Comments

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3188
    What a fucking racket. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    Leftfield ftw
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 887
    The end of the Lana Del Rey set was mental. She was running late because she was doing her hair and they cut the power. The crowd sang 'Video Games' at her and then she did a bit of a meet-and-greet. Whole thing turned into a bit of a happening.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24704
    The girl with the Elastoplast nipples was good.  Great vocals.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3963
    Where were all the amps tho?
    Under the stage in ISO cabs
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2303
    Must just be me that thinks Slash’s playing has been a bit rough this evening. I’ve heard him a lot better - recently too. 
    Also, agree with a comment earlier. His sound is a lot less gainy in places. 
    The sound is weird as fuck. Lots of the mics seem to be very in and out. The snare randomly disappears at some points too. 

Axls voice. He still has that real aggressive scream in him but I think he does sing a bit with preservation in mind. He can clearly push it to be more raspy at will, and his range is still pretty ridiculous, but Guns are pretty relentless with the touring at the min so unsurprising he’s a bit careful with it. 

And then he just absolutely slayed Knocking On Heavens Door. That was mega. 

Listen to him on the recently recorded “Hard Skool” if you’re in any doubt about his vocals. He’s still got it. 

But yeah. The sound is wonky. Which is a shame cos it’s a good show. 

Also. 

Rocket Queen. Definitely one of my all time favourite songs. Nightrain gives me the feels as well.
    Some of Guns’ performances of it in the early 90’s were spine tingling for me. 
    Actually Axl’s 90’s period when he had the beard and looked fucking amazing, yeah… He was untouchable in that period. Jaw dropping. 

Anyway, I always cite them as my favourite band so I’ll always enjoy watching them. 

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4694
    DesVegas said:
    Leftfield ftw
    This 
    seen them live like 5 times from way back in the day and they never disappoint 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    Fantastic show, pity about the sound issues, lots of media this morning reported that it was fine in the field, so clearly just a TV issue.  They packed a lot in.

As for LDR, there is no excuse for being late, especially when there is a curfew, saying she was doing her hair is piss poor.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • For hardcore guns fans like myself, that was one hell of a performance from Axl last night. 

He gave it everything and will be paying for that this morning. He never pushes his vocals that hard on tour since the reunion . Gig must have meant a lot to him. 

I’ve stepped back from watching their performances as it really does make me sad to see that his voice is shot at certain levels, having been there back in the day when he was unbelievable. 

Thought I’d watch the first 10 mins sat in bed, yet I ended up watching the entire set I enjoyed it that much 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2591
    Slash must have have had about a million quid in his hands last night!

Thought KoHD was the high point. Axl nailed it and Slash too. In contrast November Rain was awful vocally and even Slash was flat for once. 

As a band they were much better than I was expecting. That performance by Slash has to go down as the greatest by any axe wielding man, women or beast on the pyramid stage!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17911
    tFB Trader
    Jacob Collier was amazing.

I know he generally gets hate on here but that was a spectacular set.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Only thing I didn’t really like is Slash dials down his gain a lot these days, at times way too low on the volume pot that he loses a lot of his playing dynamics. 
  • RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 285
    Still reeling from the GnR gig. They did themselves proud and Axl really did put heart and soul into that. I feel a bit bad for focusing my own comments on his voice but kind of inevitable. 30 years ago he was so unique and untouchable.

Definately justifies a rewatch.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1404
    Still reeling from the GnR gig. They did themselves proud and Axl really did put heart and soul into that. I feel a bit bad for focusing my own comments on his voice but kind of inevitable. 30 years ago he was so unique and untouchable.

Did they sort the mix out particularly vocals?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4293
    edited June 2023
    Just to mention that there’s lots of comments online saying Axl had gone off too early and by the time they got to November rain that he’d burnt himself out so he let the song down. 

This isn’t the case at all. He just can’t do that number very well any more. He played one song ‘November rain’ at lisa marie presleys funeral and it was exactly the same vocal wise as last nights version after an entire set list before hand. He just can’t do that number any more. 
  • RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 285
    rsvmark said:

Did they sort the mix out particularly vocals?
    Basically no. Im watching the recorded bbc 2 broadcast now and it might be marginally better than the live stream on BBC iplayer which was 30mins ahead….probably just my imagination though.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 673
    So Lana was really late, but there was seemingly no way of cutting some of the set to make sure the big hits get played? These big festival sets must be so locked down with midi timings, click tracks and auto cue stuff (stuff I have absolutely no clue about) that it can’t be adjusted in the slightest.
    I like to think that the guitar based rock bands aren’t so hamstrung and could have mixed it all up but possibly that’s my pub gig naivety!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17911
    tFB Trader
    darius said:
    So Lana was really late, but there was seemingly no way of cutting some of the set to make sure the big hits get played? These big festival sets must be so locked down with midi timings, click tracks and auto cue stuff (stuff I have absolutely no clue about) that it can’t be adjusted in the slightest.
    I like to think that the guitar based rock bands aren’t so hamstrung and could have mixed it all up but possibly that’s my pub gig naivety!

I think it's more that she probably just assumed if she carried on they wouldn't turn the power off.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12515
    LPManic said:
    Manics absolutely brilliant. Fantastic guitars too. That Eastman! Swoon! James Dean Bradfield incredibly underrated guitarist, singer, frontman, and songwriter. He was incredible. 
    Yep, they were absolutely brilliant.

Astley being interviewed by Kuenssberg right now.  What a lovely bloke.
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 887
    darius said:

At one point you can hear her say, "Let's drop 'Venice" as in "We're not playing "Venice Bitch" so that we can have the time to fit in 'Video Games'" but it obviously wasn't enough. I'm sure if I was stuck at the back waiting for her big hit I'd be pissed off but the whole chaos at the end did create a bit of a Glastonbury moment. The Guardian gave her 5 stars.