Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Wow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    edited June 2021
    Great result for Checo, and absolute class for Seb - felt like the old days

Somehow feeling sorry for Lewis AND Max - I wasn't expecting that !!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4264
    There will be some big hangovers in the paddock tomorrow morning I reckon! :lol: 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    I had to go sit a dark room for a while.  

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7768
    Holy fuck. Just watched the whole race on recording (my Mum was here on her first visit in an age) 

wow 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ColsCols Frets: 7301
    Hats off to Bottas for finishing ahead of Hamilton ;)

Lewis is blaming his lockup on accidentally flicking a switch in the cockpit which “basically switches the brakes off”.  Why the fuck would you have a switch which does that?  What next, an ejector seat button right beside the gearshift paddle?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    edited June 2021
    Cols said:
    Hats off to Bottas for finishing ahead of Hamilton

Lewis is blaming his lockup on accidentally flicking a switch in the cockpit which “basically switches the brakes off”.  Why the fuck would you have a switch which does that?  What next, an ejector seat button right beside the gearshift paddle?
    Apparently it shifts the brake bias 100% to the fronts so that on warm up laps the brakes get very hot and that heat is transferred to the tyres to ensure they stay warm.  Its a clever idea, but stupid design if it can be knocked on accidentally.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6888
    Cols said:

Apparently it shifts the brake bias 100% to the fronts so that on warm up laps the brakes get very hot and that heat is transferred to the tyres to ensure they stay warm.  Its a clever idea, but stupid design if it can be knocked on accidentally.
    Seems mad thats so easy when it takes about 5 minutes for them to get it into reverse mode lol.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    skunkwerx said:
    Cols said:

Seems mad thats so easy when it takes about 5 minutes for them to get it into reverse mode lol.. 
    Now, accidentally flicking it into reverse while screaming into the first corner would be interesting…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891
    By the next race the telemetry back to the pits will show the brake balance switch as a safety issue.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited June 2021
    My wife has just said to me, “Do you think Pirelli will get told off?”

I sure as shit think there’ll be some serious discussions about their tyre performance.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7768
    edited June 2021
    In fast jet cockpits they call this a “switch pigs” - pilots with huge experience very rarely do a thing where their brain runs through a checklist and does one thing and their fingers do a different thing. When you ask them afterwards they swear/know/believe they did thing A but the black box says they can only have done thing B. 

It’s one of the reasons in nuclear reactor operations they do things like say aloud “I am about to turn knob A to position 6” - then if someone sees them reach for knob C they can point it out before something hot and smelly happens. 

Hard in an F1 cockpit thought 
    Red ones are better. 
  • I for one loved the drama.

Pirelli do need to sort their shit out though. It's like nothing has changed since Silverstone.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    Best Race of the season so far IMO (either that or it was just better than Monaco)

Nice to see Seb have a bit of luck and his banter with the lady from Sky when she spoke to him over the radio was quite funny.

Sergio drove really well all weekend and whilst his result was sort of spoilt with all the drama (2nd would have been great!!), I can't think of a more deserving win - and all in a car with hydraulic problems that was on the verge of being retired!!!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12521
    I didn’t realise Perez had hydraulic issues, I did wonder why they were shouting at him to switch off the car as soon as he’d crossed the line. 

Great race, all be it for all the wrong reasons. Good to hear the other drivers getting angry about the tyre problems. Someone at Pirelli needs their arse booted, both those blow outs could’ve had tragic results. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891
    boogieman said:
    I didn’t realise Perez had hydraulic issues, I did wonder why they were shouting at him to switch off the car as soon as he’d crossed the line. 

Great race, all be it for all the wrong reasons. Good to hear the other drivers getting angry about the tyre problems. Someone at Pirelli needs their arse booted, both those blow outs could’ve had tragic results. 
    They are saying it was debris at the moment.

Wouldn't be the first time that a track has a sharp but on it somewhere. In which case it will the track owners fault.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Bottas’s Monaco pit stop shenanigans?  Partly his own fault for being 2cm off his marks, according to Toto.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-wolff-valtteri-bottas-wheel-nut/

Lewis accidentally setting his brake bias fully forward and going sailing off into the scenery at Baku?  No, Lewis didn’t make a mistake, according to Toto.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-wolff-lewis-hamilton-baku-restart/

#doublestandards
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited June 2021
    Excellent race - looks like Perez is getting to understand his car - he had great race pace. Bottas is going backwards and Mercedes scored no points. I wonder if Wolff will be forced into calling Russell?

Looks like Vestappen is getting to Hamilton - a rare mistake made under pressure.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Cols said:
    Bottas’s Monaco pit stop shenanigans?  Partly his own fault for being 2cm off his marks, according to Toto.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-wolff-valtteri-bottas-wheel-nut/

Lewis accidentally setting his brake bias fully forward and going sailing off into the scenery at Baku?  No, Lewis didn’t make a mistake, according to Toto.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-wolff-lewis-hamilton-baku-restart/

#doublestandards

Toto obviously didn't listen to Lewis who admitted it was his fault - he apologised to the team for his cock-up.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    Fretwired said:
    Excellent race - looks like Perez is getting to understand his car - he had great race pace. Bottas is going backwards and Mercedes scored no points. I wonder if Wolff will be forced into calling Russell?

Looks like Vestappen is getting to Hamilton - a rare mistake made under pressure.
    Not this season, but if they don't sign him for '22 I'll eat something inappropriate. 

Hamilton will bounce back - he usually makes no more than 2 mistakes in a season, and he's usually at his best when in a corner. There's only 4 points in it, Max didn't score at Baku, and Singapore is cancelled and likely replaced by another COTA race, which plays to Lewis's hands. 

My money is still on Lewis, but it's looking like being the first genuinely close fight since 2012 :D :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires