The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• PennPenn Frets: 760

This is absolutely delicious. Potential last and second to last place for Red Bull.

Oh, I really do hope so.

It’s bloody brilliant! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Can't get beaten by Lawson if you never race a lap against him... 

Though turns out it was Checo running Yuki off the road. God I'm glad I'm not a red bull driver...!

I couldn’t remember if it was the car of the driver that they counted as the thing that qualified… if that makes any sense whatsoever ? 

Not often a driver drops out of a race. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884

This is absolutely delicious. Potential last and second to last place for Red Bull.

Unlikely, I know, but stranger things have happened.

Oh well, we can dream  :)

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    tFB Trader
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Merc can't even win a race with a 25L tyre advantage. Russell in the barrier too...what a way to shit the bed.

MADE MY F*CKING DAY.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

RiftAmps said:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Merc can't even win a race with a 25L tyre advantage. Russell in the barrier too...what a way to shit the bed.

MADE MY F*CKING DAY.
    I’m just amazed Ferrari didn’t mess it up and end up last. Bit out of character for them. 
  • Penn said:
    RiftAmps said:

MADE MY F*CKING DAY.
    I’m just amazed Ferrari didn’t mess it up and end up last. Bit out of character for them. 
    Well there wasn't really any strategy needed! 

Great race for Carlos and a deserving win. He's looking better than Charles of late - will he keep that up? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Seems like Max can't win without the best car then.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Superb from Carlos there - brilliant tactics backing into Lando to give him DRS to keep the Mercs behind.
    Proper thinking while in battle.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    Maybe this week will be the fewest (though doubtless non-zero) moans about how the sport is boring.

Loved that as a spectacle. 

Apparently Lando hit the same barrier - wonder if George was too focussed on the back of him and helped him make the same mistake. 

Fantastic as a Lando fan. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I was honestly hoping Mando might nick the win when he got within DRS. But what a calculated choice from Sainz to give him a boost hoping it would be enough to hold help him defend GR for an extra couple of laps. 

Genuinely brilliant stuff. 
  • First GP I have watched since opening weeks of season

Enjoyable rac
  • The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    What a superb race, best of the season so far. I was genuinely holding my breath at some points in the last few laps. 

It sounded from the radio comms that Sainz using Lando plus DRS to fend off the Mercs was his own idea rather than coming from the Ferrari team tacticians? In which case, you sir are a geniarse! 
  • ColsCols Frets: 7702
    Superbly controlled drive from Sainz there, and it wasn’t just clever thinking at the end to let Norris have a bit of DRS; he drove with his head all the way through, controlling his pace to bunch the pack and deny the others strategic options.

Given Ferrari’s current tendency for a comedic approach to race strategy, I’m inclined to give full credit to Sainz for this one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Finally seen the Perez “moves” that screwed Yuki and Albon. 

Absolute amateur hour stuff and somehow escape any real penalty for the Albon one, and got nothing at all for the Tsunoda punt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-KvaeOO0f0
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    Finally seen the Perez “moves” that screwed Yuki and Albon. 

Absolute amateur hour stuff and somehow escape any real penalty for the Albon one, and got nothing at all for the Tsunoda punt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-KvaeOO0f0
    blimey - 2 slam dunks you'd have thought 
    Red ones are better. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    Oof those are both really terrible. He just drove straight at Tsunoda, how’d he get away with that? 
  • ColsCols Frets: 7702
    Poor Yuki certainly suffered badly at the hands of Red Bull this weekend; first with Max screwing his qualifying, and then Perez taking a leaf from the “Out of the way, Max coming through” school of overtaking.

And no punishment either time.  AlphaTauri declined to send anyone along to the steward’s hearing for Verstappen impeding Yuki (for which he got nothing worse than a telling off), and Perez wasn’t even investigated for ending Tsunoda’s race.

Evidently the team aren’t interested in going out to bat for him.  AlphaTauri CEO Peter Bayer has indicated that they’ll decide on their 2024 lineup “in the next few days”, which doesn’t look good for Tsunoda on the back of a couple of unproductive races.
  • Yeah, utterly atrocious driving and neither even got a replay during the race, I don't think? 

I've seen suggestions today that they're going to announce a contract extension for Yuki at Suzuka, but who knows tbh. I don't especially rate him but he's certainly getting shafted of late.

If I was running RB I'd be sidelining Perez for DR and keeping Lawson & Yuki in the AT. I'd probably wait til the end of the year, but who knows!