The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    So, why did McLaren get rid of Perez? Did they think he was going to rock up and wipe the floor with Jenson?
    I'd guess it's more to do with how he is in terms of car development than speed. Next year will be crucial to get a running start and keep up development-wise. If Perez is rubbish at communicating what he needs from the engineers and car then that'll hurt them a lot compared to the others
    McLaren will have another rubbish year without any major support from Mercedes. They'll be planning for 2015 and with Honda's technology and money I'll bet they'll make a move for Alonso at the end of 2014. I can't see Ferrari improving for a few years given their current management structure and I think Mercedes will make a major step forward to challenging Red Bull.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Fret you should replace Titmarsh at McLaren. You make more sense than he does!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24798

I WANT TO BUY:
    Fairfield "The Accountant" Compressor Pedal.

• Sad way to end a career

Bet he's a little sore!!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great to see Kovalainen kicking ass yesterday in the Lotus. Maybe he'll get a race seat next year? I know he doesn't come with much cash but he dicks on Maldonado, Chilton, Gutierrez etc!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Yup, I always thought he was a good driver, especially when he beat Schumacher in the race of champions thing. I'll laugh my cock off if he whips Grosjean's arse

• Between those performances from Heikki, Bottas and Hulk it's a mockery that Maldonado is even considered for a drive next year. 
    Unless you take into consideration the cartloads of cash he brings with him?

• Of course. Just don't like the way PM is being such an arrogant dickbag despite being fairly shite overall, just because he brings sacks of petrodollars with him. He's very quick on his occasional "good day" but if he was as good as he clearly believes he'd have demolished Bottas all season AND kept his nose clean. Bah!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    My V key is broken
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24798
    I see he is blaming the team for not setting his car up right, and changing tyre pressures to throw him off!

I WANT TO BUY:
    Fairfield "The Accountant" Compressor Pedal.

edited November 2013
    holnrew said:

He can't hold a candle to such a good-looking bastard as you, Hol.

Actually, he looks like an axe-wielding, homicidal maniac in that shot.

edited November 2013
    I see he is blaming the team for not setting his car up right, and changing tyre pressures to throw him off!
    I think he has a point - the team will be focusing it's limited resources on setting up the car for Valtteri Bottas. It's not deliberate sabotage, just common sense. Unfortunately he doesn't have any talent so can only achieve moderate success within a limited operating window. Look at what a real racer like Alonso can do with a dog of a car and you get an idea of what a talentless twat he is ...

There's no justice is a guy like Maldonado gets a drive and Paul Di Resta gets kicked out [as is being rumoured]. The first has money and no talent the second has talent but no money. The sport will quickly before the preserve of the wealthy playboy driver.

I'm surprised there's no interest from Mercedes in Di Resta.
    My V key is broken

Funnily enough, I've never rated Di Resta at all. I feel he's just been average.

Kovaleinen is the one who deserves a decent car in my view. Be interested to see how he does in Austin.

• Funnily enough, I've never rated Di Resta at all. I feel he's just been average.

Kovaleinen is the one who deserves a decent car in my view. Be interested to see how he does in Austin.

Yeah. DiResta is ok but not really any better than Sutil over 2 seasons, so not worth top teams chasing. Grosjean, Hulkenberg and Kovalienen are definitely my top 3 of the current non-top-team drivers. Admittedly RoGro is in a top team but hasn't fully stepped out of Kimi's shadow yet. 
    Heikki was disappointing at McLaren
    My V key is broken
    Another boring race. The FIA needs to look long and hard at F1 when a fast driver like Lewis Hamilton is forced to back off for most of a race to protect his tyres from overheating. Alain Prost thinks this will be worse next year with the added dimension of fuel conservation forcing drivers to be cautious in the early stages.

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Recorded then deleted did not bother to watch knew it would be like that

If I'd paid to see that race, I'd be demanding a refund. Shockingly boring. It was like no-one was bothered.