What's Hot

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1012
    Thanks! @susbemol ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bob_GnarlyBob_Gnarly Frets: 139
    edited March 2023
    duotone said:
    @duotone you can browse the tone net models like normal presets and download any you like
    @Bob_Gnarly ;;
    On Line6 Customtone you cannot hear what the tone sounds like until you actually download it. There are no previews/ways to listen to the tones.  https://line6.com/customtone/browse/helix/

Is that the same with Tone Net?
    Apologies my response was not clear but simply put you can audition in app and online as susbemol says
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bob_GnarlyBob_Gnarly Frets: 139
    Jota said:

So you had two amp blocks on the same preset?
    Yup. Matchstick Ch1 & Ch2 set to switch on a single footswitch press. Can’t take credit for it. Think it’s a Jon Cordy preset
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1163
    edited March 2023
    Paul Drew from the Studio Rats has just released his 1st capture pack for Tonex. Only £10.

https://www.thestudiorats.net/downloads/
  • So after using the pedal for a few weeks the biggest tip I can give to any users is to set the Input Trim in the global menu to -10.

I was getting frustrated with the sound of the majority of the Tone models, mainly as a lot of them had far too much gain. I mainly use my PRS DGT SE which has low output pickups. This guitar seemed to be overloading the pedal, especially in the lower frequencies.

I actually asked a vendor of 3rd party tone model’s regarding this. They actually went away and did some play tests. They came back to me and confirmed for their tone models to sound accurate they recommend setting the input trim to -10.

I imagine that this is the case for the majority of tone models on ToneNet and all other 3rd party tone models.

It makes a huge difference and I really think that IK Multimedia should mention this in the manual.
  • So after using the pedal for a few weeks the biggest tip I can give to any users is to set the Input Trim in the global menu to -10.

I was getting frustrated with the sound of the majority of the Tone models, mainly as a lot of them had far too much gain. I mainly use my PRS DGT SE which has low output pickups. This guitar seemed to be overloading the pedal, especially in the lower frequencies.

I actually asked a vendor of 3rd party tone model’s regarding this. They actually went away and did some play tests. They came back to me and confirmed for their tone models to sound accurate they recommend setting the input trim to -10.

I imagine that this is the case for the majority of tone models on ToneNet and all other 3rd party tone models.

It makes a huge difference and I really think that IK Multimedia should mention this in the manual.
    Nice one, I'll give that a try. Cheers
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I’m sure this has been answered but looking to pick one of these up as they’re so cheap and create a pedalboard rig. With no loop, how can I put effects after the amps and still either use headphones or go to a desk/FOH? 
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 751
    I don't think you can. I've ordered one and will integrate it in my pedalboard with delay after the Tonex but then into my Focusrite. My concern is that it will ad a bit of latency but we'll see.

Another option is to put it in the loop of a multi Fx such as the HX.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    @JohnCordy Here's a stupid question that maybe you can help me with. I've just received the Tonex pedal and when I connect it to the plug in on the PC I get both the sounds of the plug in and the pedal. I've searched everywhere but cannot find the solution for this.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1163
    edited April 2023
    fnpt said:
    @JohnCordy Here's a stupid question that maybe you can help me with. I've just received the Tonex pedal and when I connect it to the plug in on the PC I get both the sounds of the plug in and the pedal. I've searched everywhere but cannot find the solution for this.
    Make sure the pedal is in interface mode. Make sure the switches on the pedal are all off.
    @kennedydream1980 ; Thanks, I'm having a hard time integrating the pedal with my existing pedalboard and pc. It sounds good but it's a nightmare in terms of usage.

And for whatever reason I can not use it as a full plug in in my DAW (Garage Band), I can only access the free version with limited tone models and no ability to create/ use my presents.

Can't also use any pedals after the Tonex because of the lack of fx loop. If I want to play it independently of a pc, the monitors must be connected directly from the pedal, so any additional pedals must go in front.

If I connect a delay pedal after the Tonex then it needs to go into another interface and then pc and this has two problems: 1) I always need the pc on 2) there is no sound unless I start the plug in and then the pedal plays simultaneously with the plug in. T

And you always have to go to deep editing to change from interface to Live, depending on the way you use the pedal. Typical IK Multimedia mess.

With the Helix LT I would simply connect the helix into my interface and then monitors. No pc required unless I wanted to use the editor or record. The editor would also fully integrate with the pedal, any changes made in the editor or on the pedal would affect the other.
    ____

IK Multimedia have now addressed this in the most recent firmware update. Setting the input trim on the pedal to 0.0 is now unity gain. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    fnpt said:
    I don't think you can. I've ordered one and will integrate it in my pedalboard with delay after the Tonex but then into my Focusrite. My concern is that it will ad a bit of latency but we'll see.

Another option is to put it in the loop of a multi Fx such as the HX.
    @fnpt ;
    Hi,
    Can I ask what the FX Loop gizmo is and do you have a link?

Thanks
    I've ordered a Tonex Pedal, apologies for not being clear.
    ____
  • Pete Thorn has put up a vid of his Tonex Pedal demo. Can’t wait for him to release this amp pack!!

https://youtu.be/aXIRAHes6Ps
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 79
    Just ordered one of these from Amazon. They have them at £375. Bit rude not too. 

I’ll try it out on It’s own first to see if I get along with it, then might put it in the loop of my HXStomp and use this set up for everything. 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Just looked on Amazon and they're £411.50 now. That's nearly a 10% increase!
  • VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 341
    Tried one and to be honest there’s all that choice but who really needs so many ……and there isn’t a great difference between any of them really …..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Unfortunately I'm going to sell mine....purely on the basis that having a toddler and having enough free time to learn to use a new toy are not compatible. I think I've spent about 2-3 hours with it overall. Shame, as it's a great little unit!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • willowillo Frets: 389
    Hi - if I wanted a live set up of:

Overdrive pedals > Tonex > Modulation pedals > Seymour Duncan powerstage 200

Would there be any way to easily connect this to my laptop for recording? The powerstage has a DI output - could this be plugged into an interface that has a DI input?

Otherwise I don't see a way to record any post-Tonex pedals directly into the laptop?