The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7074
    There’ll be a service of Thanksgiving for the life and work of Sir Stirling Moss at Westminster Abbey on 8th May.  Seems a bit belated, but The Greatest Driver Never To Win A World Championship (tm) passes away during the pandemic and this is the first opportunity to give him a proper send off.

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/aubreypeck/1187061
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Johnny Herbert claims that Verstappen to Merc is a done deal (I have my doubts, I reckon he’s just trying to shake a few more shillings out of Red Bull’s wallet).

If he does go, what do we reckon for the other moves?

I’ll hazard a guess at Alonso to Red Bull and Sainz to Aston.
  • I doubt Herbert has any kind of insider knowledge. Probably trained in the Eddie Jordan school of "make up any old shit to say to the media to still sound knowledgeable and relevant."

Verstappen saying to the media today that he's happy at Red Bull, so make of that what you will...

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9707
    Just heard (second hand) that Albon has written off his car in practice. No time to get it repaired. Not a problem - he’ll still be driving this weekend (but his teammate won’t!).
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    HAL9000 said:
    Just heard (second hand) that Albon has written off his car in practice. No time to get it repaired. Not a problem - he’ll still be driving this weekend (but his teammate won’t!).
    From a purely logical perspective that makes sense - Albon is always quicker than Sargent, and having him driving on Sunday represents the team’s best chance of scoring points - but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Logan will be sitting it out on Sunday because his teammate has stuck it in the wall.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    If only they still had t-cars!  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27139
    Cols said:
    HAL9000 said:
    From a purely logical perspective that makes sense - Albon is always quicker than Sargent, and having him driving on Sunday represents the team’s best chance of scoring points - but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Logan will be sitting it out on Sunday because his teammate has stuck it in the wall.
    Yeah this. Incredibly hard on Sergent, but while you've got one driver potentially capable of points and another likely to end up 15th a team like Williams probably hasn't much choice. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    As for qualy, Crofty's supposed 6-way battle quickly became a typical "Max is 0.3 up on everyone" situation once again. I dont' know why they'd even suggest otherwise 
  • Cracking performance from Sainz to get on the front row a couple of weeks after surgery! 

Lewis looks a bit all at sea at the minute. I saw his interview with Sky yesterday after P2 and it was the flattest I've ever seen him, so want surprised to see him not even get into the to 10.
    Lolz Checo has a 3-place drop for impeding Hulk in Q1
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lolz Checo has a 3-place drop for impeding Hulk in Q1
    He can console himself with the knowledge that it looks like the old Ricciardo is gone, and he’s not coming back.
    To give Ricciardo a tiny bit of defence and god knows he needs it)... he's always been shit at his home race. So, er... yeah? 
    To give Ricciardo a tiny bit of defence and god knows he needs it)... he's always been shit at his home race. So, er... yeah? 
    The problem is, there’s a pattern.  

Tsunoda’s shown him a clean pair of heels this year.  After DR came back from his wrist injury last year, he “acquitted himself well” in the final races rather than blowing Yuki into the weeds.

I rate DR highly - in his Red Bull days I would have put him in the ‘world champion in waiting’ bucket - but I’m afraid that on current performance he’s not too many races away from being benched to see if Lawson shows more promise.
    Yep completely agree. For Red Bull to drop Perez they need to have one of th le RB drivers clearly better than the other and also nipping at Checo’s heels at least semi-regularly. So far that just ain’t happening, especially for DR
    Well that was pretty uneventful, despite the various events. 

Glad for Carlos - he's equipping himself extremely well to get his pick of available seats for 25. 

And Yuki continues to do a great job while Perez & DR continue to be bang average. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2930
    It was a better race for Max not being in it - but Perez should have taken advantage and been much further up the finish positions.    Still trying to understand what happened with George.

I have to agree that Danni Rics days are rapidly numbered.

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4847
    Loving it, bye bye Max, fair play to Carlos :)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7509
    A good day for Sainz's manager!

Oddly, the same thing that happened to Max happened to me on the M4 this week (brake siezing on) . Mine didn't explode but it was quite worrying and smoke-making. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7509
    Alonso demoted (presumably for brake testing Russell and causing the crash )
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    I bet Lewis can’t wait to get into the Ferrari, the Mercs are looking lousy at the moment. 

Well done Carlos, well deserved.