The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Is anyone watching after the utter snorefest of the sprint? 

I'm awake but it's late here so may or may not make it to the end.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got it on.    Hoping it's a decent race with Max having to do some overtaking.  Nice to see the Mercedes working a bit better.

But with the driver and constructor championship decided it's now all for the runner-up places and not as interesting.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    edited October 2023
    Why all the booing for Max? (Podium) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    TimmyO said:
    Lots of Mexican fans coming over for the race. 

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    I only caught some of it, the joys of working nightshift ! , seemed a bit of a snore fest tbh from the little I did see 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1942
    A couple of years ago McLaren said it needed to invest in resources and equipment to improve its comically slow at the time pit stops. 

You’d think after years and years of the same Mercedes would have had the same thought. 
  • With the somewhat different tyre strategies and with Max starting 6th, I thought the last 10 or so laps were pretty good.  There was overtaking up and down the grid - admittedly DRS aided - but I have seen far worse races.    It was interesting to hear Max's radio messages and how flustered he was as he was under pressure from Lando and Lewis.    Bodes well for next year. 

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3026
    edited October 2023
    Just seen that Lewis and Charles have been disqualified, for wearing the skid blocks

Does that mean all the extra pace was due to excess downforce and that there has been no improvement, or is this another example of F1 just sucking the fun out of the sport.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Yeah, who knows tbh! 

I do find it odd that the FIA finds problems on 2 cars that are inherently linked with the lack of practice and bumpy circuit and doesn’t immediately check every car for the same issue. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Yeah, who knows tbh! 

I do find it odd that the FIA finds problems on 2 cars that are inherently linked with the lack of practice and bumpy circuit and doesn’t immediately check every car for the same issue. 
    Absolutely, just read that that these two cars were selected at random and no others have been looked at.  It may be the "rules" but clearly indicates a widespread issue.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7702
    Well, that’s a bit of a boost for Perez; Hamilton’s disqualification elevates him to P4, extending his lead in the battle for P2.  Coupled with Ricciardo having an eminently forgettable weekend, it’s a welcome bit of damage limitation for Checo.
    TimmyO said:
    Lots of Mexican fans coming over for the race. 
    if they're gonna boo everyone better than their man they'll go hoarse... 
    Red ones are better. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Yeah, who knows tbh! 

Absolutely, just read that that these two cars were selected at random and no others have been looked at.  It may be the "rules" but clearly indicates a widespread issue.
    Can you imagine the shitstorm if Lewis *had* managed the win. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    edited October 2023
    If the FIA are going to insist on everyone sticking rigidly to the rules, then they should inspect every car for obvious things like skid block wear after the race. They check the drivers’ weight, so why not the car? Suspicious me thinks it strange they didn’t look at either Red Bull. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cig35Cig35 Frets: 63
    Yeah, who knows tbh! 

Also Norris and Verstappen's cars were checked for plank wear according to official documents in the random selection.
    "A physical floor and a plank wear inspection was carried out on car numbers 01, 16, 44 and 04."

If anyone wants to go into details about what cars were checked and for what before and after the race this is the link to the document https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/decision-document/2023%20United%20States%20Grand%20Prix%20-%20Race%20scrutineering.pdf

But I do agree it is strange that they didn't check additional cars after these findings.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    edited October 2023 tFB Trader
    boogieman said:
    Suspicious me thinks it strange they didn’t look at either Red Bull.

They did, the checked cars 01, 16, 44, and 04

"A physical floor and a plank wear inspection was carried out on car numbers 01, 16, 44 and 04."

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/decision-document/2023 United States Grand Prix - Race scrutineering.pdf

It's probably worth doing a little more research, next time

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    RiftAmps said:
    boogieman said:

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/decision-document/2023 United States Grand Prix - Race scrutineering.pdf

Fair dos. I only heard reports about Hamilton and LeClerc’s cars being disqualified. 

• RiftAmps said:
    boogieman said:

What - you mean the rumour mill of the internet isn't acceptable anymore ???  

You will be telling me that Elvis isn't alive and well and living on the moon next.

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3287
    edited October 2023 tFB Trader

RiftAmps said:
    boogieman said:

What - you mean the rumour mill of the internet isn't acceptable anymore ???  

You will be telling me that Elvis isn't alive and well and living on the moon next.

Judging by the dross that's circulated in this thread, I've no idea any more
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    I'm surprised they didn't at least check the other Merc and Ferrari.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom