The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14431
    edited May 1 tFB Trader
    Wow - time flies by - Just seen on Tributes within FB that it is 30 years ago today that Senna died and off course we lost Roland over the same weekend - I recall the weekend and the race and what a tragic weekend - IMO the greatest driver, by some distance - I've only really shown a token gesture in F1 since then - Far more of a solitary procession these days for one team/driver or another

Thanks Ayrton for so many great moments
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 942
    Cols said: 

It’s reported that Newey is yet to tender his resignation and that Red Bull are attempting to renegotiate his contract to stave off a departure.  In the meantime, Newey’s wife Amanda has apparently been looking at houses in Italy.  I reckon it’s done.
    Huge if true!! It's still on my to-do list but I hear Modena is lovely :D 
    I can confirm Modena is lovely having just spent 3 days there. Also visited the Ferrari Museum in Marenello - a tad extortionate at €27 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27259
    Meanwhile Ferrari are doing their best to make their cars look stupid

And RB have actually made theirs look ace! 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7115
    RB certainly did a better job on the livery.  The questionable motivation, not so much.

Ferrari
    The light blue of Azzurro La Plata was Argentina's official race colour in the Fifties, similar to the one that Italy's Alberto Ascari favoured and used regularly in his most successful years on track. Ascari tackled the Indianapolis 500 Miles in a Ferrari 375 Special, built specifically for the race, with a blue nose section. In the Sixties, Surtees, Lorenzo Bandini, Ludovico Scarfiotti and Chris Amon all wore blue suits, as did Niki Lauda in his first year with the Scuderia. 

The other Ferrari colour making a comeback in Miami is Azzurro Dino, a much brighter blue that found favour with several Scuderia drivers, most notably Arturo Merzario and Clay Regazzoni.

RB
    The team say the “oil slick” look was inspired by a fusion of the colours associated with the Florida city of Miami and the colour tones on the Cash App Visa Chameleon Card.”

Of course, given that Ferrari’s new title sponsor is Hewlett Packard their motives for choosing blue themes may be less than pure.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ferrari looks fractionally better in real life

It's moot for me as the race is at midnight my time. Will catch the highlights at some point on Monday I guess

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7578

It's moot for me as the race is at midnight my time. Will catch the highlights at some point on Monday I guess

Nah - it’s very late-80s-early-90s  style-void looking to me. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:

Nah - it’s very late-80s-early-90s  style-void looking to me. 
    Hey, I didn’t say “good”, just “better”…
    It’s what every driver dreams of as a boy, signing for Ferrari, pulling on the famous, err, wedgewood blue? race suit. 

It’s definitely to do with erm Argentinian racing heritage, and definitely not with the closest web-safe Pantone shade to a corporate sponsor’s 200 page brand guidelines doc. 

Brought to you buy the Neva-Dry(tm)* Printer Ink Ferrari racing team. 

* “may sometimes be dry.  Valid credit card to be held on file at all times or your printer may be remotely disabled. HP - driving progress.”
    Red ones are better. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    It’s what every driver dreams of as a boy, signing for Ferrari, pulling on the famous, err, wedgewood blue? race suit. 

It’s definitely to do with erm Argentinian racing heritage, and definitely not with the closest web-safe Pantone shade to a corporate sponsor’s 200 page brand guidelines doc. 

* “may sometimes be dry.  Valid credit card to be held on file at all times or your printer may be remotely disabled. HP - driving progress.”
    Oh god do you think they're going to have to worry about running out of yellow toner as well as fuel and tyres now?! 
    TimmyO said:

Oh god do you think they're going to have to worry about running out of yellow toner as well as fuel and tyres now?! 
    They are checking
    Red ones are better. 
    Clogged printer head for Leclerc in practice 
    Red ones are better. 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1517
    edited May 3
    Zak Brown: “Adrian Whoey?”

…spoken too soon
    Just Black Flag magnussen 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24662
    Should we send him a T shirt?

• mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 507
    Oh dear, that was dull. Thank heavens for the ffwd button ☹️ made worse by the great child man coming 4th
    Boring spring, boring quali. 

And I see Alonso is making a big fuss of Ham not getting a penalty to try and make Lance look like clumsy...
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4205
    If you re-watch the Stroll/Alonso/Hamilton incident, Lance turned in on both of them 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    sweepy said:
    If you re-watch the Stroll/Alonso/Hamilton incident, Lance turned in on both of them 

Literally just come here to say that Lance turned in on Fernando before Lewis got there - the FIA statement actually says that, but no-one seems to be picking it up.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

sweepy said:

Literally just come here to say that Lance turned in on Fernando before Lewis got there - the FIA statement actually says that, but no-one seems to be picking it up.
    Yep, the accident was already happening before Lewis made any contact. He made it worse by going for a gap that was absolutely disappear due to that contact, but you can’t lay the primary blame at his feet. 
  • Get in there Lando! Got a bit lucky with the SC timing, but still executed everything perfectly. Fully deserved and long overdue!

Excellent race throughout, thoroughly enjoyed it!