Mr Bates Vs The Post Office

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31089
    Jason Beer is somewhat reminiscent of the West Indies pace attack in the 80/90s.

Relentless, brutal and terrifying.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14699
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Jason Beer is somewhat reminiscent of the West Indies pace attack in the 80/90s.

Plus 2/3 deliveries that appear to be aimless and you think you may now be safe and getting comfortably in the crease - Then they roar in with a corker and you suddenly realise you are fucked
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:

Plus 2/3 deliveries that appear to be aimless and you think you may now be safe and getting comfortably in the crease - Then they roar in with a corker and you suddenly realise you are fucked

It's the 'Beer Pause'.

He'll stop to let a phrase sink in and explode off a full length with shame before he then smashes another lethal bouncer into the ribs.

edited May 22
    "exculpate"
    What a wonderful wonderful word.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Gassage said:

It's the 'Beer Pause'.

He'll stop to let a phrase sink in and explode off a full length with shame before he then smashes another lethal bouncer into the ribs.
    Then look at you with a menacing ‘how’s zat’
  • euaneuan Frets: 1608
    Is there an audio only feed for proper test match vibes?
    tFB Trader
    Rob Burrow and Kevin Sinfield are 2 hero’s of mine - For what they have achieved on and off the pitch, multiple times , they were finally and deservedly honoured with a CBE - I think I’d be a bit miffed to find that she was given the same award - Albeit it was withdrawn much later 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • suspiciousmindssuspiciousminds Frets: 403
    Is any channel showing it live?
    just watched the clip of her crying on the news, it just doesnt seem genuine to me.
    The twitter/X post Randalla just posted sums her up.
    She’s bloody awful.
    Thing is, after all this will she really be taken to task for what she has been responsible for?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12488
    Offset said:
    TTony said:
    In her position, not sure I'd have turned up with the noose already around my neck ...
    It's painful.  And now she's in tears.  I can't figure out if she was asleep at the wheel for the duration of her tenure, in denial, or simply willing to do whatever it took - including allowing innocent people to go to jail - to protect the PO's reputation.
    I think she’s in a complete tailspin and has only relatively recently realised how completely fucked she is. 400 cases of supposed fraud and nobody ever told her anything? Not much of a boss then is she? Her only defence is to cry, say sorry multiple times and more or less claim “some big boys did it and ran off”. She deserves jail time and/or a massive fine. 
    just watched the clip of her crying on the news, it just doesnt seem genuine to me.
    She’s bloody awful.
    Thing is, after all this will she really be taken to task for what she has been responsible for?
    Post Office Horizon IT Inquiry Live Stream (youtube.com)

tFB Trader
    She’s bloody awful.
    BBC main site - live link from front page 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15775
    I never cease to be amazed at how little these people seem to know about what is happening in their organisations when things go bad, yet are more than happy to pocket generous pay packages and receive honours and plaudits when things go right.
    It's almost as if they don't think they should be held accountable for their actions, but that's crazy talk I know.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Gassage said:

It's the 'Beer Pause'.

Typical

Lunch break and straight after and Marshall and Holding are better than before 

She is faltering beyond belief 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12422
    VimFuego said:
    I never cease to be amazed at how little these people seem to know about what is happening in their organisations when things go bad, yet are more than happy to pocket generous pay packages and receive honours and plaudits when things go right.
    Sadly I'm not even remotely surprised.  
    Gassage said:
    Gassage said:

It's the 'Beer Pause'.

Typical

Lunch break and straight after and Marshall and Holding are better than before 

She is faltering beyond belief 

Wait until Patrick Patterson comes on.....

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27874
    boogieman said:

Her only defence is to cry, say sorry multiple times and more or less claim “some big boys did it and ran off”. 
    I think I was about 3 years old when that approach ceased to work with my mum.

Still, suppose she's got to try ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.

I am concluding that the KC has understood more about how POL worked (or didn't) and who did what (or didn't) than she managed to learn in her 10-odd years as CEO, supposedly running that business.

@guitars4you ;

Do you think that Seamer Misra is their change bowler?

(Taxi....)

tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    @guitars4you ;

Do you think that Seamer Misra is their change bowler?

(Taxi....)
    It is like spending time in the nets practicing against S Warne - You know what is coming - You spend hours, Nasser H style, working it out, only to be bamboozled when you get out in the middle - The ball of the century is only just around the corner 
    To change sports ...

"Game, Set & Match" to Mr Beer.

(Watch the lead up to 16:29).