The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    Absolutely. I don't think Lance will give Alonso real competition over a season but he's a quick driver when he keeps it clean. His issues have always been around clumsily running into people - seems he never quite knows where the corners of his car are.
    He seems to overestimate how good his brakes are too. How many times have we seen him go steaming into corners with no hope of scrubbing off enough speed to actually get round them, let alone avoiding ramming into other cars. It’s almost a shame he’s got the AM seat this season rather than a more competent driver who could properly use the car (and yeah I know, it’s all down to daddy’s money that the team are where they are now). 

Otherwise, yup a boring race yesterday. I can’t see anyone challenging Max this season, unless RB start dropping off on reliability. LeClerc must be thinking he’s cursed, I really hope that was just a one-off issue. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2245
     I really hope that was just a one-off issue. 

Ferrari's problem is that all their problems seem to be one offs, so next time it will be something else they didn't anticipate.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1422
    RBR have done a great job at maintaining their advantage, extending it even.

As a race it was a dull affair but that's f1.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6517
    sinbaadi said:

It's amazing what a little extra spending on "catering" can do!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5202
    edited March 2023
    goldtop said:
    sinbaadi said:

It's amazing what a little extra spending on cheating can do!
    Fixed that for you.....

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

goldtop said:
    sinbaadi said:

It's amazing what a little extra spending on "catering" can do!
    RBR and their associated leadership team are a glowing example to anyone interested in motorsport.  They thoroughly deserve all of their success, F1 is what it is because of their tireless efforts, and I wish them well for the future.  
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/news/a-letter-to-the-fans?fbclid=PAAaZ-yJCzUOloEc3IVXpQKxTniIcJV1D-N-nopsZJ98fugzCgECU4TBiI8x4

This is ridiculous.

People get paid to write this crap.

Also I do find the concept of "fans" being upset because Mercedes aren't doing well at formula 1, at the moment, absolutely hilarious.  What exactly are you a fan of?  Go and watch Drive to Survive.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    sinbaadi said:
    https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/news/a-letter-to-the-fans?fbclid=PAAaZ-yJCzUOloEc3IVXpQKxTniIcJV1D-N-nopsZJ98fugzCgECU4TBiI8x4

This is ridiculous.

People get paid to write this crap.

Also I do find the concept of "fans" being upset because Mercedes aren't doing well at formula 1, at the moment, absolutely hilarious.  What exactly are you a fan of?  Go and watch Drive to Survive.

Agreed, cobblers of the highest order.

• DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 4121
    edited March 2023
    Le Clerc with a 10 place grid drop this weekend due to using a 3rd Electrical Unit - you’re only allowed 2 per season and he’s on 3 before the 2nd race!  s

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.ferrari-confirm-charles-leclerc-will-be-hit-with-grid-penalty-for-saudi.2TMC3MUCnDCBgZQahmyLuC.html
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7702
    Le Clerc with a 10 place grid drop this weekend due to using a 3rd Electrical Unit - you’re only allowed 2 per season and he’s on 3 before the 2nd race!  s

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.ferrari-confirm-charles-leclerc-will-be-hit-with-grid-penalty-for-saudi.2TMC3MUCnDCBgZQahmyLuC.html
    Wonder if they’ll take the opportunity to just replace as many engine bits as possible and start from the back?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cols said:

Wonder if they’ll take the opportunity to just replace as many engine bits as possible and start from the back?

Didn't the FIA make a change to the rules to stop this, after Lewis and some other drivers all got like 70-odd place penalties and started from the back of the grid?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ColsCols Frets: 7702

Penalties are given in the following manner: 

• The first time an additional element is used, the driver gets a 10-place grid penalty 
    • The next time an additional element is used, the driver gets a five-place grid penalty 
    • If a driver incurs a penalty exceeding 15 grid places, they will be required to start the race at the back 
    If more than one driver is ‘starting from the back’, order in qualifying applies.
    This feels appropriate. Again. 

I'm never not going to enjoy Max having mechanical issues. But let's be honest he wold've been a clear 0.3s ahead of Perez and almost 0.8s in front of Alonso :/
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3026
    I'm never not going to enjoy Max having mechanical issues. But let's be honest he wold've been a clear 0.3s ahead of Perez and almost 0.8s in front of Alonso :/
    Yer, but he's not so let's enjoy it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2245
    Well that makes tomorrows race  bit more interesting. Verstappen trying to take Alonso could be mint.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    I'm not a Max fan but it will be genuinely exiting watch him come through tomorrow. 

From a McLaren fan perspective: nice by Piastri - seemed to get the full potential of the car? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Despite being a Max fan, and hating mechanical failures, with luck it will provide us with some rather more interesting racing than last time.

The Chilli prediction - 1. Leclerc, 2. Perez, 3. Alonso

Max Fred Checo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom