XL Bully Dogs.........

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    Penn said:
    The child was with a family of about 6 other people. They didn’t say a word to him, try to call him back, stop him or anything. 
    They won't do, nothing could possibly happen to their child until it does and they're screaming at you.

I picked my daughter up from Rainbows on Monday, and all the parents have to wait on some very steep stairs for the last 5 minutes while the kids sing their song and say bye. One woman has got what looks like a 3 year old and she's just letting him play on the stairs right near the top while she browses her phone. Not holding his hand or even looking at him, and not in a position she'd be able to reach him if he fell.
    He lays down along one of the stairs and I thought he was going to roll down them or something daft so I'm waiting there to catch him while she doesn't give 2 shits. If he fell she'd have been saying it's Rainbows fault for having stairs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12513
    BillDL said:
    The last time I had my old Mum out for a run on a nice day we stopped at a man-made loch / lake where there is a car park next to a shingle beach.  Althouth there are prominent signs telling people to keep dogs on leads and not to let them crap everywhere, there are always the scumbag families that lie basking their walrus bodies on the grass and allow their dogs to roam everywhere shitting and chasing kids.  On this occasion Wayne, Waynetta and their scruffy kids threw bread into the water to encourage the ducks and swans, then actively encouraged their two terrier type dogs to dive into the water and chase the birds.  One caught a duck and started shaking it, to which the swans ganged together and had a right good peck at the dogs, allowing the duck to escape.  Wayne Slobb jumps into the shallow water and starts kicking the swan that was obviously leading the defence.  A workie in a Hi-Viz that had been having a break in his van had obviously seen enough.  He ran to the water's edge, decked the fat bastard on the jaw causing him to fall into the water and then pushed Waynetta over into the water as she lumbered lunged at him.  He received whoops and cheers, but I would bet that he was probably charged with assault.  The vast majority of dog owners are responsible and thoughtful, but slobs like that will never change.
    I fucking hate people like that - they're a walking advert for involuntary sterilisation.  I'd have given Mr Hi-Viz a medal and a case of beer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    edited September 2023
    Breed Specific Legislation is neither worth the hot air that the politicians spewed debating it, the time spent debating it in parliament, nor the paper that was wasted writing it.  For a start the law that people in this thread are talking about only mentions 4 so called breeds of ''demon dogs'' that are banned in the UK - American Pit Bull Terriers, Japanese Tosas, Dogo Argentinos and Fila Brasileiros, when in fact there are actually dozens of different breeds that are ''banned'' - just look at wolf dogs* first generation is banned but second generation and later are not, except they're not really banned, read the legislation and you can see there are a shit load of loop holes and legal work arounds so that all these breeds can be legally bought, sold, and bred in the UK, as long as you get a license, and that is extremely easy to get - I own two demon breeds of dogs that are technically banned but I have a license to own them though not breed them so they have been snipped, and just using common sense it's extremely easy to keep these licenses - muzzle the dog in public, never let it off the leash in public, and display dangerous dog signs around your property.  Hell you can actually still legally dock dog tails and clip their ears still in the UK, which I personally find to be both disgusting and evil - though only special breeders are allowed to do this and these are breeders who primarily breed working dogs for working and only sell the ones who don't cut it as a working dog to the general public and the fast majority of the dogs they breed must be sold to work if not the breeders loose their special license that allows them to legally dock tails and clip ears.

When charities such as the RSPCA, SSPCA, and Battersea Dog Home, and in fact every animal/pet rescue/charity are against Breed Specific Legislation, that should scream very loudly to not just the politicians, but also the general public - you know the very people who support these charities via either financial donations or donating their time, that Breed Specific Legislation simply doesn't work, nor is enforceable in a consistent manner, for example they don't run DNA tests to determine a dog's breed, but rather they measure the dog, and those measurements determines what breed the dog is via various, as in more the one of these rations of measurements - and it's not just the width vs length of the skull but also height vs width vs length vs weight vs strength, in other words it's extremely inaccurate, so much so that ''leggy Staffies'' - tall Staffies which is a legal breed to own in the UK with no licensing requirements, have be put down/destroyed because they don't meet the Crofts breed standard for a Staffie, and are closer to the standard Crofts expect for an American Pit Bull Terrier.  And lets face reality here, Crofts are not exactly world renowned for caring about animals or animal wellfare, in fact just about every animal/pet/dog/cat charity/rescue/shelter, and even vets have tried to shut Crofts down, and managed to have their rules and standards changed multiple times in the name of animal well fare, and people here are really ok with Crofts setting the standards to decide a dogs fate?

How do people feel about adding Spaniels to the list of banned breeds, after all they do suffer from a medical condition as they age called ''corker rage''

*A first generation wolf dog is the offspring of a wolf and dog mating, a second generation wolf dog is a puppy from the mating of a wolf and a dog, mated to another dog, so they are two thirds dog and one third wolf, basically more dog than wolf.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 668
    Penn said:
    I was out walking the dog the other day, he’s 18 month old and walks next to my foot. Doesn’t go more that a couple of feet from me. I’ve been training him hard as I can to just focus on me when we’re out and nothing else. I want to be 100% in control of him. 

As we were walking down the riverside a child of about 6/7 dived out of a side path. I went to put the dog on the lead. I always put him back on when there’s children about. Anyway the rogue child started trying to grab the dog. I’m trying to say to him don’t grab the dog. The dog was scared. The dog didn’t want to be charged at and grabbed. Literally this little terror is trying to grab him by the back legs and chasing him. The dog starts running away. Luckily the child fell over. I grabbed the dog and walked briskly away. The child was with a family of about 6 other people. They didn’t say a word to him, try to call him back, stop him or anything. 

It’s lucky my dogs good natured. He could still give a nasty little nip if he wanted. I’m not sure they’d have grabbed a bully XL but I’m pretty sure if they did it wouldn’t have ended the same.   

He’s also recently taken possession of a travel pillow and is carrying it around like this. 

What a handsome fellow !
    Thanks @DrCornelius. Off off topic I know but I hope Stan is doing well. 
    Breed Specific Legislation is neither worth the hot air that the politicians spewed debating it, the time spent debating it in parliament, nor the paper that was wasted writing it.  For a start the law that people in this thread are talking about only mentions 4 so called breeds of ''demon dogs'' that are banned in the UK - American Pit Bull Terriers, Japanese Tosas, Dogo Argentinos and Fila Brasileiros, when in fact there are actually dozens of different breeds that are ''banned'' - just look at wolf dogs* first generation is banned but second generation and later are not, except they're not really banned, read the legislation and you can see there are a shit load of loop holes and legal work arounds so that all these breeds can be legally bought, sold, and bred in the UK, as long as you get a license, and that is extremely easy to get - I own two demon breeds of dogs that are technically banned but I have a license to own them though not breed them so they have been snipped, and just using common sense it's extremely easy to keep these licenses - muzzle the dog in public, never let it off the leash in public, and display dangerous dog signs around your property.  Hell you can actually still legally dock dog tails and clip their ears still in the UK, which I personally find to be both disgusting and evil - though only special breeders are allowed to do this and these are breeders who primarily breed working dogs for working and only sell the ones who don't cut it as a working dog to the general public and the fast majority of the dogs they breed must be sold to work if not the breeders loose their special license that allows them to legally dock tails and clip ears.

When charities such as the RSPCA, SSPCA, and Battersea Dog Home, and in fact every animal/pet rescue/charity are against Breed Specific Legislation, that should scream very loudly to not just the politicians, but also the general public - you know the very people who support these charities via either financial donations or donating their time, that Breed Specific Legislation simply doesn't work, nor is enforceable in a consistent manner, for example they don't run DNA tests to determine a dog's breed, but rather they measure the dog, and those measurements determines what breed the dog is via various, as in more the one of these rations of measurements - and it's not just the width vs length of the skull but also height vs width vs length vs weight vs strength, in other words it's extremely inaccurate, so much so that ''leggy Staffies'' - tall Staffies which is a legal breed to own in the UK with no licensing requirements, have be put down/destroyed because they don't meet the Crofts breed standard for a Staffie, and are closer to the standard Crofts expect for an American Pit Bull Terrier.  And lets face reality here, Crofts are not exactly world renowned for caring about animals or animal wellfare, in fact just about every animal/pet/dog/cat charity/rescue/shelter, and even vets have tried to shut Crofts down, and managed to have their rules and standards changed multiple times in the name of animal well fare, and people here are really ok with Crofts setting the standards to decide a dogs fate?

How do people feel about adding Spaniels to the list of banned breeds, after all they do suffer from a medical condition as they age called ''corker rage''

*A first generation wolf dog is the offspring of a wolf and dog mating, a second generation wolf dog is a puppy from the mating of a wolf and a dog, mated to another dog, so they are two thirds dog and one third wolf, basically more dog than wolf.

So you’re for more Bully XL?
  • Penn said:

I'm against banning any dog based off of it's breed, especially when the breed of the dog is determined via a means designed by a company famous for cruelty and causing suffering to dogs, two border collies from the same litter can very easily be vastly different in size and appearance, just look at the runt in any litter, and the ''greedy one'', both the same breed, same linage, yet have vastly different measurements and therefore size, and strength to size ratios.

Pedigree is nothing but a rich mans word for ''working dog'', look at the history of any pedigree, from chihuahuas to poodles, these breeds where bred to preform a specific task, ie work, for chihuahuas that is vermin and pest control, for poodles,they're gun dogs, specifically for shooting water fowl.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19366
    ^ Not so sure about "poodles,they're gun dogs, specifically for shooting water fowl."
    I like standard poodles & think they make great 
    retrievers, particularly in waterlands, but even they would admit they are lousy shots...
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ Not so sure about "poodles,they're gun dogs, specifically for shooting water fowl."
    I like standard poodles & think they make great 
    retrievers, particularly in waterlands, but even they would admit they are lousy shots...

That's what the standard poodle was originally bred for, to retrieve shot water fowl.  I know a few people who breed them for exactly this, and know people who use them as gun dogs, much better than a retriever especially when the dog is expected to get wet often and for long periods of time.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19366
    :+1:   :o3
  • yockyyocky Frets: 815
    Penn said:

I'm against banning any dog based off of it's breed,

You're right. Maybe it would be more effective to pay for therapy to address whatever is lacking in the owner's life to require the presence of a huge powerful dog, and why they feel entitled to inflict the increased risks on the neighbouring population.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Chihuahuas were originally bred for food, not as verminators.
  • Sporky said:
    Sprocket tried to catch a duck once, but hadn't appreciated that ducks float and these ones were on water. I like to think she realised her mistake mid-air.

It's quite tricky getting a particularly dim sheepdog out of a canal.

What's worse is after you have removed the dim sheepdog from the canal you then also need to remove the canal from the dim sheepdog.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7216
    Sassafras said:
    Chihuahuas were originally bred for food, not as verminators.
    Not much meat on one of them
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • yocky said:
    Penn said:

I'm against banning any dog based off of it's breed,

You're right. Maybe it would be more effective to pay for therapy to address whatever is lacking in the owner's life to require the presence of a huge powerful dog, and why they feel entitled to inflict the increased risks on the neighbouring population.

The same can easily be said about people who buy herding dogs, live in apartments and don't ''work'' them, how many people own Border Collies that have never been within 100 yards of a sheep yet alone seen one.  Or people who buy flat faced dogs. or the deformed ''show line'' German shepherd.  How about police and military dogs, by definition these dogs are trained to be not just dangerous dogs, but very dangerous dogs, they don't get put down when retired, the get rehomed, generally with their handlers and family, though not always.

When I was very young, it was German shepherds, rottweilers and dobermans that where always in the papers and news labeled as ''devil dogs'', ''evil dogs'', ''demon dogs'', ''dogs for chavs and thugs'', and ''drug dealers breed of choice'' as I got older it changed to the Staffie and American Pit Bull Terrier that where in the papers and news labeled as ''devil dogs'', ''evil dogs'', ''demon dogs'', ''dogs for chavs and thugs'', and ''drug dealers breed of choice''.  Now it's the XL Bully, what will it be next week, or year?  This is something that is being blown way way out of proportion, especially considering the numbers involved, yes every fatality and injury caused by a dog is a tragedy, here the thing that gets me though, on average 2-9 people a year will die in the UK due to bee stings, now from 2001 until 2021 69 people where killed by dogs - that averages out at 3.3 people a year that's a third of the number of people who will be killed this year by bee stings, surely if this was really about saving lives, 1, We would not be able to own these dogs with a license or not they would be banned outright with no loop holes to own them legally, 2, We would be focused and looking at something that kills more than, lets just round it up to 4, people a year, say like bees rather than dogs - and that 69 people killed by dogs between 2001 and 2021 is not just one breed of dog it has representatives from just about every breed even breeds people would not believe had the physical strength nor size to kill a small child.

This makes for some interesting reading, especially the breed of dogs responsible for the fatalities:  List of fatal dog attacks in the United Kingdom.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7731
    I seem to recall from a previous thread (about the beastly police murdering innocent dogs) that somebody mentioned how easily you could gain control of a vicious dog by poking your finger up it's arse.  The details are a bit hazy in my memory because the thought of this was quite distasteful, especially if you were to lick your fingers afterwards, but the person that supplied the details of the trick appeared to have been speaking from extensive experience of fingering vicious dogs' rectums.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    ^ Not so sure about "poodles,they're gun dogs, specifically for shooting water fowl."
    I like standard poodles & think they make great retrievers, particularly in waterlands, but even they would admit they are lousy shots...

That's what the standard poodle was originally bred for, to retrieve shot water fowl.  I know a few people who breed them for exactly this, and know people who use them as gun dogs, much better than a retriever especially when the dog is expected to get wet often and for long periods of time.
    Are you confusing them with Irish Water Spaniels ?
    ......a breed that looks very similar 
    Possibly not but there must be a great similarity
    Doesn't matter because you can train most breeds to do any of the working dog tasks .........maybe just not as naturally adaept
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    BillDL said:
    I seem to recall from a previous thread (about the beastly police murdering innocent dogs) that somebody mentioned how easily you could gain control of a vicious dog by poking your finger up it's arse.  The details are a bit hazy in my memory because the thought of this was quite distasteful, especially if you were to lick your fingers afterwards, but the person that supplied the details of the trick appeared to have been speaking from extensive experience of fingering vicious dogs' rectums.
    Mate. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12513
    BillDL said:
    I cannot get this scenario out of my mind.
  • euaneuan Frets: 1635
    edited September 2023

This makes for some interesting reading, especially the breed of dogs responsible for the fatalities:  List of fatal dog attacks in the United Kingdom.
    10 deaths last year. 5 this year. 75% were there result of an American Bully attack
    edited September 2023
    Offset said:
    BillDL said:
    I cannot get this scenario out of my mind.
    Some people are into strange things. 

Edit: adds a new meaning to dogging.