Mr Bates Vs The Post Office

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    Offset said:
    TTony said:
    Watching this latest session, it's a total and very public humiliation.  Sam Stein is crucifying her.  I'm almost starting to feel sorry for vd Bogie.

Almost, but not quite.

But I do hope someone has hidden all the sharp knives in her kitchen by the time she gets home.
    She's getting the mother of all kickings from Stein.  This morning's session was bad enough when Beer was challenging her about the suicide of some poor chap whom the PO had blamed for a armed robbery on his branch!  It's scarcely believable and most definitely not defensible.

She must be wondering if she's looking at doing some porridge.

Sam steaming in off his long run......

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2777
    It's an Inquiry, not a court case isn't it, so there will be no punishments from this ?  Whether a criminal case will be held I don't know 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11879
    sev112 said:
    It's an Inquiry, not a court case isn't it, so there will be no punishments from this ?  Whether a criminal case will be held I don't know 
    I believe court cases may possibly ensue - @Gassage ?
    Offset said:
    sev112 said:
    I believe court cases may possibly ensue - @Gassage ?
    Yep. 

But post the inquiry.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27638
    Angela van den Bogerd;

"Accomplished HR senior leader with experience gained across the people function within a large, complex, unionised, regulated, multi site, UK organisation"

Is how she describes herself on LinkedIn.

Though, to be fair, it doesn't say what she is "accomplished" in.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Sam has bowled possibly the most hostile spell ever seen since Dean Jones asked Curtly Ambrose to remove his sweatbands in 1998 and Curts took 7 for 1.

edited April 26
    TTony said:
    Angela van den Bogerd;

"Accomplished HR senior leader with experience gained across the people function within a large, complex, unionised, regulated, multi site, UK organisation"

Is how she describes herself on LinkedIn.

Though, to be fair, it doesn't say what she is "accomplished" in.
    Well... lying, incompetence and forgetfulness seem to be particular fortes of hers.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2286
    Gassage said:
    Sam has bowled possibly the most hostile spell ever seen since Dean Jones asked Curtly Ambrose to remove his sweatbands in 1998 and Curts took 7 for 1.

That's completely lost on me....
    edited April 26
    Adey said:
    Gassage said:

That's completely lost on me....
    It's a cricket analogy.

* EDIT - sorry, I was stating the bleedin' obvious :-)
    "A bad stick of rock with POL running through the middle of it...."

Outstanding.

Also- how can 'I see' be such a damning phrase?!

Gassage said:

Outstanding.
    Ahhhh, you're just catching up!  

Although Stein was aggressive and cutting, I though Beer's approach was much more clinical and effective.  Beer dissected her and revealed her for what she is.  Stein just bulldozed her.
    After 30+ years in POL roles, she was both a product of, and representative of, POL HO management culture.

Whilst she has a lot of blame to bear and the wolves deserve their feast when her remains are thrown to them (though even starving wolves may find her remains too distasteful), I sincerely hope that the Exec-level management that allowed and encouraged that culture meet a similar fate.  

I imagine that there are a significant number of "executives" in other organisations who are watching this and thinking "there, but for the grace of God, go I".  And a far greater number who ought to be watching and having that thought.

For the money that they take, their employees, their customers and the wider national well-being really deserves better.
    TTony said:
    Gassage said:

Outstanding.
    Ahhhh, you're just catching up!  

Although Stein was aggressive and cutting, I though Beer's approach was much more clinical and effective.  Beer dissected her and revealed her for what she is.  Stein just bulldozed her.

They all chat beforehand and I am sure it's very much good cop v bad cop.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crosstownvampcrosstownvamp Frets: 296
    I agree Beer's approach seems more effective. 
    Just spent an hour watching some of today's proceedings. It is incredible how the barristers do their job. It's also incredible how today's witness hasn't cracked under the pressure. I suppose they won't stick the knife in to each other till it gets to criminal proceedings. 
    I still can't get my head round why years ago someone didn't say "hold on, I can't do this any more".

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18878
    I agree Beer's approach seems more effective. 
    Just spent an hour watching some of today's proceedings. It is incredible how the barristers do their job. It's also incredible how today's witness hasn't cracked under the pressure. I suppose they won't stick the knife in to each other till it gets to criminal proceedings. 
    I still can't get my head round why years ago someone didn't say "hold on, I can't do this any more".

Just a minute, you realise that are talking about a highly experienced senior HR manager?
    Having met a few, this is nothing very unusual at all, sadly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just a minute, you realise that are talking about a highly experienced senior HR manager?

I think you mean "accomplished HR senior leader".

I had the misfortune to work - albeit briefly last year - for someone who describes himself as a "leader".  

My conclusion is that people recognise, and choose to follow, true leaders.  Anyone who has to describe themselves as a leader in their own PR is generally not one, doesn't understand what one is and couldn't lead their "team" out of the office if the building was on fire.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14310
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

I think you mean "accomplished HR senior leader".

I had the misfortune to work - albeit briefly last year - for someone who describes himself as a "leader".  

My conclusion is that people recognise, and choose to follow, true leaders.  Anyone who has to describe themselves as a leader in their own PR is generally not one, doesn't understand what one is and couldn't lead their "team" out of the office if the building was on fire.
    Does any business advertise 'leader' or 'business leader' required
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7349
    TTony said:

Is this the Oktoberfest?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    To summarise the evidence of Jarnail Singh (POL lawyer) so far this morning ...

"I don't recall that, I wasn't aware".

He's being crucified.  He doesn't deserve such an easy exit.