IK Multimedia TONEX Pedal

What's Hot

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I'm disappointed to see it only have one set of outputs, having the option of a cab free out to connect to backline and one with an ir for the pa is pretty standard these days and an oversight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 265
    John_P said:
    I'm disappointed to see it only have one set of outputs, having the option of a cab free out to connect to backline and one with an ir for the pa is pretty standard these days and an oversight.
    I sent IK Multimedia an email on this very subject and the response Unfortunately, currently you cannot split the signal this way but the team is looking into it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordy said:
    it's pretty cool - I'd have expected someone else to have cracked this by now - but being able to run a capture/profile on hardware as well as in DAW/plugin seems like an important first?!!
    Typical John Cordy, tells it like it is, unlike the other sugar coated youtubers.

Keep up the good work
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1322
    I'm not really in need of the pedal, but I took the plunge with the Tonex plugin yesterday.  Wow!  Just, wow!  Clean and crunch tones are amazingly dynamic.
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    edited February 2023
    I think the prices for Kemper and QC/Fractal are a bit over the top by now given that mini computer boxes are not that high tech and many companies have figured out modelling/profiling algorithms.

I wish Kemper would do a small box to just load profiles and play without the profiling function for under 1k. I would be up for that.

ToneX is on the right path but a couple of demos didn’t excite me that much.

• melodmelod Frets: 136
    Ok…I am  actually interested now :)
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3408
    This looks pretty cool. Definitely interested to hear some reviews from real punters when the get their grubby mitts on this.
  • NelsonP said:
    This looks pretty cool. Definitely interested to hear some reviews from real punters when the get their grubby mitts on this.
    I’ll post my thoughts once I get mine. I’ve owned all the big hitters so I have many points of reference to compare it to.
  • NelsonP said:
    I’ll post my thoughts once I get mine. I’ve owned all the big hitters so I have many points of reference to compare it to.
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts…
  • I cancelled my original Andertons order as the dispatch date kept slipping (Originally said Monday 20th, now says Friday 24th Feb).
    I've now ordered it from GuitarGuitar as they have it in stock. All being well I should have it on Wednesday.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2023
    2 potential issues I see with this pedal:

i) You will need outboard effects. Something like an HXFX, HX stomp or TC plethora would do the trick.

ii) Since the TONEX has no loop you would need to put it in the loop of the multi fx unit. That could work pretty well, as you'd be able to send and receive midi to change patches  but programming might be a drag. Also, if you use the TONEX usb interface, then you would lose any post-fx. I guess you could just run all of the fx into the front, but I wish they had put a loop on it.
  • NelsonP said:
    2 potential issues I see with this pedal:

i) You will need outboard effects. Something like an HXFX, HX stomp or TC plethora would do the trick.

ii) Since the TONEX has no loop you would need to put it in the loop of the multi fx unit. That could work pretty well, as you'd be able to send and receive midi to change patches  but programming might be a drag. Also, if you use the TONEX usb interface, then you would lose any post-fx. I guess you could just run all of the fx into the front, but I wish they had put a loop on it.
    ii) For me the no loop thing isn't a problem. You can just run all of your time based effects after the ToneX pedal.
    Definitely interested to hear your thoughts. I'm still using an Amplifire for modelling duties !
  • I cancelled my original Andertons order as the dispatch date kept slipping (Originally said Monday 20th, now says Friday 24th Feb).
    I've now ordered it from GuitarGuitar as they have it in stock. All being well I should have it on Wednesday.
    Do you know when they’re getting it in? I preordered last week - they suddenly had 9 in stock on the homepage today (first time) but that was down very quickly, I assume fulfilling preorders before mine…
    Do you know when they’re getting it in? I preordered last week - they suddenly had 9 in stock on the homepage today (first time) but that was down very quickly, I assume fulfilling preorders before mine…
    When I placed my original order I was told mine would be in the 2nd batch which was originally due tomorrow. That has since slipped to Friday. Guitarguitar have them in stock now. 
    When I placed my original order I was told mine would be in the 2nd batch which was originally due tomorrow. That has since slipped to Friday. Guitarguitar have them in stock now. 
    Sorry mate, meant to say I was referring to guitarguitar all along. No stock showed apart from a very brief window this afternoon.
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1158
    edited February 2023
    I cancelled my original Andertons order as the dispatch date kept slipping (Originally said Monday 20th, now says Friday 24th Feb).
    Sorry mate, meant to say I was referring to guitarguitar all along. No stock showed apart from a very brief window this afternoon.
    I ordered mine at 4:26pm and at that time the website said there was 9+ in stock.
    I ordered mine at 4:26pm and at that time the website said there was 9+ in stock.
    Yeah, exactly what I saw. I think we might be waiting slightly longer (although hoping the orders that came in are ours and currently being sorted)
    Yeah, exactly what I saw. I think we might be waiting slightly longer (although hoping the orders that came in are ours and currently being sorted)
    So I checked with Guitarguitar this morning via their live chat function. The person I spoke to confirmed that stock had been allocated to my order and it would be shipped today for delivery to me tomorrow. Happy days
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3337
    edited February 2023
    A question for you chaps and excuse my ignorance - if someone had their favourite plug in sounds e.g. Scuffham stuff, could they profile and transfer those to the pedal for live use?