Netflix recommendation

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23094
    Godless
    Mindhunter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6165
    The Three-Body Problem.  A very good adaption of the book. Essential viewing.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crosstownvampcrosstownvamp Frets: 299
    Top Boy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 802
    The Gentlemen has had slightly mixed reviews but I’m loving it so far. Not as geezerish as most Guy Ritchie stuff and all the better for it . 
    Another vote for Gentlemen - I really liked it.

Also, I second Godless above. What a phenomenal actress Michelle Dockery is. An East-end gal who can be totally convincing both as an early 20th century British aristocrat and as a hard-bitten 19th century American homesteader.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12426
    It's always sunny in Philadelphia, consistently great over a zillion seasons.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 898
    edited April 9
    A lot of good suggestions already.

Midnight Mass
    The Studio Ghibli animations
    Stranger Things
    Lots of comedy specials. You are bound to find something you like. I loved Demetri Martin's recent special. I had to turn off Ricky Gervais 
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 296
    Is it Caaaaakkkkkeee?!?!?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 741
    edited April 9
    ewal said:
    A Nearly Normal Family
    Sherpa
    Last Stop Larrimah
    The Pharmacist
    Black Butterflies

I should really provide some sort of description...
    I watched sherpa the other night, very interesting and enlightening. 
    I must admit I thought "sherpa" was just a name for people that humphed stuff up mountains.
    I also didn't realise the most dangerous part of climbing everest was at the bottom. 
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Ripley.
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1148
    Kurtis said:
    ewal said:
    A Nearly Normal Family
    Sherpa
    Last Stop Larrimah
    The Pharmacist
    Black Butterflies

I must admit I thought "sherpa" was just a name for people that humphed stuff up mountains.
    I also didn't realise the most dangerous part of climbing everest was at the bottom. 
    To paraphrase some Everest climbers on documentaries I've seen - "the most dangerous part of climbing to the top of a mountain, is going down from the top of the mountain".

And it's true.  More people die on the way down than on the way up according to statistics.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1880
    Isn't falling by definition "going down the mountain"?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Narcos is excellent although it's been around a while so you may have already seen it.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    kaypeejay said:
    Narcos is excellent although it's been around a while so you may have already seen it.

Came here to add this to the list. I'm nearly at the end of season 2 and I'm utterly hooked (although it's quite upsetting in places). There's also Narcos Mexico, which I might watch when I've finished the original one.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    kaypeejay said:

Came here to add this to the list. I'm nearly at the end of season 2 and I'm utterly hooked (although it's quite upsetting in places). There's also Narcos Mexico, which I might watch when I've finished the original one.
    You WILL watch it :-) I finished series 2 last night and looked around for something to watch. The only think that I thought vaguely as good was Narcos Mexico. The first episode hits the spot!!!!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15987
    Kurtis said:
    ewal said:
    A Nearly Normal Family
    Sherpa
    Last Stop Larrimah
    The Pharmacist
    Black Butterflies

yeah,that's where you land when you fall off
    tae be or not tae be
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 741
    edited April 9
    It's a certain part just after the base camp where there's a flow of giant chunks of ice that's constantly moving, plus a ridge above that is constantly collapsing. They cross at night when it's coldest using ladders as makeshift bridges going from chunk to chunk. 
    In the documentary there's an incident where several sherpa and climbers are crushed to death. 
    Apparently it's not uncommon. 

There's a constant queue of people wanting to climb the mountain. They cross it twice but the sherpa are there all season and cross it many times. 

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    kaypeejay said:
    kaypeejay said:

You WILL watch it :-) I finished series 2 last night and looked around for something to watch. The only think that I thought vaguely as good was Narcos Mexico. The first episode hits the spot!!!!

I finished season 3 yesterday, didn't think it was quite as good as the first two, although in the second half it really kicked off. Going to watch Mexico, but I'm having a break from it for a little while; started Mindhunter today.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Dark - one of the best strange sci/fi series I've seen. German and best with subtitles rather than dubbed.

Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Hilarious. 

Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul - unmissable. 

Loudermilk - just finished it. Pretty good if you like curmudgeonly middle aged men complaining about the modern world. 
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1503
    Baby Reindeer. Astonishing. 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2221
    Baby Reindeer. Astonishing. 
    I watched this last night.  Great series.