The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    edited October 2023
    That was pretty exciting. 

The Softs really are made of cheese though aren't they. 

Lando really did seem gutted to have been beaten to a 1st by his team mate, however complimentary he was about it. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884

Congratulations to Max on his second world championship.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    A few more thoughts... 

- Lando was super nice about Oscar's win but that must hurt, after DR managed to get on in Monza too. He'll get there - that car is clearly great now. And they've finally just opened their new wind tunnel!
    - Perez lol. Not really his fault but I couldn't help but laugh
    - why didn't we see Albon more than about 10 seconds through the whole thing? He started 17th and finished bloody 7th and was a photo finish with Sainz!!! Granted he gained from the crashes, but still drove a blinder 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    And apparently Adrian Newey is currenty the second most successful team in F1 history behind Ferrari - 12 constructor's titles and 13 driver's.

Constructor's: 1992,1993,1994,1996,1997(Williams),1998(McLaren), 2010,2011,2012,2013,2022,2023(RB)

Driver's: Mansell, Prost, Hill, Villeneuve, Hakkinen(2x), Vettel(4x), Verstappen (3x)

And he's only 64 - he could do another decade!!

• PennPenn Frets: 760
    I had to turn it off after. Couldn’t watch Max and his little smug face. Perez shouldn’t have been where he was so it kind of was his fault that he ended up being crashed into. He should have been much further up the grid. He just shouldn’t be in that car. He’s not good enough. Mind you I can’t believe Williams are daft enough to keep Logan Sargent. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6225
    I think Lando’s sporting nature and good grace are totally genuine but that will cut very deep. Hopefully he’ll take that pain and push himself forwards with it.

If McLaren produce an out front car with that pair, the championship battle would be incredible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023
    dazzajl said:
    I think Lando’s sporting nature and good grace are totally genuine but that will cut very deep. Hopefully he’ll take that pain and push himself forwards with it.

If McLaren produce an out front car with that pair, the championship battle would be incredible. 
    I see 2 problems if they keep this up. 1) I don't know which one I want to win, and 2) they will probably lose to Max simply because they'll take wins off each other, the same that Lewis & Nando did in 2007 (and arguably Lewis & Button from 10-12)
    Perez starting from the back after a rebuild. And Pirelli's F1 tyres are still made of cheese they've mandated an 18-lap maximum stint, so it'll be 3 stops minimum per car.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Perez starting from the back after a rebuild. And Pirelli's F1 tyres are still made of cheese they've mandated an 18-lap maximum stint, so it'll be 3 stops minimum per car.
    Maximum number of laps mandate? Has that ever happened before?! Can't ever remember such a thing...
    Not that I can remember
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2245
    Well that was fun Lewis...
    Brio said:
    Well that was fun Lewis...
    What a dick move that was. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Big LH fan here - agree that there was no need for that.  Plenty of opportunity in what will be a mixed-up race wit the tyre limits.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 410
    I knew something stupid was going to happen between Lewis and George. It’s been brewing for a few races now! Lewis’s head had gone I think, by the way he was moaning about being on the softs at the start. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    markr76 said:
    I knew something stupid was going to happen between Lewis and George. It’s been brewing for a few races now! Lewis’s head had gone I think, by the way he was moaning about being on the softs at the start. 
    Yeah, finally they have a pretty quick car and he’s clearly chomping at the bit but overdoing it considering there’s nothing really at stake. What’s a shame is Russell’s pace suggests a double podium would’ve been absolutely possible. 

Great race otherwise though. Perez still a twat, Piastri is a class act and I’m hopeful we’ll see him and Lando both on the podium.
    George is so good. What a drive. How many drivers could go 2nd to last and back up to where he finished? What could have been, if only Lewis hadn’t taken an unnecessary gamble.  Nice to see McLaren do so well. Lando and Oscar and great. Max is just Max. Perez is crap. I can’t believe he’s still at RB. Lewis should get 2nd in the championship, if he can remember how to drive.  
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 410
    markr76 said:
    Yeah, finally they have a pretty quick car and he’s clearly chomping at the bit but overdoing it considering there’s nothing really at stake. What’s a shame is Russell’s pace suggests a double podium would’ve been absolutely possible. 

Great race otherwise though. Perez still a twat, Piastri is a class act and I’m hopeful we’ll see him and Lando both on the podium.
    Piastri is impressing me a lot. He seems like a decent chap too in the interviews I’ve seen. 

I’m just desperate for us to get 2nd in the constructors this year. The extra bonus will be nice! Then hopefully we’ll get a better car sorted for next year. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023
    Great chat in the cooldown room - I could watch a whole season of those three just talking shit

“does anyone have a wheelchair?”

”im too tired to get the trophy”
    ”ill break it if you want!”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1421
    RBR must be concerned for next year's constructors title.  Even if Max dominates again, Perez is not cutting it.

Not great from Lewis.  
    edited October 2023
    sinbaadi said:
    RBR must be concerned for next year's constructors title.  Even if Max dominates again, Perez is not cutting it.

Not great from Lewis.  
    Considering Red Bulls normal attitude towards drivers I’m surprised Perez isn’t in the Torro Alpha Tutti Frutti or whatever they call themselves at the moment. It’s a shock the second Red Bull driver isn’t  Tsunoda or Lawson.