The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    Red Bull PR Director be like “ok, tie Helmut up and shut him in a dark room til Tuesday”
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited September 2021
    Great for McLaren, Ricciardo and Norris. Good to see them back. Norris is aggressive but clean - great racing. And the McLarens were ahead of Max and Lewis on the track before Max and Lewis crashed.

Another Max red mist moment ... Horner looked worried in his interview.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Great for McLaren, Ricciardo and Norris. Good to see them back. Norris is aggressive but clean - great racing. And the McLarens were ahead of Max and Lewis on the track before Max and Lewis crashed.

Yep. The fact that Horner and Max have both been so quiet in the interviews speaks volumes imo
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited September 2021
    Fretwired said:

Yep. The fact that Horner and Max have both been so quiet in the interviews speaks volumes imo

I agree. Max should have tucked up behind Lewis and got a slipstream down the straight. His tyres and brakes were up to temp while Lewis had only just come out of the pits. Max would have overtaken Lewis. An error of judgement by Max IMHO.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What’s with Max’s tyre spinning up after landing on top of Lewis?
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    Max expects to be left room and yields none.  He had nowhere near enough overlap to be entitled to space around the outside of the first part, and drove off the road rather than giving it up.  It was then inevitable that the sausage kerb would bounce him across the road and into Lewis' car.

He and RBR literally seem to think that they have some divine right to beat Mercedes/Lewis and everyone should just stand aside so that they can do that or else they'll be really upset with you!
    The press and social media are going nuts .. the Daily Fail frontpage

What’s with Max’s tyre spinning up after landing on top of Lewis?
    Max gunning it to try and drive off of the Merc. Luckily the other side didn’t spin (broken diff probably) 
    Red ones are better. 
    Ouch .. Max's wheel hits Ham's head .. saved by the Halo ...

Max blamed - three place grid drop and two points on his licence.

• 3 place grid drop for Max.
    Helmut trying to escape his restraints as we speak… 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I called it a racing incident, but who am I to argue with the stewards.  They clearly could see things I couldn't.

I called it a racing incident, but who am I to argue with the stewards.  They clearly could see things I couldn't.

You can't argue with that - seems fair and accurate to me. No wonder Horner and Verstappen were sombre in their respective interviews on Sky F1.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    edited September 2021
    I think this and silverstone were max’s fault but both racing incidents. At least the stewards are trying to be consistent with blame and penalties.

Max fans will no doubt be foaming at the unfairness of 3 places vs 10 seconds for a race Ham won anyway
    I think this and silverstone were max’s fault but both racing incidents. At least the stewards are trying to be consistent with blame and penalties.

Max fans will no doubt be foaming at the unfairness of 3 places vs 10 seconds for a race Ham won anyway

Verstappen fans will no doubt take to social media moaning about Hamilton. Damon Hill and Ralf Schumacher think what Max did was deliberate - he'd either get through or crash with Lewis. The red mist descended. Maybe Max has a major weakness - a rush of blood to the head which impairs his judgement.

• I think this and silverstone were max’s fault but both racing incidents. At least the stewards are trying to be consistent with blame and penalties.

Crofty said 3 places was viewed as the same as 10 seconds. Time penalty Couldn’t be imposed in the race this time so this is the alternative.
  • I think this and silverstone were max’s fault but both racing incidents. At least the stewards are trying to be consistent with blame and penalties.

Crofty said 3 places was viewed as the same as 10 seconds. Time penalty Couldn’t be imposed in the race this time so this is the alternative.
    Of course. *I* understand that. I just don’t think the Maxolytes will!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5765
    The move was a little optimistic, as best. And Lewis could have given him another couple of tyre widths. That’s all small beans really. What upset me was that Max could park his car on Lewis’ head and not even glance to check he was okay as he flounced off. I know Lewis can be every bit as much the arrogant pouty prick as Max but I’d still make sure I hadn’t injured him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom