The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Mercedes have officially withdrawn their appeal. 

According to the press, Hamilton put pressure on saying he didn't want to win a championship in a law court. Max will find his win will always be tarnished by what happened on the track and by Spa.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year. Mercedes have had more time and resources invested in the new car and Russell will be better than Bottas - he has the ability to take points from his teammate as well as both Red Bull drivers.

And Ferrari could be back. They have spent most of this year developing their 2022 car and the team has got two excellent drivers. Red Bull and Max could find themselves behind the Mercs and Ferrari ... I'd love to see that .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    Good on Merc for doing the right thing… even if they’d won the appeal I doubt Lewis would’ve just been handed the WDC anyway. Better to make Masi squirm for a bit and have to justify his decisions over the race. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6158
    Now Mercedes have done the right thing (I'm sat on the fence) and the FIA have made noises that a review will take place, Masi needs to do the right thing and hand in his resignation.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6511
    Haych said:
    Now Mercedes have done the right thing (I'm sat on the fence) and the FIA have made noises that a review will take place, Masi needs to do the right thing and hand in his resignation.
    I'd imagine the FIA won't allow him to do that ... at least not until after they release their own report/fix. Most likely they are finding him a job somewhere else, and if he doesn't stay until then he's out on his lonesome.
    edited December 2021
    Interesting .....

Watch to the end .. Toto and Lewis to quit?

And this ...

• SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    What is it about a black turtleneck and a Austrian accent that = supervillan
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    Simonh said:
    And live from his island concrete bunker... all he needs is a pussy cat to stroke.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Simonh said:

Maybe he's planning a change of career and wants to be the next Bond villain who runs a dodgy fizzy drinks company called White Cow that wants to poison the world. Hamilton could be the first black Bond who comes along to thwart him ... :-)

On a serious note, I saw Hamilton was spending time with Wolff's wife at the weekend - how about a switch to Formula E?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7398
    Fretwired said:
    Simonh said:

Maybe he's planning a change of career and wants to be the next Bond villain who runs a dodgy fizzy drinks company called White Cow that wants to poison the world. Hamilton could be the first black Bond who comes along to thwart him ... :-)

On a serious note, I saw Hamilton was spending time with Wolff's wife at the weekend - how about a switch to Formula E?
    He already works for a company thats emitting more emissions into the atmosphere than they should be...
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Fretwired said:
    Simonh said:

FFS, Fret, there’s more than enough conspiracy theories around to last a lifetime without you adding to them!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6158
    Simonh said:
    He looked a bit like Hans Gruber to me.  Maybe he'll be in a Christmas action film, Try Hard, where he'll storm Red Bull Towers with a gang of disgruntled racing drivers looking for the WDC trophy.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 410
    mrkb said:
    Fretwired said:
    Simonh said:

He already works for a company thats emitting more emissions into the atmosphere than they should be...
    Have you got some sort of problem with Mercedes? They not let you have a car or something?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    I really really really want LH to get 9 titles now.

I would have liked Merc to have gone to court on it - got a judgment that Masi fucked it up / broke their own rules, and then (the remedy part of the trial would likely be separate) - after that part of the Judgment is done - Merc say, we are not asking for the FIA to change the result.

Put Marko / Horner in a position of keeping the title with the entire world knowing it was wrong, or actually having to volunteer to give it up.

I think I would laugh for an entire year.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    markr76 said:

Have you got some sort of problem with Mercedes? They not let you have a car or something?

My wife drives a Mercedes ... she's had it from new.

I really really really want LH to get 9 titles now.

I would have liked Merc to have gone to court on it - got a judgment that Masi fucked it up / broke their own rules, and then (the remedy part of the trial would likely be separate) - after that part of the Judgment is done - Merc say, we are not asking for the FIA to change the result.

Put Marko / Horner in a position of keeping the title with the entire world knowing it was wrong, or actually having to volunteer to give it up.

I think I would laugh for an entire year.

I agree.

I'd love next season to be a three-way fight between Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren with Max left whinging as he fights Vettel in an Aston Martin ... :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 410
    Fretwired said:
    markr76 said:

I was not referring to you.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    As a side note...

yesterday I had to drop a parcel off to my inlaws.

I grabbed the first available base ball hat on the way out of the house without thinking about it.

It was only when I arrived in Brixworth (only 5 mins from the Merc facility) that I thought I'd probably get my head kicked in wearing a Red Bull hat, even if it was a Seb Vettel one!

So I left it in the car!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28672
    edited December 2021
     I just want Lewis to win one more title under the new regs. Whatever anyone wants to say about dominant machinery and not being able to compare with guys in the old days. 

Winning titles under 3 completely different sets of technical regulations would just be untouchable
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    markr76 said:
    Fretwired said:
    markr76 said:

I was not referring to you.

I know .. I was showing off ... :-)

I don't drive a Mercedes ... :-(

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom