC30s are pretty thin on the ground as well.. a few years back you couldn't move for those...

For the most part telecasters (and Fender) dominated.

Bass wise it was even simpler - nearly everyone I saw had Fender Precisions whacked thru Ampeg SVTs ? and they sounded absolutely wonderful. Not ideal for a gig down the Dog and Duck but playing a festival stage? why would you choose anything else?!  =)
    I think Wet Leg have Josh on the Princeton, Hester on a Pro Reverb, Rhian on a DRRI and Ellis is on a Bassman.
  • euaneuan Frets: 1487
    Yves Tumour's guitarist was on a Marshall but I wasn't convinced it was out of standby.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9623
    Interesting that reissue silverface Fenders seem to be in favour. Saw a couple of photos of Adwaith and Holly appeared to be plaing through an AC30 - maybe a new acquisition for their Glastonbury debut (along with the cowboy hats).
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22846
    euan said:
    Yves Tumour's guitarist was on a Marshall but I wasn't convinced it was out of standby.
    I saw a picture of said guitarist crowd-surfing with what looks like an Explorer.  That's pretty cool.

Yves Tumors guitarist stealing the show
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Olivia Rodrigo bass player was rocking a Hofner Ignition Violin bass. (Great act, first I’ve seen that had the crowd wild and enthralled).
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3328
    I’m very embarrassed as a huge fan of JD McPherson to not know he’d joined Robert Plant and Alison Kraus band! And a lovely pink Jazzmaster he used 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Noel G playing his Edge Fender signature Strat ,i read in a interview that he has a couple of them and are one of his favourite guitars atm , high praise considering the collection he has ,i never see them come up for sale s/h ,did fender stop doing them as they would dint the standard sales ? as they were only £300 more .
    Wonderwall is now capo 4th fret?
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
    edited June 2022
    mark123 said:
    Noel G playing his Edge Fender signature Strat ,i read in a interview that he has a couple of them and are one of his favourite guitars atm , high praise considering the collection he has ,i never see them come up for sale s/h ,did fender stop doing them as they would dint the standard sales ? as they were only £300 more .
    Noticed that, I had a go on one when they first came out and loved it. Sounded great in the shop. Heavy use of the Nash Jazz i=on his solo material too. That 355 is the mutts nuts though.

Gem on the Trini Lopez too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3328
    Wonderwall is now capo 4th fret?
    3rd, which it’s always been when he sang it. 2nd was when Liam sang it. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Macca's guitarist playing a Harley Benton TE62 DB LPB £135

Sorry with all the harley benton threads i couodn't resist,probably a real 60s or custom shop 3k jobby.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    mark123 said:
    ...Sorry with all the harley benton threads i couodn't resist,probably a real 60s or custom shop 3k jobby.
    I thought it was an R8.

Was going to do the joke but you got in first ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    McCartney’s backline looks like Vox V125 stacks, although I guess they’re just facades on whatever modern bass amps he uses?
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited June 2022
    McCartney’s backline looks like Vox V125 stacks, although I guess they’re just facades on whatever modern bass amps he uses?
    I see Fender, Vox, Marshall, Mesa and Ashdown cabs on stage. Why not I suppose?

I'm hoping I might be able to play like macca by the time I'm 80 too ;-)