The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    Oh Dear Me Max, nevermind, thats their tactics screwed for the race  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8828
    tFB Trader
    The max fans around me haven’t realised RB were both on the softy in Q2…
    Max did a 1m 22.8 there, he was on softs? Lewis did a 1m 22.8 in Q1, presumably not on softs?
  • The max fans around me haven’t realised RB were both on the softy in Q2…
    Max did a 1m 22.8 there, he was on softs? Lewis did a 1m 22.8 in Q1, presumably not on softs?
    Yeah Lewis was on yellow mediums for q1 and q2. 

Looks like Max quicker with a tow. Let’s see if Bottas can lend a hand one last time 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Advantage Red Bull .. great strategy .. will the soft tyres last? Max will fly off the line ... race on.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8828
    tFB Trader
    Looks like Mercedes are planning to go long in the first stint? I think max will burn those softs out quickly trying to get a lead built up. And I’d guess that RB’s strategy hinges on Max’s tyre management 
    Looks like Mercedes are planning to go long in the first stint? I think max will burn those softs out quickly trying to get a lead built up. And I’d guess that RB’s strategy hinges on Max’s tyre management 

Marko will probably call in a favour from the junior team to trigger a safety car ... :-)

• Its going to be an interesting strategy battle tomorrow.  I suspect that Lewis will stay close to Max throughout the first stint and then make some ground with the longer running when Max has to pit.  Its going to be close all the way.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 222
    edited December 2021
    Wow, I did not see that coming! Max was just flying. I wonder whether Hamilton's final run wasn't good as his first run kinda sucked too. Hamilton starting on mediums with Norris, Perez and Sainz on softs behind him. It will be an incredibly exciting race if those drivers get past Hamilton after the start.... 
  • Don’t forget Lewis kept up with Max last week for 30 odd Laos on a harder tyre. Those softs won’t last anywhere near as long
    edited December 2021
    Don’t forget Lewis kept up with Max last week for 30 odd Laos on a harder tyre. Those softs won’t last anywhere near as long

That may not happen this week - Red Bull have changed their downforce level and gone for a skinny wing. They will be very fast.

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6516
    Got to be impressed with the RB effort. And - once again - disappointed with Mercedes' efforts to get Bottas involved in any strategic way. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    Fretwired said:
    Don’t forget Lewis kept up with Max last week for 30 odd Laos on a harder tyre. Those softs won’t last anywhere near as long

That may not happen this week - Red Bull have changed their downforce level and gone for a skinny wing. They will be very fast.
    Less downforce tends to eat tyres as they overheat and slip, Lewis has the slight advantage on Race day imho
    sweepy said:
    Fretwired said:

Less downforce tends to eat tyres as they overheat and slip, Lewis has the slight advantage on Race day imho

Hamilton will have an advantage on the hard tyre .. that seems to be a tyre that favours the Mercedes and Hamilton's driving style.  Winning will depend on whether the soft tyre cars behind Hamilton jump him at the start. Following a bunch of faster cars in hot dirty air will damage Hamilton's tyres.

• ColsCols Frets: 7702
    The charming Mazepin is out of the race weekend; tested positive for COVID. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited December 2021
    Indeed. Perhaps reduces the likelihood of a race defining red flag. It seems a bit bureaucratic that Haas aren’t allowed to field another driver.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7702
    simonk said:
    Indeed. Perhaps reduces the likely hood of a race defining red flag. It seems a bit bureaucratic that Haas aren’t allowed to field another driver.
    I can’t see how it would be allowed.  Fittipaldi hasn’t done a single lap through the weekend, so it can’t be argued that he’s qualified to race.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited December 2021
    Cols said:
    simonk said:
    Indeed. Perhaps reduces the likely hood of a race defining red flag. It seems a bit bureaucratic that Haas aren’t allowed to field another driver.
    I can’t see how it would be allowed.  Fittipaldi hasn’t done a single lap through the weekend, so it can’t be argued that he’s qualified to race.
    I know, you’re right of course. Be good to see Piastri in there though.

Fitipaldi has a fractured heel anyhow.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Cols said:
    The charming Mazepin is out of the race weekend; tested positive for COVID. 
    A false positive conspiracy to avoid him taking out Max and Lewis when they lap him within 10! :D 

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    edited December 2021
    I think Max is going to do it.

It's not what I want but it will really help my Fantasy F1 team!!

Most annoyingly my 2nd Team would have seen me 2nd in the Fantasy standings right now with 3713.5

The team in the Fretboard league only has 3458 (3rd) - no chance of catching the top, but plenty of chance to drop down the order!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Yeah, sadly it was after quali so noone else gets a chance. Would have been great to see Piastri get a drive, even if at the back