The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7299
    That’s great news!  Wonder if Mr Saturday can keep up his unbroken qualifying streak?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So what are the bets that he beats Bottas?

• AMAZING news. I had a feeling they'd be trying to get him otherwise they'd have announce Stoffel within an hour of Hamilton's Covid news.

I'm a little sad for Williams as it'll mean they stand almost no chance of points this year, but great for Aitken and outstanding for George. 

It's such an obvious PR win for Williams - it might even lead to them having a proven race winner in the car next year :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I wonder how easy is it to adjust the style and switch from the worst car to the best? 
  • I wonder how easy is it to adjust the style and switch from the worst car to the best? 
    He's been in the Merc sim quite a lot already and tested for them a couple of times last year (including at least one day toping the timesheets) so I think he'll be ok. He just has to stay calm and not get into any scrapes and he should be fine. He's naturally really quick and the car is easy to drive, which should help that calmness come. 

And bare in mind 2019 was actually the first time he *wasn't* racing at the front for a long time - he won both F3 and F2 on his first try...
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 367
    I genuinely didn’t think we’d get him. I am happy we did though. As I’d like to see George in our car anyway. As with the Hamilton news yesterday and most announcements from work. I got an email from them about 5 minutes before it was made public knowledge. 
    I do wonder with Bottas though. That it will be on his mind if George beats him. His days are numbered. Bottas is more used to the car, but when he’s under pressure he can over try and clock it up from time to time. So who knows. I think as long a George can live with Bottas, I think that’s all Toto will need to see!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • And in news that is completely overshadowed by Russell, Mick Schumacher will be in the other Haas next year. I just hope they can give him a solid enough car that he isn't constantly at the back. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24878
    Facebook into conspiracy mode!

A good showing from George will mean that Hamilton's contract won't be renewed for next year and GS will become team leader immediately....

nobbers.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6308
    Facebook into conspiracy mode!

A good showing from George will mean that Hamilton's contract won't be renewed for next year and GS will become team leader immediately....

nobbers.

George Soros? Is there nothing that he won't meddle with? 

/s
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Great news, I've been hoping for that but I didn't think it would ever happen!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Naturally!  One good weekend will easily outweigh seven world championships and 95 wins.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    The George Russell drive appears to me to be very neatly choreographed.

• Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    I'm really happy about Russel getting a go in a Mercedes! Good luck to him and hope he gets on the podium!
  • The George Russell drive appears to me to be very neatly choreographed.
    Would not be surprised if there has been an agreement in place for a long time should something happen to LH or VB
    The George Russell drive appears to me to be very neatly choreographed.
    Not to me.
    Toto asked Williams to release him for next season and Williams said no. But that was under the old ownership.

But then again - anything can look neatly choreographed when several million dollars are involved!

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1466
    markr76 said:
    That it will be on his mind if George beats him.

Surely they'll want Bottas to secure him 2nd in the drivers championship?  I can't see George beating Bottas on a first outing in the car anyway, but in the event he's in front, surely they'll move him out of the way?
    Dodge said:
    markr76 said:

Surely they'll want Bottas to secure him 2nd in the drivers championship?  I can't see George beating Bottas on a first outing in the car anyway, but in the event he's in front, surely they'll move him out of the way?
    Deffo.

Constructions and 1 and 2 in the drivers is the perfect score really. 

• markr76markr76 Frets: 367
    Dodge said:
    markr76 said:

Deffo.

Constructions and 1 and 2 in the drivers is the perfect score really. 
    Surely they would have told Hamilton to chill out a bit then after winning the championship. 
    They might tell George to move over if it was tight. But if Bottas was playing with the midfield like he has the last few races. Then it won’t happen. I don’t think George will be as strong as Bottas on his first outing, thought I don’t think there will be that much in it at all. The car will be new to him verses Bottas who knows the car well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I just found out (having watched highlights only and fast forwarded past the red flagged interval) that the damaged Armco from Grosjean’s crash was replaced with... concrete blocks.  REALLY?!

I’m beginning to suspect that Michael Masi isn’t that fond of F1 drivers.