The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Crikey - and we thought the Damian Lewis anthem was a bit much! That looked mimed to anyone else?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1580
    We have the Americans to blame for this national anthem nonsense. Hmmm nice outfit!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Why haven't they chucked DRS out yet?

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    FFS.

Guess who put Piastri in their Fantasy team this week, and dropped Alonso?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Absolute shocker for McLaren so far. Be interesting to see what happens if/when Max gets up to the back of Perez! 
  • PennPenn Frets: 760
    Please rain and please can the Red Bull cars break?!?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Crikey - and we thought the Damian Lewis anthem was a bit much! That looked mimed to anyone else?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

IMG_6500.jpeg 125.9K
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Enjoyed my afternoon nap. If anything happened could one of you let me know?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Absolutely commanding from Max as expected. And great save from him in the wet between eau rouge & radilion. 

At this point I just want to see how long his streak can last. I don’t have to like it but I can’t not be impressed 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3026
    edited July 2023
    There was a lot of action in the mid field.  Not sure what happened to Danni Ric but he clearly didn't get the best out of that car this race and was soundly beaten by his teammate.

• steersteer Frets: 1231
    If Spa in the rain can produce such a dull race, then I don't hold up any hope for the rest of this season.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    Absolutely commanding from Max as expected. And great save from him in the wet between eau rouge & radilion. 

At this point I just want to see how long his streak can last. I don’t have to like it but I can’t not be impressed 
    Agreed, you can’t blame the guy for being great.
    He’s in the best car but left behind the last 3? teammates and every move he does seems to be absolutely perfect.  I suppose he’s so far ahead now there is no real pressure on him which makes it easier, but it’s not his fault the competition is not close.

At this point I’d love to see RB appoint a competitive 2nd driver to give him a real run for his money, but who would that be and would RB even allow anybody to get too close to him?

It’s frustrating, but like you say, he is absolutely commanding,  hard not to be impressed.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    Another borefest at the front. Comes to something when Max bickering with Horner on the radio is the most interesting bit. Thank god for the action further back. Shame to see Piastri going out though. Nice to see the Williams improving, now they “just” need to sort out some more grip in the corners to go with the straight line speed. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    edited July 2023

He’s in the best car but left behind the last 3? teammates and every move he does seems to be absolutely perfect.  I suppose he’s so far ahead now there is no real pressure on him which makes it easier, but it’s not his fault the competition is not close.

At this point I’d love to see RB appoint a competitive 2nd driver to give him a real run for his money, but who would that be and would RB even allow anybody to get too close to him?

It’s frustrating, but like you say, he is absolutely commanding,  hard not to be impressed.

Norris, Le Clerc, Alonso or Lewis on the current grid, Piastri seems quick but being a newbie is not a good place to be at RB it seems. Plus the culture there has been since Vettel/Webber to only really have one A grade driver. It is impressive, shame Max is a knob, but then so were Senna, Prost and Schumacher at times, seems like Max is a cock constantly though whereas the others had some redeeming qualities at least. 

I've been impressed with Max since his debut season though, his save in the wet in Brazil on the start finish straight was super impressive. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1421
    And if any of those drivers can bring a sponsorship fund as substantial as that of Perez, they will be considered.  If RBR still win everything then it will suit them to keep Perez and the money he brings.

It's not about ability.  And it's definitely not about putting on a show.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I thought the race was OK, but not the best I’ve seen. As expected, more action going on further down the field, and Max on a different level, including his team mate in ostensibly the same machinery. I don’t recall that level of performance from anyone else in the past, and it’s astonishing. Love to see him and Hamster in the same team, though.

DR failed to impress, and I still have my doubts about whether he has what it takes to beat Tsunoda this year. If I were a betting man, I’d say he hasn’t. And WTF was going on with the Mac’s? After a stunning show last time out, they were dreadful. I hope they get their act together next time out, they shouldn’t be fighting with the likes of Albon.

At least when Mercedes were winning everything Rosberg and Hamilton were competing against each other. Bottas was at least a decent driver who picked up wins and is 10th on the most podiums list.  

I don’t think that’s ever been the case with RB. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    edited July 2023
    Boromedic said:

Norris, Le Clerc, Alonso or Lewis on the current grid, Piastri seems quick but being a newbie is not a good place to be at RB it seems. Plus the culture there has been since Vettel/Webber to only really have one A grade driver. It is impressive, shame Max is a knob, but then so were Senna, Prost and Schumacher at times, seems like Max is a cock constantly though whereas the others had some redeeming qualities at least. 

I've been impressed with Max since his debut season though, his save in the wet in Brazil on the start finish straight was super impressive. 
    I find it hard to admire Max as well, even though he’s undoubtedly one of the all time great drivers. He is indeed a nob, but then I suppose having a father who’s such an aggressive, domineering dick can do that… as a kid with a parent like that you’d either end up completely crushed, a bit of a psycho or an arrogant cock yourself. Even then, Max takes arrogance to the next level. I take a small amount of comfort that he may be a brilliant driver but he still can’t grow a decent beard. (Nelson Muntz: Hah ha!!!). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 765
    Plastic Bertrand obviously unavailable

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    Sprint race was fun.

Other than that the most interesting part of the weekend was meeting Bernard and his green flag. 
    Red ones are better.