Nice Things.

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24841
    Zippos are all but impossible to beat when it comes to lighters, I have 4 - I actually used to have hundreds of them when I used to collect them, two that I've used for close to 30 years before I retired them, these are just the plain stainless steel and a brass one, and 2 that where purchased recently, one of which is from their ''armor'' series.  Though they are not as good value for money as they used to be, I still think that they are extremely good value for what they cost.
    As an object d'art I agree - they last and are solidly made.  However, as a tool for the purpose of providing a flame they have a major flaw - fuel consumption.  A cheap disposable butane lighter will still be providing flame when the Zippo has needed refilling fifty times.

For me, the occasional need for a lighter that could survive a nuclear war and light in a hurricane was of less importance than a small, lightweight lighter that always worked and lasted ages.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • enjoenjo Frets: 280
    Emp_Fab said:
    Zippos are all but impossible to beat when it comes to lighters, I have 4 - I actually used to have hundreds of them when I used to collect them, two that I've used for close to 30 years before I retired them, these are just the plain stainless steel and a brass one, and 2 that where purchased recently, one of which is from their ''armor'' series.  Though they are not as good value for money as they used to be, I still think that they are extremely good value for what they cost.
    As an object d'art I agree - they last and are solidly made.  However, as a tool for the purpose of providing a flame they have a major flaw - fuel consumption.  A cheap disposable butane lighter will still be providing flame when the Zippo has needed refilling fifty times.

For me, the occasional need for a lighter that could survive a nuclear war and light in a hurricane was of less importance than a small, lightweight lighter that always worked and lasted ages.
    My issue is evaporation - I use a lighter so rarely that the zippo needs filling every time I want to use it. Not exactly convenient.

• KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    Emp_Fab said:

I was always loosing the cheapos though!