Interesting or Cool Guitars at Glastonbury - post in here. nb. This in NOT the Glastonbury thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Wonderwall is now capo 4th fret?
    3rd, which it’s always been when he sang it. 2nd was when Liam sang it. 
    Puts it in Bb, which is handy for the brass.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9632
    Those Vox stacks are always immediately behind him though. Think I read somewhere years ago that they are not what they appear to be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9632
    Is Macca’s guitarist playing a Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster?
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11761
    I thought that 
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 272
    The Gibson quotient is likely to be higher at Download and/ or any blues festival (eg Crossroads). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    St Vincent guitarist rocking a cool Tele deluxe/custom….

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    There is a fender model that looks pretty much the same as the Mascis.
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 234
    Brian Ray with macca using what looked like  coral sitar guitar briefly 
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3327
    McCartney’s backline looks like Vox V125 stacks, although I guess they’re just facades on whatever modern bass amps he uses?
    He like to keep the same gear around (AKA he’s a mingebag) the Magical Mystery keyboard
  • westwest Frets: 996
    As a collings fan some dude in some band playing a jet black collings i35 pretty sure it was an LC one from the fret markers ....
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11761
    I assumed that was the case, I'd assume playing for macca pays well.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Yeah, more likely to be one of these...
    https://guitar.com/review/vintage-review/1959-fender-jazzmaster/

I didn't see it, but you can tell by the trem position. The trem on the mascis is nearer to the bridge.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27005
    I haven’t seen the set yet but Rusty Anderson (Sir Paul’s right hand man) is a big Danocaster fan, and I know he has at least one of Dani’s Jazzmasters. I’d wager that was what he had last night 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2637
    Something I've been curious about, but don't want to appear snarky - do Wet Leg have someone buying their guitars for them? I mean, it's been observed that their approach to the instrument is somewhat rudimentary. This isn't something I have a problem with, to be honest, it's fun and I got into playing during punk when anything more complicated was somehow a crime against music. But it seems odd that someone who has that approach to the notes would be the same person to say "What I need is a custom Esquire with a staple p90". The other player had what I remember to be a similarly custom offset with RWHBs (may be remembering it wrong, perhaps I should have gone to iPlayer to check). It's something I've noticed before with different instruments. They seem either to have a lot of guitars or a lot of instrument turnover.

Anyone can have whatever instrument they like, AFAIC, but there is a disjuncture there. 

There is also the possibility that they're both actually flashy players and guitar afficionados who are going simple for the fun of it. 

(I've been assuming that the three blokes are basically ringers, so their gear is going to be basic pro stuff, but am happy to be corrected.)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27005
    Something I've been curious about, but don't want to appear snarky - do Wet Leg have someone buying their guitars for them? I mean, it's been observed that their approach to the instrument is somewhat rudimentary. This isn't something I have a problem with, to be honest, it's fun and I got into playing during punk when anything more complicated was somehow a crime against music. But it seems odd that someone who has that approach to the notes would be the same person to say "What I need is a custom Esquire with a staple p90". The other player had what I remember to be a similarly custom offset with RWHBs (may be remembering it wrong, perhaps I should have gone to iPlayer to check). It's something I've noticed before with different instruments. They seem either to have a lot of guitars or a lot of instrument turnover.

Anyone can have whatever instrument they like, AFAIC, but there is a disjuncture there. 

There is also the possibility that they're both actually flashy players and guitar afficionados who are going simple for the fun of it. 

(I've been assuming that the three blokes are basically ringers, so their gear is going to be basic pro stuff, but am happy to be corrected.)
    Maybe they just go to shops & website and see what they like the look of? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295

I haven't watched the set but she was using a Noventa tele last time I looked which is what that sounds like and they are a pretty off the shelf kinda guitar. 

How does anyone make a guitar buying decision?

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3327
    west said:
    As a collings fan some dude in some band playing a jet black collings i35 pretty sure it was an LC one from the fret markers ....
    Big Thief, and that performance was top 3 I’ve seen this weekend. Incredible band 
  • westwest Frets: 996
    west said:
    Big Thief, and that performance was top 3 I’ve seen this weekend. Incredible band 

Thanks for the confirmation ;)
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2637

That's actually an interesting question, but I'm obviously an idiot. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295

That's actually an interesting question, but I'm obviously an idiot. 

There seem to be several young female players using Fender Noventas. So I suspect that part of the answer is that someone at Fender gave or sold very cheaply that Tele to her because it fits with the image that the company are chasing. 
    If Fender want to start chasing the fat old curmudgeon market I’d be quite happy to be seen in public with whatever they want to give me…
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom