XL Bully Dogs.........

What's Hot

Comments

• euaneuan Frets: 1942
    It turns out a substantial amount of the UK population of XL Bullies are bred from a stud called Killer Kimbo. 

Guess why he got his name?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6516
    On Twitter 'dog racism' is trending. And someone posted this in response:

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euan said:
    It turns out a substantial amount of the UK population of XL Bullies are bred from a stud called Killer Kimbo. 

Guess why he got his name?
    Because his owner’s a cunt. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 275
    edited September 2023
    Cycling around the perimeter track in Richmond Park, I encountered an owner (on his phone) 
    with a bully XL off lead.  First time I’d ever seen one, and it’s nothing like a pit bull or Staff.

it was huge.

I was immediately aware of its speed  (fortunately after a squirrel) and massive bulk and jaws.
    I’m  a dog lover, but the physicality of this dog  just made me aware that it could ruin, or even kill me.

Simply put,   It was a massively intimidating beast. 

within 30 seconds, I was beyond range and it had showed no interest in me.

I’m delighted to hear they’re banned.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7406
    best make sure your 'shinnying up a lamppost game is on point until these things are gone, we're all at risk

they look like Zul's gargoyle dogs from Ghostbusters
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 628
    I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how to defend against a 'triggered' dangerous dog. I mean for ordinary ppl not a super fit martial artist.

Fat chance!

There are ways but you will most likely end up prosecuted :-(

Now, consider walking in the park with your grandson of granddaughter FFS this is wrong!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13902
    edited September 2023
    "Officers had spoken to the dog owner on two previous occasions after being called to incidents in the area, the force said."

What a cunt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1332
    notanon said:
    I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how to defend against a 'triggered' dangerous dog. I mean for ordinary ppl not a super fit martial artist.

Fat chance!

Now, consider walking in the park with your grandson of granddaughter FFS this is wrong!
    My first thought would be ramming a key into its eyeball but how realistic that would be in the heat of the moment I don’t know. Hope I never find out.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16615
    I was with somebody yesterday ,58 years old but very seriously hard . 14 years Royal Marine Commandos , actively fought in the Falklands and is Sargant at arms of a well known 1% Motorcycle Club .......has also worked as a Club doorman and been a bare knuckle fighter . You would never ,never fuck with the guy........somebody he knows has one of these things .
     He said ....."That fucking thing would kill me in minutes " .....and he's very big
    How can the public......children,older people....anybody be exposed to that risk ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 804
    Had a friend who had one of these and wanted another one. I absolutely refused to go near it. For all that he could get it under control for the most part, it was clearly only a matter of wrong place, wrong time, with him either not around or not able to control in in the moment. I'm 6'1, about 18 stone and have lifted weights since I left school. I wanted nothing to do with that animal.

No exemption list. Put them down and give serious prison time to anyone who doesn't hand them over.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • So even banning won’t stop the attacks say the RSPCA? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-66818862
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1776
    Owner , probably like many people who own similar stature dogs, see it as a legal street weapon, to display a dont fuck with me attitude locally. Which has coward written all over it.
    There is not much other "appeal" to owning one lets face it.  £ on food , exercise requirements, aesthetics are all a proper turn off. 
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20533
    I'm currently looking after a rescue lurcher cross. She's about 2 years old, 17kg of solid muscle with a gobful of teeth, has very little training & is quite a handful. Luckily she is an unbelievably sweet natured, gentle dog.
    If I imagine her at over three times the size & weight, pissed off & going for me... the only way I could expect to stop her is if one of my limbs got stuck in her throat on the way down.
    Bully XL's aren't pets, they are status symbols & weapons. Not the dogs fault at all, but they are what they are.
    Not sure if a ban will control them, but doing nothing & hoping the current issues will go away just isn't an option.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Jo-to-po said:

Interesting take from a dog behaviorist, who doesn't believe in breed specific legislation and that dog agression is not necessarily inherent to a particular breed:-

The American XL Bully Dog | Doglistener
    I dunno, seems like having lots of mad dogs on the street for him to treat is good for business, whereas banning them is not. 

And if you'd actually read the article you'd have seen that he advocates banning this particular breed.
    Boring though, wasn't it. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    So even banning won’t stop the attacks say the RSPCA? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-66818862
    I think they're saying that banning one breed won't stop all dog attacks. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • A friend of mine has one, it is the most wonderful, soft, dopey dog I’ve met.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 628
    Gilly said:
    notanon said:

Fat chance!

My first thought would be ramming a key into its eyeball but how realistic that would be in the heat of the moment I don’t know. Hope I never find out.
    I researched quite a bit and yes keys can be violent weapons. If you saw the dog running at you and you got the key ready fast enough, and got a targeted shot you then you wouldn't be lucky, you would have been protected by guardian angels.

This guy demonstrates legal methods.

I was spooked by a dog in the park running towards our granddaughter. So, what do I do? Carry an illegal weapon? Call the police?

If I hit problems, I like to figure out the best approach to solve. In this instance I did not find a legal feasible approach.

As for just a handful of deaths per, f off! Imagine looking at your mangled child every day. I'm sorry but I do not know what would stop me from flipping and taking the law into my own hands.

Who would guess this is going to get better? Britain is broken, it is going to get worse in my opinion. I am so glad I moved to the valleys!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64798162.amp

Sorry for the rant I hate this situation.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 804
    edited September 2023
    notanon said:
    Gilly said:
    notanon said:

Fat chance!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64798162.amp

Sweet fucking Jesus, the penalties in that case...

'The owner of the dog that attacked her pleaded guilty in court and was fined £700. The dog was then subject to restrictions - including having to wear a muzzle when it left the house and being placed in a cage when visitors came round.'

Absolutely laughable, except it's not in any way funny. It bit a hole in her face because she moved and they still didn't put it down. As for a fine of £700, is there anyone on this forum who wouldn't slap that on the table for a decent guitar like it was nothing?
  • notanon said:

Fat chance!

My understanding was that the best way to deal with an aggressive dog (assuming it hasn't already lunged at you) is to stand still, angle your body slightly away from it, keep your arms by your sides, not make eye contact with it, and definitely not turn your back and run.

Easier said than done though when one of those XL fuckers is advancing on you, teeth bared and growling.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7054
    edited September 2023
    A friend of mine has one, it is the most wonderful, soft, dopey dog I’ve met.

Your friend is probably a responsible and capable dog handler. Unfortunately a lot of people are not…

This week alone (from 10 walks) we’ve encountered four other dogs literally swinging off their leads barking and snarling aggressively towards us as we walked past them. 

My dog didn’t react to any of them. Not saying him or me are perfect - but I’ve put time in with him and chose a breed that are generally good natured. 

You could tell these owners were clueless had no idea how to control or calm their animals and they appeared decent, respectable middle aged folk. Not the stereotype owner of these Bully XL type breeds.

One was black German shepherd, the other a female boxer, the other some spaniel/poodle cross and the other a tiny wire haired thing.

All were full grown dogs not pups. 

The GS owner in particular was really fucking clueless and had no idea how to control his mutt. 

Dog ownership should be controlled in some way. I don’t have the answer though. 
    Previously known as stevebrum