IK Multimedia TONEX Pedal

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 963
    Paul_C said:

I'm just looking through the free amp downloads and I'm delighted to see someone has put up a Katana MkII :)
    There are some weird ones.

I've seen a capture of a blackstar ht5 too. when I had one I really liked it but in the land of profiling where I can have any amp I wqnt its not top of the list.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7850

Progress has been made - I've managed to swap patches using ToneNet and adjust reverb and it all seems fairly straightforward so far - the big one is going to be can I find a patch where I really like the sound of the demo and get it to sound close to that coming out of my Katana - if that's possible then I reckon that should keep me happy for quite a while :)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24636
    Paul_C said:

Progress has been made - I've managed to swap patches using ToneNet and adjust reverb and it all seems fairly straightforward so far - the big one is going to be can I find a patch where I really like the sound of the demo and get it to sound close to that coming out of my Katana - if that's possible then I reckon that should keep me happy for quite a while :)

Go straight into the FX loop on the Katana?
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    Paul_C said:

Is the Katana speaker a "standard" guitar amp speaker like a V30, or is it closer to an FRFR speaker where the the IR needs speaker and cab modelling as well?

When I use my Boss GT1000 through my amp's FX return, I split the signal and turn off any cab and mic modelling and just use the GT1000's preamp simulations. That way I can get a live sound with real speakers on stage and can run an XLR to the FoH with the GT1000's cab simulation.
    Paul_C said:

Go straight into the FX loop on the Katana?

No FX loop on the 50w combos - I'm running through the clean channel with no gain so it should be simple enough.

I have managed to move patches from ToneNet to the Tonex, and written down the steps until I get used to it, which is a start - I might buy some once I've exhausted the free stuff, but to be honest I don't need that much variety so it'll just be because I want to spend money on something ;)

I've sorted out six patches to get me started (Vox, Fender and a Dumble) and added a Beebo (after the Tonex as putting it first introduces hiss) and that should keep me happy for a while. The Beebo is there partly because there's no tuner in the Tonex yet.

Really pleased with it, I have no idea how close to the real thing it is and don't particularly care, it makes very nice sounds and that's always good enough for me. 

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3408
    How are people combining tonex with fx when there is no loop.... delays, modulation, reverb etc
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 963
    NelsonP said:
    How are people combining tonex with fx when there is no loop.... delays, modulation, reverb etc
    I use mine in the fx loop of an hx fx and it works fine I have compressor and drives before it, modulation and delay after.

There are loads of videos on YouTube explaining why you don't need a loop which can explain it far better than I can.

Simple explanation is you don't need a loop it's fine to put fx after it

• fnptfnpt Frets: 750
    I have mine in the loop of a GT1000 Core. The GT also controls the patches in the Tonex via MIDI. Works perfectly.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • I’ve just purchased the official Mesa pack that has just been released. You get a maximum of 30% discount if you use Jam points so it works out around £60ish.

It’s very impressive. All of the amps sound really good. I especially like the Mark IIC+ captures.

https://youtu.be/_8baud3KPhI?si=oGJvkYbf_RK7gLuW