The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• euaneuan Frets: 1587
    A lot of this is pressure on the FIA to deal with Verstappen's style of "racing". The FIA and Liberty want to prolong Hamilton's exit from the sport for as long as possible until they can have a star who even orbits his calibre
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euan said:
    A lot of this is pressure on the FIA to deal with Verstappen's style of "racing". The FIA and Liberty want to prolong Hamilton's exit from the sport for as long as possible until they can have a star who even orbits his calibre
    Could be waiting a while.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I guess we'll never know.

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6283
    New FIA President showing how F1 should be done:

• SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Max comes out at No 3 in the list of most damage caused by crashes this year behind Mick Schumacher and Leclerk, even mazepin was only no 8!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6988
    goldtop said:
    New FIA President showing how F1 should be done:

Wow, he was doing fine until he tried to shift into second gear ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 215
    Simonh said:
    Max comes out at No 3 in the list of most damage caused by crashes this year behind Mick Schumacher and Leclerk, even mazepin was only no 8!
    And yet he became world champion and Mazepin finished bone last... what a shame  ;)
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4621
    Simonh said:
    is that including practice and quali or just in races ??
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5761
    Simonh said:
    Saw this earlier on Twitter - Spa ‘21 is a joke that just keeps on giving! Pathetic!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Before I make any comment I'd like to know how much money the circuit made after paying to host the GP.

• Latifi has stepped away from the socials after a multitude of death threats following the AD race. Poor sod.

As for the Spa thing, I hope any circuits negotiating new deals ask for something to fix this sort of shit if F1 can't manage to put on a show. Maybe they just need a bunch of roadgoing cars that the drivers can be given that works in the wet. I'd be quite happy to see them in a grid full of 911s or Lotuses...!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6283
    Latifi has stepped away from the socials after a multitude of death threats following the AD race. Poor sod.

As for the Spa thing, I hope any circuits negotiating new deals ask for something to fix this sort of shit if F1 can't manage to put on a show. Maybe they just need a bunch of roadgoing cars that the drivers can be given that works in the wet. I'd be quite happy to see them in a grid full of 911s or Lotuses...!
    As you wish:

Some upstart won that one.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1327
    It really just underlines the level of short sightedness and disdain that F1 as an organisation has for the plebs in the stands.  

The way races have been run this year is tarnishing the sport.  The fact that Spa went the way it did is just desperate, and there are several occasions since that follow suit to lesser but no less significant extents.

• @goldtop yeah that's the stuff. Now work out a way to do it every time it's too wet to race F1 cars. And preferably in a way that can clear the track enough that they can then go and have an F1 race afterwards. 

Trouble is I suspect there's too much money in the sport from manufacturers to allow a similar thing. Whatever road car you picked you can't imagine getting Mercedes, McLaren, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Renault and Alfa all happy to see their drivers in it. Unless they went for something that's dead and gone.

Saab revival??

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited December 2021
    Rather watch this tbh!..

https://youtu.be/euyrdUVXY-M
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3949
    edited December 2021
  • ColsCols Frets: 7227
    Latifi has stepped away from the socials after a multitude of death threats following the AD race. Poor sod.

I can remember Nico Rosberg giving his opinion on how to decide the starting grid after torrential rain at one of the Far East Grand Prix cancelled qualifying.

”Easy”, he said.  “Everyone gets one lap in the safety car from a standing start.  Fastest guy takes pole.”

The lack of refunds for Spa is disappointing, but pretty much as expected.  The whole objective of the farce was to ensure that the money ended up in the right pockets at the end of the weekend.  The FIA get their race fee, the teams get their starting money and Liberty gets their TV money.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4956
    Plus Max gets the title as well due to the Spa debacle, just to rub salt in the wound further. Bastards...

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...