The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited November 2013
    I didn't think he was a totally bad driver, simply reckless. A bit like a cross between Kobayashi and Grosjean.

Grobyashi!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Maxi said:
    Fretwired said:
    Maxi said:
    Well Massa seems optimistic that the new regs and car engine systems will level the playing field (unless your heavy) but im not so sure . It'll still be about aerodynamics and the usual suspects and the engine systems which are not exclusive to any particular team .
    There arent enough engine suppliers in F1 !
    According to Prost things could get boring. The new regs favour small light drivers with a smooth driving style as teams will have to conserve fuel during the race so they have enough for a big push at the end. He also thinks the new technology will be very unreliable.
    Well if prost is right then the unreliability should mix things up a bit providing its not the same car all the time  [-O<

Probably not in the spirit of the 'Sport' but breaking down used to be a significant factor!

I have been watching F1 since the late 60's, and even including the Schumacher years, I have watched less this year than any other. None live at all.

Currently, it's a bit like; your foot ball team gets to play Man U, then next week someone else's team gets to play Man U and so on, every week Man U win, eventually there is little point in turning up to watch because you know the result before they kick off. No one would go to the matches would they? I know nothing about football so this analogy may be completely wrong!

Either way after 40 odd years of taking an avid interest, I'm fed up with F1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24798

I WANT TO BUY:
    Fairfield "The Accountant" Compressor Pedal.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    ROOG said:
    Maxi said:
    Fretwired said:
    Maxi said:
    Well Massa seems optimistic that the new regs and car engine systems will level the playing field (unless your heavy) but im not so sure . It'll still be about aerodynamics and the usual suspects and the engine systems which are not exclusive to any particular team .
    According to Prost things could get boring. The new regs favour small light drivers with a smooth driving style as teams will have to conserve fuel during the race so they have enough for a big push at the end. He also thinks the new technology will be very unreliable.
    Well if prost is right then the unreliability should mix things up a bit providing its not the same car all the time  [-O<

Probably not in the spirit of the 'Sport' but breaking down used to be a significant factor!

I have been watching F1 since the late 60's, and even including the Schumacher years, I have watched less this year than any other. None live at all.

Currently, it's a bit like; your foot ball team gets to play Man U, then next week someone else's team gets to play Man U and so on, every week Man U win, eventually there is little point in turning up to watch because you know the result before they kick off. No one would go to the matches would they? I know nothing about football so this analogy may be completely wrong!

Same here I always hoped next year would be better than the last but it was not so I will watch a couple of the races next year if it's the same old crap sod the rest :)

• chillidoggy;81393" said:

Grobyashi!
    Grobycrashi?

Right - last two races put Vettel in a toro rosso and watch him race from behind in an underperforming car. I'd watch that.
    Look's like Rob Smedley will follow  Massa to Williams

Ianpdq said:
    They need to get a room from what I've seen!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Ianpdq said:
    They need to get a room from what I've seen!
    LOL, was that based on the joint interview they conducted with them in Monaco? I thought that was a bit sickly.

Ianpdq said:
    ROOG said:
    Maxi said:
    Fretwired said:
    Maxi said:

Same here I always hoped next year would be better than the last but it was not so I will watch a couple of the races next year if it's the same old crap sod the rest :)

No Doubt I shan't be able to resist the first two races either!

I see BT Sport is sniffing round for F1rights.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I think the BBC is bailing out ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:
    Confirmed? Or just a feeling?

• I see BT Sport is sniffing round for F1rights.
    The BBC coverage has been so diabolical I will be pleased if Jake Humphries gets reunited with F1 even though I'll never get to see it.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Fretwired said:
    Confirmed? Or just a feeling?
    If you read the explanation of why they split the contract with Sky is was basically on the understanding that Sky would end up with the full rights. You now have BT on the block [they just got MotoGP] so Bernie will no doubt look to hike the price. The BBC also has a strategy of moving over to highlights packages which suits busy people. I suspect a joint venture between Sky and the BBC across a range of sports to counter BT. The BBC has done well with MoTD and I can see them moving to an F1 highlights show.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    I thought it was the BBC plan to only show a few this year and next and then get out completely anyway??

I WANT TO BUY:

I WANT TO BUY:

So, why did McLaren get rid of Perez? Did they think he was going to rock up and wipe the floor with Jenson?

• So, why did McLaren get rid of Perez? Did they think he was going to rock up and wipe the floor with Jenson?
    I'd guess it's more to do with how he is in terms of car development than speed. Next year will be crucial to get a running start and keep up development-wise. If Perez is rubbish at communicating what he needs from the engineers and car then that'll hurt them a lot compared to the others
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    So, why did McLaren get rid of Perez? Did they think he was going to rock up and wipe the floor with Jenson?
    I don't think so give Button a decent car and he would wipe the floor with Perez :)