The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    sinbaadi said:
    AND sprint races…
    They are absolute bollocks.

I'm not sure I agree with this, but I suppose it's all about what you want from your races.  I agree the calendar is excessive, though, but hey ho, highlights more often than not for me these days.
    sinbaadi said:
    AND sprint races…
    They are absolute bollocks.

I'm not sure I agree with this, but I suppose it's all about what you want from your races.  I agree the calendar is excessive, though, but hey ho, highlights more often than not for me these days.
    I enjoy them.because of what MIGHT happen as much as anything else. A bit like Friday nights in your 20s. 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2245
    Since Abu Dhabi's Max/Lewis fiasco I have lost interest in F1, to the extent that I hadn't realised it is Silverstone this weekend.
    I love the place, lived 4 miles away for 20 years and went to 14 GPs there, usually on free passes or working there.
    And I didn't even know it was on.

:-(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cig35Cig35 Frets: 64
    I work every other weekend so end up missing a good chunk of the races and having to watch them on catch up. I also often gig on a Sunday afternoon on my weekends off work so even end up missing some of those ones. 20+ races a year is fine if they could just arrange races every other weekend throughout the year. And then check the Ruby and The Mystery Cats gig calendar to make sure there's no clashes, then that would be splendid! 

Did you notice that the first two races are on Saturday, so that won't disturb your Sunday gigs :o
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Cig35 said:
    I work every other weekend so end up missing a good chunk of the races and having to watch them on catch up. I also often gig on a Sunday afternoon on my weekends off work so even end up missing some of those ones. 20+ races a year is fine if they could just arrange races every other weekend throughout the year. And then check the Ruby and The Mystery Cats gig calendar to make sure there's no clashes, then that would be splendid! 

Did you notice that the first two races are on Saturday, so that won't disturb your Sunday gigs :o
    Yup.

That sucks as well. Bending over backwards for countries that have serious human rights problems.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Cig35 said:

Yup.

That sucks as well. Bending over backwards for countries that have serious human rights problems.
    Not to mention shit race circuits!! :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Is it just me, or does Brundle look particularly pained when taking favourably about the "extras" Americans have bought to sports - like Kiss-Cams and sideshows etc?

With that level of acting he could get a part in Hollyoaks.

Ted for PM!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4404
    Ted for PM!

If ever a post needed a lol and a wis :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    McLaren fans: "That'll do pig, that'll do" 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4404
    Perez is having a nightmare of a season... do we think Danny Ric might get a race this season?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

TimmyO said:
    please be genuine all-round pace and not single-lap or track-specific! 

Perez is having a nightmare of a season... do we think Danny Ric might get a race this season?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7702
    edited July 2023
    Depending on how the Silverstone tyre test goes, and what performance clauses are in Perez’s contract…

I’d guess DR to Red Bull, Perez to AT and De Vries out.

Honestly, dropping out in Q1 while your teammate is easily putting it on pole is embarrassing.  It’s far beyond what Ricciardo was suffering at the hands of Norris last year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    Depending on how the Silverstone tyre test goes, and what performance clauses are in Perez’s contract…

I’d guess DR to Red Bull, Perez to AT and De Vries out.

Honestly, dropping out in Q1 while your teammate is easily putting it on pole is embarrassing.  It’s far beyond what Ricciardo was suffering at the hands of Norris last year.
    Particularly given it's such a dominant car in Max's hands too. It's pretty clear that Checo is overdriving to try and catch up but that just ain't working - we've seen it time and again. The RB internal politik machine won't be helping, I'm sure. But there's no way they'll keep him if he keeps this up. DR to RB, Checo to TR/AT and DeVries out? 
    TimmyO said:
    please be genuine all-round pace and not single-lap or track-specific! 

The main challenge is going to be Lando's amazing first lap place-dropping record... 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4904

Up at 5:45 and at the track gate for 6:15am.
    Already a big queue and by the time.  Gates opened 6:30am.

By the time we got in, most of the prime spots had gone an general admission, there’s only really a few.  That said when stood up we have a good view of Vale and there are big screens we can see.  There’s a real buzz around and F3 is about to start.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I'm moving into the best seat in town where I can see all the action.

My sofa.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4904

My sofa.
    If you want it to feel a bit more like Silverstone, simply get some family members to stand in front of the TV, and somebody to stand by your fridge and charge you £7.50 a pint or £3.90 for a warm coke.  

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

My sofa.
    If you want it to feel a bit more like Silverstone, simply get some family members to stand in front of the TV, and somebody to stand by your fridge and charge you £7.50 a pint or £3.90 for a warm coke.  

With a watering can over your head! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4264
    I live @30 mins from Silverstone and have never been tempted to attend a race there, the coverage is that good, it’s a no brainier to watch at home, pause for drinks, nibbles and toilet etc and not get stuck in the queue ;)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25042
    edited July 2023
    I'm not really a big F1 fan and I've probably never posted in this thread before, but I've just been listening to 5 Live and Jennie Gow is making her return to the commentary team after suffering a stroke last year.  I'm very happy to hear that she's back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom