The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25568
    Cols said:
    I don't see RB taking Perez - he was far too aggressive wheel-bashing with Ocon as a teammate and that's the last thing they need! 
    He’s behaved himself around Stroll so far.  

I believe that previously he felt empowered to drive his team mates off the road as his hefty sponsorship insulated him from disciplinary measures being taken by the team.  He’s bright enough to know that he can’t nerf the son of the team owner off the track and get away with it.

Same would apply for RB; it’s clear that Max is The Chosen One, and challenging him will not be tolerated by team management.

Just like when Senna knew his place at McLaren when Prost was the chosen one.

Oh. Never mind.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7727
    That’s the first time I’ve seen Perez likened to Senna...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Cols said:
    That’s the first time I’ve seen Perez likened to Senna...

I can't see Perez ever getting close enough to Max to cause him a problem ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    No driver arriving at a new team has ever listened to any order to know his place.

PC_Dave said:
    Both Grosjean and Magnussen to leave Haas at the end of the season.
    According to Grosjean, Gene Haas told him:  “For financial reasons, I need both of you out.”

That suggests that both drivers in the new lineup will have to bring significant backing, which rules out Hulkenberg.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    Cols said:
    PC_Dave said:
    According to Grosjean, Gene Haas told him:  “For financial reasons, I need both of you out.”

That suggests that both drivers in the new lineup will have to bring significant backing, which rules out Hulkenberg.
    So Perez and Mazepin for a big spending push before 2022?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Cols said:
    PC_Dave said:

So Perez and Mazepin for a big spending push before 2022?
    Perez might find himself in an interesting situation then if both Williams and Haas want him.

And there’s always the sniff of a Red Bull seat; Marko has mentioned Perez and Hulkenberg as candidates if Albon doesn’t pull his socks up.  And Red Bull would probably appreciate Perez’s sponsors seeing the Aston Martin title sponsorship is gone at the end of the year.  

But he’d probably need to wait until the season’s over before that one shakes out.  Decisions, decisions...
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8104
    Seems like Vitaly Petrov needs to have a coke and a smile and stfu 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    And there’s always the sniff of a Red Bull seat; Marko has mentioned Perez and Hulkenberg as candidates if Albon doesn’t pull his socks up.  And Red Bull would probably appreciate Perez’s sponsors seeing the Aston Martin title sponsorship is gone at the end of the year.  

But he’d probably need to wait until the season’s over before that one shakes out.  Decisions, decisions...

And they might have an engine to fund if they do a deal with Honda ...

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Well, whatever, it's Portimao this weekend. Pretty sure I don't recall any F1 races there before, so what's the general consensus?

Well, whatever, it's Portimao this weekend. Pretty sure I don't recall any F1 races there before, so what's the general consensus?
    Seems fairly old-school & lots of elevation changes -  the drivers have been making similar noises in the buildup as they did before Mugello so hopefully we'll get a bit of unpredictability like we did there. 
  • Just watching the early stages of Friday practice. The track looks like a proper rollercoaster, the elevation changes look pretty wild just watching them on camera. Can't even imagine how it would feel in an F1 car, must be mega!

Brand new track surface looks pretty darned slippy so far which could spice things up, though it will probably have 'rubbered in' a fair bit by Sunday afternoon.
    Circuit looks great.  Hopefully it’s not just a one-off appearance on the calendar.

Verstappen and Stroll have just taken each other out in FP2, the stewards will want a word.
    Cols said:
    Circuit looks great.  Hopefully it’s not just a one-off appearance on the calendar.

Verstappen and Stroll have just taken each other out in FP2, the stewards will want a word.

Verstappen's fault ... red mist time ..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    Cols said:

Petrov is the driver steward this weekend.  Given his recent controversial comments, he’ll probably give Stroll a 3 race ban for turning up in a pink race suit.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Stroll and Verstappen cleared by the stewards.

Stroll and Verstappen cleared by the stewards.

Seems fair. Max shouldn’t have assumed he had priority; Lance shouldn’t have turned in on him
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8104
    Cols said:
    Fretwired said:
    Cols said:

Petrov is the driver steward this weekend.  Given his recent controversial comments, he’ll probably give Stroll a 3 race ban for turning up in a pink race suit.
    Petrov should have been fired the moment he opened his mouth
    Red ones are better. 
    125 laps were deleted in Friday practice for exceeding track limits.

In advance of qualifying, track authorities are digging up the runoff areas on the outside of turns 1, 4 and 15 and replacing them with deep crocodile-filled pits.