Mr Bates Vs The Post Office

What's Hot

Comments

• GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    edited February 20
    A damming report this morning going back to 'Dave's days in charge -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68146054
    "Without Prejudice"

Interestingly, this was after the very brave whistleblower, Richard Roll, ex Fujitsu software support, was interviewed by BBC Panorama in 2015 and spilled the beans about remote access data editing. So, maybe the government felt it had to be seen to be doing something about the situation at this time.

"Senior managers tried to smear postmasters before Panorama broadcast an interview in 2015 with a Fujitsu whistleblower.

Former insider Richard Roll revealed accounts on the Horizon computer system could be secretly altered."

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14280
    tFB Trader
    GuyBoden said:

"Without Prejudice"

Interestingly, this was after the very brave whistleblower, Richard Roll, ex Fujitsu software support, was interviewed by BBC Panorama in 2015 and spilled the beans about remote access data editing. So, maybe the government felt it had to be seen to be doing something about the situation at this time.

"Senior managers tried to smear postmasters before Panorama broadcast an interview in 2015 with a Fujitsu whistleblower.

Former insider Richard Roll revealed accounts on the Horizon computer system could be secretly altered."

I Quote

In the summer of 2015 our BBC Panorama
    Trouble At The Post Office, kept on not making the airwaves. Meanwhile, the chair of the Post Office, Alice Perkins, was leading its cover-up of the Horizon scandal from a secretive sub-committee, ‘Operation Sparrow’. At the same time, Perkins was also on the executive board of the broadcaster. She did not register this conflict of interest. Why?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    GuyBoden said:

"Without Prejudice"

I Quote

In the summer of 2015 our BBC Panorama
    Trouble At The Post Office, kept on not making the airwaves. Meanwhile, the chair of the Post Office, Alice Perkins, was leading its cover-up of the Horizon scandal from a secretive sub-committee, ‘Operation Sparrow’. At the same time, Perkins was also on the executive board of the broadcaster. She did not register this conflict of interest. Why?

Below are the unredacted Project Sparrow board meeting minutes April 2014:

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18809
    Some positive news at least   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68369015
    It's almost as if there might be an election due.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11780
    That won't save them!

Excellent news.

But, when will all of the SubPostMasters get full compensation from the Gov/Postoffice.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68411615

This is becoming a soap opera 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    Staunton's not going down without a fight!

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68606121
    Would the barrister also face gaol?
    tFB Trader
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68663750

Not looking good is it - Corporate boardroom can walk all over the 'little guy' 
  • JEMJEM Frets: 128
    And yet...

"Fujitsu set to be preferred bidder in UK digital ID scheme"

edited March 29 tFB Trader
    wow - Just get's worse doesn't it - Now we can see how many of those responsible will themselves be prosecuted - Still not convinced this is the end of it - Who knew in government 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72400
    I think this may well be the largest scale conspiracy to pervert the course of justice in British history. Surely it can’t possibly be all swept under the carpet with no-one really being punished now…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4176
    ICBM said:
    I think this may well be the largest scale conspiracy to pervert the course of justice in British history. Surely it can’t possibly be all swept under the carpet with no-one really being punished now…
    Not only the largest, but the sheer length of time it's taking to even begin getting sorted suggests that some very powerful figures are involved who don't want the great unwashed knowing. Fairly sure it went way over Paula Vennels' pay grade. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    The criminality within this sorry affair means that prosecutions must happen.

If I were the Judge, I would add up the length of sentences of all of the SubPosties and that term would be the sentence for any of the PO or lawyers found guilty.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12905
    I've been following the case since Private Eye started running features on it and my opinion has changed quite a lot over the last year or so. 

I used to think that this was "just" a case of a gigantic fuckup and the inate inertia of large organisations and that aggressively persuing someone to blame wasn't a great idea (because the thing that stops people in large organisations putting their hand up and admitting mistakes is the thought of being hung out to dry, whereas the world would generally be a better place if mistakes could be owned up to and genuine lessons learned without a blame game being played).

However it really is beginning to look like a large scale criminal conspiracy. I'd say that someone should make a film of it but they already have! 
    edited March 29
    "Without Prejudice"

The Post Office Public Enquiry restarts on Tuesday 9 April 2024.

I'm suspecting very hazy memories and not remembering any incriminating details:

• GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Jason Beer on fire this morning....

"Which part of that sentence do you find unclear?"

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11780
    Gassage said:
    Jason Beer on fire this morning....

"Which part of that sentence do you find unclear?"
    Urbane pitbull Edward Henry KC is tearing Rodric Williams a new one, and Williams looks like he wants the ground to open up under him.  An excruciatingly awful performance - he seems ill-prepared, hesitant, shit-scared and frankly clueless.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom