Netflix recommendation

What's Hot

Comments

• Baby Reindeer. Astonishing. 
    Trailers and reviews for this look great - definitely near the top of my to-do list!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5586
    Yeah, Baby Reindeer is great. We're halfway through and loving it
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 786
    Chuffola said:

Loudermilk - just finished it. Pretty good if you like curmudgeonly middle aged men complaining about the modern world. 
    Get enough of that here! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10374
    edited April 15
    The Gentlemen has had slightly mixed reviews but I’m loving it so far. Not as geezerish as most Guy Ritchie stuff and all the better for it . 
    8.2 on IMDB, which is a pretty good score. Anything above 8.0 is normally good in my book, I have a system.

I plan to watch it at some point but Shogun and Fallout have me occupied this week. 

What Jennifer Did is a mad documentary if you guys haven't seen it.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23480
    I've just finished watching Baby Reindeer.  Wow.  I went into it with only the vaguest idea what it was about, and it goes to places I really was not expecting to go.  Powerful, disturbing stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2633
    I watched Baby Reindeer too and it is extremely powerful stuff.

Although I do slightly struggle to get my head round someone playing himself in a Netflix hit, dramatically portraying such a traumatic period in his life. I hope he, and the others in the story, are able to deal with that.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    Just started Three Body Problem. Two episodes in and I’m hooked. Intriguing stuff.  
  • guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 327
    1670 (if you are Polish or of Polish decent). It's freakin' hilarious and has English subtitles if necessary)

Ripley

Maestro

Ford Vs Ferrari

Bojack Horseman

Brooklyn 99

The Gentlemen

The Good Place

Peaky Blinders

YMMV as I'm in France and what's available on Netflix can change according to what country you're in.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7174
    King Richard is on there, I enjoyed it.

The story of Venus and Serena Williams' upbringing and rise to success thanks to their determined but overbearing father.

It's kind of long but very watchable. No real story arc (highs and lows) but it doesn't matter too much as the actuality of what they achieved speaks for itself. It's essentially a vehicle for Will Smith so if you're not a fan maybe don't bother but I think he's a fine actor.

3 out of 5 grand slams!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1524
    tony99 said:

The story of Venus and Serena Williams' upbringing and rise to success thanks to their determined but overbearing father.

It's kind of long but very watchable. No real story arc (highs and lows) but it doesn't matter too much as the actuality of what they achieved speaks for itself. It's essentially a vehicle for Will Smith so if you're not a fan maybe don't bother but I think he's a fine actor.

3 out of 5 grand slams!
    Can’t really watch him post Oscar slap. 

Philly_Q said:
    I've just finished watching Baby Reindeer.  Wow.  I went into it with only the vaguest idea what it was about, and it goes to places I really was not expecting to go.  Powerful, disturbing stuff.
    Innit. 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1586
    Baby Reindeer is almost as good as Its a Sin 
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 663
    Baby Reindeer & Ripley......both great

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7174
    tony99 said:

3 out of 5 grand slams!
    Really? Why?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • jesonejesone Frets: 64
    Dahmer
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12284
    tony99 said:

3 out of 5 grand slams!
    Nope, me neither.  Which is a shame but there it is.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2633
    ewal said:
    I watched Baby Reindeer too and it is extremely powerful stuff.

Although I do slightly struggle to get my head round someone playing himself in a Netflix hit, dramatically portraying such a traumatic period in his life. I hope he, and the others in the story, are able to deal with that.
    I did sorta think that these less savoury side effects of making a Netflix hit out of traumatic true story were inevitable....

The dangerous fallout from Baby Reindeer: should Richard Gadd have been less honest about his abusers? | Television | The Guardian
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16033
    Wife gets ides about progs she wants tae see from that highbrow nugget of broadcasting.....Gogglebox

"that Baby Reindeer" looks good John....I am 5 episodes in and can assure her that it is not for her

Prog could do with a bit of humour if you ask me. The way it has been shot is wonderful and new to me,all the close ups and addressing the camera rather than another actor....it's as bleak as that lighthouse film though and my appetite for horror and sadness is diminishing as I get older
    tae be or not tae be
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:

3 out of 5 grand slams!
    Really? Why?
    Thought it would be obvious, Tony!
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1184
    edited April 28
    Another vote for Baby Reindeer. Extremely well made and the acting is superb.