The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14205
    Lap 52... not exactly been a thriller, has it?
    Boring as shit, we've a'll drifted away from telly and sitting outside in the sunshine in Norfolk wishing it's wasn't raining in Manchester so England could keep The Ashes alive...Verstappen 20+ seconds lead, yawn...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    I was just thinking it wasn’t too bad for Hungary, though admittedly that’s mostly because Russell and Perez were out of position. I hope Norris holds on for 2nd
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    And great to see DR a chunk ahead of Tsunoda even after being at the back after lap one. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    So dull I swapped the bed linen and did the washing up in the middle.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I should probably add I have been playing Zelda in parallel since lap 6
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3026
    I had a snooze for 30 minutes - not a lot appeared to have happened.

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4264
    Hungary, like Monaco needs to be dropped, total snooze fest 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4153

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    Boring race once Max hit the front, which didn’t exactly take long, sigh. Well done Lando though. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1421
    Might be interesting to see if Aston Martin still are able to provide Alonso with a podium capable car.  Feels a little like they've stood still whilst others around have pressed on, RBR included.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7702
    And great to see DR a chunk ahead of Tsunoda even after being at the back after lap one. 
    I did feel DR was very unfortunate to be a victim of Zhou’s bad start and subsequent impromptu game of dodgems which dropped him to the back.  

But there he worryingly stayed for a long time until the pit stop strategies shook out and it transpired that he was babying his tyres to pop him up to 13th.  Good for him to outqualify Tsunoda and finish ahead of him, but it was steady rather than swashbuckling.

Boring as shit, we've a'll drifted away from telly and sitting outside in the sunshine in Norfolk wishing it's wasn't raining in Manchester so England could keep The Ashes alive...Verstappen 20+ seconds lead, yawn...
    It’s a bit of a damning indictment on this season that the mood is “I wish the cricket was on, it would be more exciting than this”.  But yes, the race was done before the first corner after which Max romped off into the distance.
    I don’t think that AT car is capable of delivering swashbuckling…! 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Cols said:
    I did feel DR was very unfortunate to be a victim of Zhou’s bad start and subsequent impromptu game of dodgems which dropped him to the back.  

But there he worryingly stayed for a long time until the pit stop strategies shook out and it transpired that he was babying his tyres to pop him up to 13th.  Good for him to outqualify Tsunoda and finish ahead of him, but it was steady rather than swashbuckling.

That car just isn't capable of overtaking anything on even terms. It would even struggle on fresh softs when the car being attacked was on old hards.

DR just has to keep beating Yuki by as much as possible.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Dear Mr. F1,

Please drop this annual Hungarian bore-fest WEF now. 

Sincerely,

Chilli.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    Dear Mr. F1,

Please drop this annual Hungarian bore-fest WEF now. 

Sincerely,

Chilli.
    Nope, it needs to stay. It’s the only chance Lewis gets to be near the front, or even on pole.  ;)
    It's pissing down in Belgium, as usual. So noone is pushing in FP1. But it's a sprint so that means Quali this afternoon/evening so god knows what will happen. 

Will they get any times on the board? Will they cancel it entirely? Will the race even happen? Will someone die?! These are the questions we apparently still have to worry about at Spa in the 21st century... 
    In other news, Otmar & Alan Permane are both leaving Alpine on Monday. What's the betting Renault HQ sells the team (again) in the near future?

And Pat Fry is Williams' new CTO, which could be great for both parties. 
    It's pissing down in Belgium, as usual. So noone is pushing in FP1. But it's a sprint so that means Quali this afternoon/evening so god knows what will happen. 
    FIA has confirmed that if it’s too wet for qualifying then the grid will be set in championship order.  

Which is great news for Perez, as he won’t have the mental stress of qualifying and, even better, Max is getting a 5 place grid drop.  Pole for Sergio if it continues to lash down.
  • Seems ok at the minute for the F2 qualy. It's at that tantalising "who's got the balls to try it on slicks?" drying track stage.
    In other news, Otmar & Alan Permane are both leaving Alpine on Monday. What's the betting Renault HQ sells the team (again) in the near future?

And Pat Fry is Williams' new CTO, which could be great for both parties. 
    I’m wondering if losing Pat Fry to Williams was the last straw for Otmar’s career, or if it’s rats/sinking ship.