Is there a song that you really hate?

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667
    DavidR said:
    The Birdie Song. Number 2 in UK charts in 1981. Composed by a Swiss accordion payer and with all respect to him, I'm sure he was/is a very nice man, it's definitive Eurotrash. I will forever wish he had taken up the clarinet. Also the number one example of an artist finding massive success because their art is massively bad. Beats Tracey Emin hands down.

Let me just do this to it - The Birdie Song

Ooooh. That's so much better!!

:-)
    About thirty years ago me and the prospective MrsTheWeary where having a romantic weekend away in France. Went for a meal in a Parisian bistro, candles, glasses of wine,etc. Accordion player comes up to the table, would we like a song for the lovely lady? Plays The Birdie Song. 
    I probably wouldn't say hate but I certainly find it hard to like. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    You lot are some right grumpy fuckers. 

I agree Toto are a bag of shit though. The perfect encapsulation of the concept that being a session musician and great songwriting are totally different skillsets. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667

I agree Toto are a bag of shit though. The perfect encapsulation of the concept that being a session musician and great songwriting are totally different skillsets. 
    That does seem to ignore that the core membership of Toto also wrote songs for artists such as Michael Jackson. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753

That does seem to ignore that the core membership of Toto also wrote songs for artists such as Michael Jackson. 
    Yeah, but Human Nature is hardly Beat It or Billie Jean. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1558

Wait a minute...

Africa, Rosanna and Hold The Line are NOT great songs !?!

good grief.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...