The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    dazzajl said:
    The move was a little optimistic, as best. And Lewis could have given him another couple of tyre widths. That’s all small beans really. What upset me was that Max could park his car on Lewis’ head and not even glance to check he was okay as he flounced off. I know Lewis can be every bit as much the arrogant pouty prick as Max but I’d still make sure I hadn’t injured him. 

I'm not a Max fan but he's not a fault here. Hamilton was trying to reverse out of the gravel so Max wouldn't want to go anywhere near the Mercedes. He could also see Hamilton was moving. Max probably thought the best thing to do was get out of there ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajl said:
    The move was a little optimistic, as best. And Lewis could have given him another couple of tyre widths. That’s all small beans really. What upset me was that Max could park his car on Lewis’ head and not even glance to check he was okay as he flounced off. I know Lewis can be every bit as much the arrogant pouty prick as Max but I’d still make sure I hadn’t injured him. 
    I think it was more than optimistic, he’d been past by Hamilton.  He had the speed and warm car but there was nothing for him to go to.  Hamilton went after the white line and got straight on the racing line.  I think he needed to sit behind and be patient but he went for an opportunity that wasn’t there.  
  • dazzajl said:
    Yeah, especially with all the song and dance he made about Hamilton celebrating while he was on his deathbed in hospital at Silverstone. Not very classy. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7432
    Fretwired said:
    dazzajl said:

I'm not a Max fan but he's not a fault here. Hamilton was trying to reverse out of the gravel so Max wouldn't want to go anywhere near the Mercedes. He could also see Hamilton was moving. Max probably thought the best thing to do was get out of there ..

I actually think what he did was doubly weird - agree he saw he was trying to reverse, and then walked into the track behind the Merc 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7016
    Cols said:
    And i have to hope that the race is a bit more interesting.  
    I wouldn’t hold my breath; Monza’s got a great atmosphere, but the track normally produces a tedious race.  

Well, this aged badly.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Max is quickly becoming a most odious individual. His temperament and behaviours both classless and lacking in decency
  • Cols said:
    Cols said:
    And i have to hope that the race is a bit more interesting.  
    I wouldn’t hold my breath; Monza’s got a great atmosphere, but the track normally produces a tedious race.  

Well, this aged badly.
    Yer, I usually schedule in a 20 minute nap during the Monza GP, i had to skip it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simonh said:
    Max is quickly becoming a most odious individual. His temperament and behaviours both classless and lacking in decency
    Its an interesting contrast to Vettel who is coming across this year as a nice chap.

• SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Must be driving talent thing, as the talent wains the decency goes up?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    I think Max is learning the hard way that Lewis isn't going to yield just because it's Max.

• ColsCols Frets: 7016
    Both Wolff and Hill have labelled Verstappen’s move a professional foul.  He’s come out of it well with his points lead intact at a race Merc were expected to win, and a modest 3 place grid drop at Sochi.

Surprised there wasn’t more fallout from trying to spin up his rear wheels while one of them was sitting on top of the Merc’s cockpit.
  • Never mind about all this, my Fantasy F1 standing has just taken a big hit and I'm back to bloody 12th place!

• That's funny.

As Kubica has done better than Mazespin, Maz is now in place 21 in a 20 driver championship!

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2021/drivers.html

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's funny.

As Kubica has done better than Mazespin, Maz is now in place 21 in a 20 driver championship!

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2021/drivers.html

That's hilarious .. :-)

edited September 2021
    Stories today about Liberty Media being in the mood to sell and Saudi Arabia being in the mood to buy. 

A step in the wrong direction? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5761
    TimmyO said:
    Stories today about Liberty Media being in the mood to sell and Saudi Arabia being in the mood to buy. 

Yes, I think it would be.
  • Saudi's sportwashing again.

I keep hoping we get a couple of race winning women in F1. Would do wonders for that part of the world and their women can't drive bullshit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Saudi's sportwashing again.

I keep hoping we get a couple of race winning women in F1. Would do wonders for that part of the world and their women can't drive bullshit.

Saudi women can drive .. so long as their husband/guardian agrees ... :-)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/24/world/middleeast/saudi-driving-ban-anniversary.html

TimmyO said:

Liberty Media were never in F1 for the long haul .. I suspect F1 politics, Covid and attacks from the eco brigade have made them consider serious offers. Saudi ownership could be good as they'd pump some serious money into the sport which may attract the likes of VW/Audi Group with their Porsche brand.

Maybe the Taliban can scrape enough together - be good for their image 
    Red ones are better.