Knopflers Auction Guitar list 31 jan

What's Hot

Comments

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1436
    Just spoken to the mods and everyone who made Money for Nothing references in this thread is banned for life.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just spoken to the mods and everyone who made Money for Nothing references in this thread is banned for life.
    Perhaps they’ll launch a private investigation.

I’ll get my coat…
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 960
    I thought we'd all have to do the walk of life to twist by the pool and maybe sail to Philadelphia ... aw few I'm going home!

There ... got it out of system :anguished: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    stufisher said:
    I thought we'd all have to do the walk of life to twist by the pool and maybe sail to Philadelphia ... aw few I'm going home!

Wanted to go to Philadephia but I'm in the UK and well, its just ....so far away! 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 417
    Voxman said:
    stufisher said:

Wanted to go to Philadephia but I'm in the UK and well, its just ....so far away! 
    Probably be heavy on the fuel. (Sorry.)
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
    £550k hammer for the 59 LP
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1692
    edited January 31
    Good to know he's keeping the AC4 and the AC15!
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    I've got an estimate from Christies of £400-£600 on one of my guitars.

Shall we start the bidding at £10k??

Whoever put those estimates on Knopfler's stuff should be looking for a new job tomorrow ... 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 564
    TTony said:
    I've got an estimate from Christies of £400-£600 on one of my guitars.

Shall we start the bidding at £10k??

Whoever put those estimates on Knopfler's stuff should be looking for a new job tomorrow ... 
    them and the entire IT department.  Really earning their 26%. 

Needless to say I got nowhere near the S400’s even the one with almost no connection.  I mean nowhere.  Haha
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    Will any go for six figures?
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 563
    LPManic said:
    Not now, no. 
    LPManic said:
    Nah - all the big ticket stuff has gone - unsurprisingly the '59 LP was the most expensive. 
    Hilarious... the closest estimate so far is like a quarter of the final price. Several guitars have gone for prices TWO MOTHERFOOKING ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE higher. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   

• Yorkie said:
    Hilarious... the closest estimate so far is like a quarter of the final price. Several guitars have gone for prices TWO MOTHERFOOKING ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE higher. 
    Given that the estimate on the '59 was £300-500k, £550k seems quite reasonable!
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    Makes me feel much better about my two modest purchases this week...............
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 563
    Feck me, this ginger lass reckons it's Eurovision or something?
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 14034
    edited January 31
    I'm unschooled in the ways of auctions, but I must admit I thought auctioneers would have been expected to have had a reasonably decent level of knowledge of the clobber they're flogging.  In this instance the auctioneer made absolutely no effort to conceal her total ignorance of each and every lot.  It somewhat took me by surprise but given the amateurishness on display around other aspects of the proceedings, perhaps it shouldn't have. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yorkie said:
    Given that the estimate on the '59 was £300-500k, £550k seems quite reasonable!
    Yeah, missed that one. My brain seems to have an automatic outlier rejection mechanism built in! 

• Voxman said:
    LPManic said:
    Nah - all the big ticket stuff has gone - unsurprisingly the '59 LP was the most expensive. 
    It wasn’t. The prehistoric sold for more.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    Offset said:
    I'm unschooled in the ways of auctions, but I must admit I thought auctioneers would have been expected to have had a reasonably decent level of knowledge of the clobber they're flogging.  In this instance the auctioneer made absolutely no effort to conceal her total ignorance of each and every lot.  It somewhat took me by surprise but given the amateurishness on display around other aspects of the proceedings, perhaps it shouldn't have. 

The assessors, with considerable experience, will value it but It's the auctioneer's job to sell it and if they can do that and get a good price while knowing SFA about it, they are doing their job well.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.